E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > water/methanol injection install help please



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
shyestsparks
Captain
 
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ca

Posts: 827
iTrader: (5)

Smile water/methanol injection install help please

For those who installed a H2O/meth. kit on their 335; where did you guys install the jet/jets? I have the snow performance stage 2 kit; I was checking the charge tube but the MAP sensor and the DVs are close to the throttle body; I'm not sure if the spray would affect the MAP sensor (it shouldn't but I'm not 100% sure). Did you guys tapped after the DVs and MAP (if so where?) or before the DVs and MAP. Thanks guys for your input.
shyestsparks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
M&M
Captain
 
M&M's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)

Intercooler outlet pipe.
M&M is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
shyestsparks
Captain
 
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ca

Posts: 827
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
Intercooler outlet pipe.
Cool, thanks.
shyestsparks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
sambonator
Samtaro!
 
sambonator's Avatar
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Posts: 2,504
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
Cool, thanks.
How much did that cost Shyest? And do those JK Tech wheels REALLY properly over the 335i's brakes?
__________________
sambonator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
shyestsparks
Captain
 
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ca

Posts: 827
iTrader: (5)

I got it at a bargain price, a neighbor of mine was gonna use it on his turbo eclipse but decided to sell his car (275.00 brand new), a new stage 2 system costs close to 450.00 shipped. And as for the second question; I don't want to someone else's business so let me put it this way, they came from an E90 330i but when I tried them on, they would not clear my E90 335i as the front brakes of the 335i are bigger than the 330i; otherwise I wouldn't have sold them as they are beautiful wheels. In my opinion, if you wannna use those wheels for an E90 335i, you are gonna need approx. 3/4" to 1" spacers in front.
shyestsparks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
sambonator
Samtaro!
 
sambonator's Avatar
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Posts: 2,504
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
...In my opinion, if you wannna use those wheels for an E90 335i, you are gonna need approx. 3/4" to 1" spacers in front.
That's what I thought. I hope no one with a 335i buys them... they are going to be pissed off...
__________________
sambonator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 03:11 AM   #7
shyestsparks
Captain
 
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ca

Posts: 827
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
Intercooler outlet pipe.
I'm sorry to bother you again; but is it a possibility for you to exactly point out where did you tap in the nozzle; here's a pic of the charged piping. Thank you very much for your help.

shyestsparks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #8
deck
500whp or bust!
 
Drives: 2007 AW 335i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Valley

Posts: 152
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck Send a message via Skype™ to deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
I'm sorry to bother you again; but is it a possibility for you to exactly point out where did you tap in the nozzle; here's a pic of the charged piping. Thank you very much for your help.

Bump, any answer to this question?
deck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #9
steve@logic
 
steve@logic's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
I'm sorry to bother you again; but is it a possibility for you to exactly point out where did you tap in the nozzle; here's a pic of the charged piping. Thank you very much for your help.

I dont think its going to be on that diagram you posted. I think he is talking about the charge pipe that comes right off the inter cooler that leads to the intake manifold. Right before the rubber elbow pipe. Hope this helps!
steve@logic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
M&M
Captain
 
M&M's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@logic View Post
I dont think its going to be on that diagram you posted. I think he is talking about the charge pipe that comes right off the inter cooler that leads to the intake manifold. Right before the rubber elbow pipe. Hope this helps!
Yeah that's the one.
M&M is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #11
B'CahiLL-The Boss
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M6 with Kellener's - next. AW
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 300
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
For those who installed a H2O/meth. kit on their 335; where did you guys install the jet/jets? I have the snow performance stage 2 kit; I was checking the charge tube but the MAP sensor and the DVs are close to the throttle body; I'm not sure if the spray would affect the MAP sensor (it shouldn't but I'm not 100% sure). Did you guys tapped after the DVs and MAP (if so where?) or before the DVs and MAP. Thanks guys for your input.
Can u provide a link ?? I would be interested in blowing my 335 the fuck up!
__________________
My 2011 reality dream car: F430 black. Brand new.
B'CahiLL-The Boss is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST