E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge!!!

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

scottwww, floridaboy, its ray den, hks786, go for it and make some money. Prove that God exist, and you get a cool mil.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I've learned over the years that me, you, Christians and everyone have different opinions on what proof is. This means that for me to win the challenege I'd have to provide something that is deemed as evidence for JREF which isnt very objective at all.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I've learned over the years that me, you, Christians and everyone have different opinions on what proof is. This means that for me to win the challenege I'd have to provide something that is deemed as evidence for JREF which isnt very objective at all.
c'mon, go for it! It's half million pounds!!
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

I guess, there are no takers...
Does that mean that religious folks believe in something that they can't prove even when offered a million bucks? I mean, you can always give it to your church.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
c'mon, go for it! It's half million pounds!!
what does that change? it's an impossibility. We cant agree on what proof is so it's pointless attempting it. The challenge might aswell be to lick my elbow.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
what does that change? it's an impossibility. We cant agree on what proof is so it's pointless attempting it. The challenge might aswell be to lick my elbow.
See now you have to think outside of the box. You could have a team of surgeons amputate your arm, have you lick it, and reattach it. After medical expenses, you'd still walk away with a good chunk of change.

Back to the OP, are you saying that you are special, so you see and feel things I don’t?
Is it genetically pre-programmed?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

That's completely different. I used a bad example and I knew you would pick up on it. Sadly, you didnt pick up on the fact that that while I could amputate my arm etc. I cant actually make you accept my "proof" as evidence. We clearly have different ideas about what proof is.

And no it's nothing to do with being special. We just cant agree on what proof is...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
That's completely different. I used a bad example and I knew you would pick up on it. Sadly, you didnt pick up on the fact that that while I could amputate my arm etc. I cant actually make you accept my "proof" as evidence. We clearly have different ideas about what proof is.

And no it's nothing to do with being special. We just cant agree on what proof is...
And what is your proof again?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #9
FirstClass
Brigadier General
31
Rep
3,199
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

See Deuteronomy 6:16 then come back to me. Look up the definition of "faith" while you're at it.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
See Deuteronomy 6:16 then come back to me. Look up the definition of "faith" while you're at it.
Bible as a proof...
Go watch the Seahorse movie then start a thread about seahorses...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
See Deuteronomy 6:16 then come back to me. Look up the definition of "faith" while you're at it.

Deuteronomy 6:16
“Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.”

This is a free country (see below) and questioning authority is mentally healthy!!!

Can’t you see that 3rdt commandment:

“You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God”

Is in direct opposition to the 1st amendment!!! Freedom of speech. 3rd grade logic shows that US has not be founded as a Christian nation.

Amendment One

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"Truth is sought for its own sake. And those who are engaged upon the quest for anything for its own sake are not interested in other things. Finding the truth is difficult, and the road to it is rough.”

And faith is belief without evidence. Please pm me if you want to buy a bridge in sunny Florida. Show me some faith.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
FirstClass
Brigadier General
31
Rep
3,199
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Did somebody say we were a Christian nation? Religious most certainly but not necessarily Christian. Most of the founding fathers were deists I think.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,376
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

“You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God”
Is in direct opposition to the 1st amendment!!!

Huh? How can a rule about living your life be compared to a rule about how the government will run a country? There isn't really any relationship there, other than it being a rule.
Thoe who came to the New World were looking for religious freedom and tolerance. That doesn't necessarily imply Christianity, although many were in that boat, so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
18
Rep
1,212
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Nobody can prove the existence of god(s). Every religion is premised upon faith, i.e. there can be no proof. You have to believe with your heart, not your brain. It's emotional, not logical. Religion has nothing to do with logic.

Stop trying to make believers prove it, and stop trying to offer proof. Can't be done, stop wasting your time. Believe, or don't.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 05:52 PM   #15
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Nobody can prove the existence of god(s). Every religion is premised upon faith, i.e. there can be no proof. You have to believe with your heart, not your brain. It's emotional, not logical. Religion has nothing to do with logic.

Stop trying to make believers prove it, and stop trying to offer proof. Can't be done, stop wasting your time. Believe, or don't.
That's all nice and tolerant, however religious VOTE! That concerns me, because they can't think for themselves. They buy what their church tells them. Hook, line and sinker.

I’m trying to raise critical-thinking awareness among the religious.

P.S. I used to not care until they started pushing the intelligent design into science class.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #16
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
And what is your proof again?
If you really want to know what Islam teaches, why dont you google it up?

I've already told you that from nothing comes nothing. The only way the Big Bang could have happened is if there was a CAUSE. Now we know that the universe hasnt always just been there, it expands and it can be traced back to a point source i.e the Big Bang.

Also, living cells dont just pop out of NOTHING, even Darwin admitted this himself! that's why it was called the "theory of evolution", it's just a theory.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #17
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
If you really want to know what Islam teaches, why dont you google it up?

I've already told you that from nothing comes nothing. The only way the Big Bang could have happened is if there was a CAUSE. Now we know that the universe hasnt always just been there, it expands and it can be traced back to a point source i.e the Big Bang.

Also, living cells dont just pop out of NOTHING, even Darwin admitted this himself! that's why it was called the "theory of evolution", it's just a theory.
Hks786,

We must set basic rules of engagement.

1. We (humans) Don’t know the origin of Universe or life!
2. We have our smartest, brightest, most challenging minds working on it 24/7!!!
3. Above mentioned will not take any s&*t from anyone…
4. God (human need for SkyDaddy) is a plausible hypothesis

OK, THIS IS THE WHERE WE MUST SPLIT HAIRS:

1. Does God exist??
2. Who’s God???
a) Buddha?
b) Hindu?
c) Jesus?
d) Allah?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #18
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Hks786,

We must set basic rules of engagement.

1. We (humans) Don’t know the origin of Universe or life!
2. We have our smartest, brightest, most challenging minds working on it 24/7!!!
3. Above mentioned will not take any s&*t from anyone…
4. God (human need for SkyDaddy) is a plausible hypothesis

OK, THIS IS THE WHERE WE MUST SPLIT HAIRS:

1. Does God exist??
2. Who’s God???
a) Buddha?
b) Hindu?
c) Jesus?
d) Allah?
you forgot Mohammad...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
Ru$$ell
M0derator
Ru$$ell's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
10
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: your mom
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Ru$$ell
^Muhammad is the last messenger and prophet of God(for muslims)
__________________
durka durka, mohammed jihad
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
FirstClass
Brigadier General
31
Rep
3,199
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
P.S. I used to not care until they started pushing the intelligent design into science class.
Intelligent design is just as plausible as evolution. Neither has any proof. Humans somehow came about from a bunch of organic molecules floating around in the oceans? Suuuuure.

P.S. Allele frequency and such I'm not calling into question, that stuff works and is entirely provable, but the long term is not and has not proof other than, "well it's possible this could have happened".
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #21
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,119
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Intelligent design is just as plausible as evolution. Neither has any proof. Humans somehow came about from a bunch of organic molecules floating around in the oceans? Suuuuure.

P.S. Allele frequency and such I'm not calling into question, that stuff works and is entirely provable, but the long term is not and has not proof other than, "well it's possible this could have happened".
Intelligent design is not a theory, because it is based on un-testable hypothesis.
Intelligent design is simply creationism in disguise.

And, what is so intelligent about it? Why do humans and other animals have waste disposal and entertainment system 2 inches from each other? Penguins are birds that don’t fly? The creator must be very interested in bugs:

Insects are a major group of arthropods and the most diverse group of animals on the Earth, with over a million described species—more than half of all known living organisms with published estimates of undescribed species as high as 30 million, thus potentially representing over 90% of the life forms on the planet.

Make sure you educate yourself at places other than your local church.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #22
FirstClass
Brigadier General
31
Rep
3,199
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

That proves what exactly? One problem that all you people do (by you people I mean Darwin lovers) is assume intelligent design = God. That's not true. I personally believe in God but from a scientific standpoint it could have just as easily been the black monolith or some other highly advance alien race/technology that created life on this planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Intelligent design is not a theory, because it is based on un-testable hypothesis.
Evolution can be tested? How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
And, what is so intelligent about it? Why do humans and other animals have waste disposal and entertainment system 2 inches from each other? Penguins are birds that don’t fly?
Same argument in reverse. Yeah those seem weird, so why the hell would things evolve like that?
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST