E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F10 Wrap...which colour to go?

View Poll Results: Wrap or no Wrap, and if wrap it then which colour
Wrap it in Austin Yellow Colour 9 21.43%
Wrap it in Frozen blue... stick with traditional colours 11 26.19%
Wrapping is waster of money....avoid it. You'll struggle to sell your car! 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

06-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #23
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Mak...there a frozen dark silver that I've seen one of these in! It was pure sex! That would be my choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #24
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
If it was my car I would go chrome matte red

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/507077239269022864/

definitely get a wrap makes i unique and protects it!
Red is a NO NO in my diary and Mrs hate red cars. She thinks Gays drive red cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
here's an Austin yellow wrapped m5 rep for sale on ebay and looks very good!

but now hes done it do something different!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-BMW-F...item235301d71b
Yes checked it. Guy is under illusion that its first F10 in that colour....
There was another real m5 which was wrapped in that colour 2 years ago.
He may have followed the first car and stating that its ONLY F10 in that colour.

Look mean though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Mak...there a frozen dark silver that I've seen one of these in! It was pure sex! That would be my choice.
Any photos Gaza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
IF your going to wrap it which I think you are as you've set your heart on it i'd go for a bold colour, & not one you can get from BMW Austin Yellow is nice BUT it's been done.

You are makin your car a statement about you, you've gone to the effort of personalisin your F10 with your trick bits Why stick to a tryed and tested colour be bold, there are some awesome colour wraps out there.
holmefield

The_Bear_Yid

Waspo

Digitalize

Thanks guys for your contribution. When I am not sure about certain mods, I ask Mrs and forum members here. And I totally appreciate input of everyone who contributed to voting and here.

If we look at voting, majority is 'do not wrap it'.

My insurance was due and new insurance quotes was approx £800.

Added wrap and it went to £1200. Tried different insurance companies and Sky turned out to be cheapest and agreed to cover it for £750.

SO..... I started this thread and was tempted to get it done.

However two factors which went against it;
1- Majority voted against wrapping including miswa. She told me that I can spend 1K on better things.

2- My insurance renewal was less than £500.

So I put my sensible hat on....and decided against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post

Not my type mate though its unique. Thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banners24b View Post
I like the yellow, but it's the black lower sills and black front spoiler inlays that set it off don't think it would look so good without them.

Agreed.
      06-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I have nothing against a wrap. Sure it may have to go when you sell the car but that's not that different to other mods which might also have to be removed and will never get their full value back even if they can be sold separately.

The reason I voted no is just that I look at your car and think it looks superb. I dont think either of the alternatives you suggested would make it look any worse, but I don't think they would add much either. Therefore I think the money could be better spent on something else. I'm also not sure if either of those colours would work very well with your interior?
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #26
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

I'd put the £1000 towards air
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #27
ethanjoon
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6MT, E90 330i 6MT

I don't think wrapping your car will make it difficult to sell. On the contrary, it protects your paint and I, personally as a buyer, would be much keener on buying a car that was wrapped immediately after purchase than one that has rock chips and scratches. Just my .02. And regarding color, I'm a huge fan of frozen blue. But if you'd like a more 'painted' look, maybe try a gloss blue. A gloss Laguna Seca Blue would look killer on your F10. The options really are endless. Good luck and keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #28
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktis_Conviction
I don't think wrapping your car will make it difficult to sell. On the contrary, it protects your paint and I, personally as a buyer, would be much keener on buying a car that was wrapped immediately after purchase than one that has rock chips and scratches. Just my .02. And regarding color, I'm a huge fan of frozen blue. But if you'd like a more 'painted' look, maybe try a gloss blue. A gloss Laguna Seca Blue would look killer on your F10. The options really are endless. Good luck and keep us posted
I wouldn't go near a wrapped car - the comment 'a wrap protects your paint' makes larf tbh mate.

What's the point in buying a colour you want ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #29
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

I think it would look amazing in either colour, but I'd get tired of it after a while too, & may attract attention from the wrong people, whereas the colour it is now looks great & is tireless / tireless.
Appreciate 0