E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Looking for m3 style bumper

01-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
JEger
BMS Cold air intake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i x-drive

Garage List
Looking for m3 style bumper

Needs to be able to fit model 2011 335i e90 paint code is A42 but color isn't important at the moment. Also looking for some advise on modding all advise is helpful. Looking for a tuner, intake, as well as a exhaust system.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

My best advice is search.

And I don't mean it rudely, like I know the answer but won't give it to you.

It's just that there are so many options and vendors, you'll be better off looking for everyone of them and deciding which one better fits your needs (based on taste for looks and sound; all too varied, on your location, budget etc.)

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
JEger
BMS Cold air intake
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have been for a couple months now, I've read about and looked at many options. I just want to hear peoples input on how they did their car and how they like it. Rather than the trial and error approach with it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm wrong View Post
My best advice is search.

And I don't mean it rudely, like I know the answer but won't give it to you.

It's just that there are so many options and vendors, you'll be better off looking for everyone of them and deciding which one better fits your needs (based on taste for looks and sound; all too varied, on your location, budget etc.)

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEger View Post
I have been for a couple months now, I've read about and looked at many options. I just want to hear peoples input on how they did their car and how they like it. Rather than the trial and error approach with it lol
Oh cool that makes sense. The universe of responses will be a lot more limited, but I think you'll narrow your options down to a few that were already tried anyway right.

Best of luck!
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
lichtgelb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

I bought an M3 style bumper off eBay. It fit just fine and looks great. If you go that route be sure to find a bumper that fits your cars options like PDC and/or headlight washers.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Don't all the bumpers essentially come from the same place in Taiwan?

I went with JGMods and had a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #7
JEger
BMS Cold air intake
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Did they paint it also? Or did you do that separate with a private painter, if so what would be the range i should be paying for it? I've read anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand but no really constant answer. But i know you get what you pay for when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckedhim View Post
Don't all the bumpers essentially come from the same place in Taiwan?

I went with JGMods and had a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #8
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Did they paint it also? Or did you do that separate with a private painter, if so what would be the range i should be paying for it? I've read anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand but no really constant answer. But i know you get what you pay for when it comes to that kind of stuff.
I had to have my front and rear bumpers replaced so I had the bumpers I ordered sent to the shop, unpainted. I think the total after painting & installation was around $900. Maybe less. I don't remember off the top of my head. So maybe it was around $400-500 per bumper?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #9
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Quote:
You want to get it painted locally and have it blended.

Also search... This topic has been beaten to death.

Pretty much any good feedback seller on eBay selling one made of PPU should suffice or buy from a vendor and help support the site.

Either way it will be about the same.

Last edited by XM_Rocks; 01-06-2016 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0