E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Official PROcede Beta Program

View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in the PROcede Beta Group
NO. Because I don't meet all those requirements. 16 15.69%
YES. I meet all those requirements and I'm ready to test! 66 64.71%
I just like to vote in polls without actually reading the thread. 20 19.61%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

01-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #67
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Im down. email sent
      01-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #68
bimmermansfl
Captain

Drives: 2013 535i MSport

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Count me in.
      01-11-2008, 02:35 AM   #69
WAYNEBO
Captain

Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'd qualify... PM sent to you Shiv.
      01-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #70
scalbert
Major General

Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody

No intended offense to the many posting, but I see many who may feel they fit the bill but based on posts, are far from it. Just because you have logged with the PROcede does not mean you now understand what is occurring.

If this is to be successful and not just an opening to get maps sooner, please consider your true capability. Little things like knowing what your fuel trims are doing (and you should know what they are), ancillary items such as knowing manifold pressure or even better, being able to monitor A/F ratio (while not imperative, it is a bonus), are the types of tools which should be brought to the table.

If you have never tuned a vehicle (and I am not referring to installing an intake or exhaust, etc.) you might want to reconsider. You need to understand all of the components involved; if you do not understand the difference between the actual signals the CAS (or CPK depending on who you talk to) outputs versus the TMAP, you should reconsider.

Perhaps I over analyzed the requirements. But based on what I read and have read from many posts here, many who have responded fall short of meeting the specifications.
      01-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #71
Railgun
Major

Drives: FD, CBR600RR, R56 JCW

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Perhaps I over analyzed the requirements. But based on what I read and have read from many posts here, many who have responded fall short of meeting the specifications.
Until we all know exactly what he's looking for...
Railgun is offline   United Kingdom
      01-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #72
Driver72
Brigadier General

Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
No intended offense to the many posting, but I see many who may feel they fit the bill but based on posts, are far from it. Just because you have logged with the PROcede does not mean you now understand what is occurring.

If this is to be successful and not just an opening to get maps sooner, please consider your true capability. Little things like knowing what your fuel trims are doing (and you should know what they are), ancillary items such as knowing manifold pressure or even better, being able to monitor A/F ratio (while not imperative, it is a bonus), are the types of tools which should be brought to the table.

If you have never tuned a vehicle (and I am not referring to installing an intake or exhaust, etc.) you might want to reconsider. You need to understand all of the components involved; if you do not understand the difference between the actual signals the CAS (or CPK depending on who you talk to) outputs versus the TMAP, you should reconsider.

+1

I agree, I'd bet 1/2 of the people who responded to wanting to do it are more interested in just having the new maps sooner, getting more power sooner, and want to be a "cool, I want to have it first and be on the cutting edge" type.

As I said, I so do NOT qualify for this deal, and wouldn't pretend too.

I hope Shiv picks his choices based mostly on their technical knowledge of ECU tuning and overall car tuning.
      01-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #73
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
hey shiv

After the R & D test procedure is have been made, it is good for the general public. would there be any addition cost for us to upgrade? if there is an additional cost, how much would it be? Are you pushing for more whp ? how much would you be estimating it would be?
      01-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #74
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMWTECH View Post
I be willing to help - Im also a master tech for bmw so shiv if you need any info I have all the hook ups
hey hook me up with the oil cooler bro for my e90 sedan 2007
      01-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #75
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
I dont think hes looking for some "Im a wanna be tuner guy", but some guys who have some knowledge and some big ballz....

GL
      01-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #76
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Hi guys,
We got 60 or 70 emails in the last day. That is great. Unfortunately, we only need 20 or so people to test a new update/upgrade at a time. With a few exceptions, we are going to pick the first batch somewhat randomly. So please don't be offended if you don't picked this first time. This will be an ongoing thing so you're time will come

I'm currently setting up a mailing list for the Beta Group's maiden voyage. If you're in this first boat, you'll be getting an email with some news within the next couple of weeks.

But, by all means, keep the emails coming (as long as you fit what we are looking for). Read Scalberts post carefully as I think he hits it on the head. Big thanks to everyone!

Cheers,
shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States