E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Religion is outdated, a mix between science and God is what I'm into, see my view

12-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Neema
Major General

Drives: a few BMWs

Religion is outdated, a mix between science and God is what I'm into, see my view

First of all, yes I am young. I am 19 and have lots of things to learn about politics and religion. No, I am not just a spokes person for my parent's point of view, these are my one ways and ideas.

I believe in God, and believe that he created everything at one point, all the cells needed to form life. But that is also why I believe in evolution. Who said God couldnt create the big bang, or the cells from which everything evolved. I do not, however, believe in all of the creation stories and fictional stories from different religions.

People didnt have labs, science, and all the knowledge we have today. So of course when humans from thousands of years ago encountered unexplainable things such as the Aura's in space, they would just create some sort of explanation to answer their curiosity. Answers like, "its a message from God" or whatever......are just the result of primitive people fulfilling the human nature to wonder and seek answers to questions.

What? Did you think someone from 3000 years ago could tell you that a comet was a piece of cosmic matter, traveling at amazing speeds, with ice particles and other matter trailing behind it? Or that the Earth was formed over the course of billions of years and that continents shift and so forth?? No, of course not. They didnt have the knowledge to answer those kind of questions. So, to the knowledge of their time, they just dismiss the comet as being some supernatural force or being, and the Earth as just being created by God........which like I said, I believe God created all of the cells and atoms that now make up the Earth and universe, but not through the story of creation. I'm just a modern person who still has faith in God.

Please understand that Im just using this whole a comet and auro thing as an example of primitive people using simple answers to explain complex things that we only now have learned. And that the comet and aura examples Im using arent directly taken out of a story from a certain religion. They do, however, closely resemble other natural or scientific forces that were unexplainable during ancient times, therefore being dismissed as acts of God, or super natural forces. And this is why I believe that religions need to be updated to meet the standards of current times.

Things like not eating pork, or that certain animals are dirty and forbidden are just things of the past. I mean, Im sure that pork was very dirty and unhealthy back then and that certain animals were disease ridden, but not necessarily today.

I believe in a mix between science and God, not religion. I believe that there is one God, that we should do the right things and so on, but I still firmly believe in science.......how can you ignore that. Religion is like a bunch of clubs with minute difference in their rules, but with a few MAJOR and fundamental things in common. So Im not too critical on religions, as long as they believe in a God and do the right things.

The beauty of science to me in relation to God is this: That the more we learn about how things work and further we delve into science. The more the obvious the beauty, balance, precision, and complexity of God's creations become.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
      12-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
oh no!

!Xoible is offline   United_States
      12-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
religion should not negate science. if it does then find another religion
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      12-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Neema
Major General

I also strongly feel that religions are in the way of progress to a certain extent. I think we all know what Im refering to........yes, stem cells; their use, method of obtaining, and research

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
      12-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #5
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

nobody opposes stem cell research. they oppose embryonic stem cell research. which is still stupid because it's not like people are getting abortions for that purpose, and if people are going to get abortions, we might as well use the aftermath to benefit research.
      12-25-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
Neema
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
Exactly, to me science is a complex answer to God's ways.......instead of the primitive answers from the Bible, or Koran, or any similar book for that matter. I just dont buy into things like the earth being created in a few days, or other extremely fictional stories. But again, not believing in creation DOES NOT MEAN not believing in God. I already said that I still believe he created all of the initial elements that it took to start life, however it was started, but not as easy as just 7 days and vaula

12-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #7
imolazhp_ci
Major

voila! i think the problem with religion is too many people take it literally. i don't think it's that way. i think most things are anecdotal and present a theoretical situation for our benefit. people who take the stories as dictations are the reason religion gets such as bad rep.
      12-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #8
Neema
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
voila! i think the problem with religion is too many people take it literally. i don't think it's that way. i think most things are anecdotal and present a theoretical situation for our benefit. people who take the stories as dictations are the reason religion gets such as bad rep.
yup, I try and ignore the primitive explanations for the ways that things work, no w that science has answered more then enough to rule out the explanations of religion. And focus more on the fundamentals, like doing good, feeling compelled to help others, and so on.

12-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #9
imolazhp_ci
Major

the logic i follow is that muslims, jews, christians, mormons, they all believe in the same god. the majority of them all try to be good people. if they do right, and practice tolerance and maintain good morals, i can't believe that God cares which method they worship him in, and if he does, then that's bullshit.
      12-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #10
Rimola
First Lieutenant

Drives: Dodge Viper

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
just to clearify about the pork eating...i hope that the comment wasn't specifically targeted towards any religion. For anyone that believes in the book called the "Bible"...

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

many people "think" that ONLY Islam or Hebrews are forbidden to eat pork since it is mentioned within their Holy Book

and to go into fruther detail and explain as to why "anyone" would not eat pork, not eating pork is a measure to safeguard health. of all the domestic animals, pig is the most avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. it is the cradle of harmful germs and parasites. its meat is carrier of diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption

hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States
      12-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #11
imolazhp_ci
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimola View Post
just to clearify about the pork eating...i hope that the comment wasn't specifically targeted towards any religion. For anyone that believes in the book called the "Bible"...

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

many people "think" that ONLY Islam or Hebrews are forbidden to eat pork since it is mentioned within their Holy Book

and to go into fruther detail and explain as to why "anyone" would not eat pork, not eating pork is a measure to safeguard health. of all the domestic animals, pig is the most avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. it is the cradle of harmful germs and parasites. its meat is carrier of diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption

hope that helps
that is determined for the "chosen people" or the people which God has a covenant. i.e. the Jews specifically, not simply believers in God. i am not sure what the Quran says about it for Muslims.
      12-25-2007, 02:03 AM   #12
Rimola
First Lieutenant

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat, blood and the flesh of the swine and that which hath been invoked the name other than Allah. "

Holy Qur'an 5:4

i agree with you, i was just merely stating that many people believe that pork eating is associated with just one religion, although it is mentioned in every Holy Book

Quote:
      12-25-2007, 02:04 AM   #13
imolazhp_ci
Major

Quote:
" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat, blood and the flesh of the swine and that which hath been invoked the name other than Allah. "

Holy Qur'an 5:4

i agree with you, i was just merely stating that many people believe that pork eating is associated with just one religion, although it is mentioned in every Holy Book
oh yes, correct. i thought you were saying that if you believe in the bible at all that you are wrong to eat pork. we're on the same page. no worries.
      12-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #14
Rimola
First Lieutenant

yes sir...IMO any Holy Book is a guidance to life, what and how you interpret things is all left up to the indvidual. you may agree with some things and disagree with others

Quote:
      12-25-2007, 02:10 AM   #15
Neema
Major General

Quote:
yes sir...IMO any Holy Book is a guidance to life, what and how you interpret things is all left up to the indvidual. you may agree with some things and disagree with others
exactly

12-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #16
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

You're joining more and more of the "enlightened" people of the world who no longer beleive in the corrupted organized religions, but instead take the best of both the religious and secular/scientific worlds in an attempt to make the world even better.

It's amazing what the invention of the internet has done for religion, both good and bad. Now you can reach out and communicate with people on a global scale, and better refine your beliefs.

Keep marching forward! We need more people like you who have a humble heart and a strong mind.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      12-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #17
3onDubs
You live by the sword...

Drives: 2014 F30 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
+100000000

There are religions out there that coexist with science and logic.