E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Reports of a blown motor?

Closed Thread

01-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #67
canesr1
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 Metallic Black

You guys are all fools!!! He is telling the truth!!!! This ABSOLUTLY DID happen. I go to the same dealer and was informed about this by 2 separate employees there. But believe whatever you wish, it won't affect me either way.

E46- No one will believe you until it happens to their own car.
All you were doing was stating FACT! Let Mr. Shiv and his 'droids be, they will learn the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
+1 the poster's intentions are pretty apparent..and then he goes off on Shiv on that obviously biased rant. I'm sure he will run back to the "other" forum and complain bad we suck because we don't take his vague hearsay as gospel. (I need to thank lawdude for the ignore list suggestion)
canesr1 is offline   United_States
      01-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #68
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

There is always a risk when you modify a car - everyone know that. He even stated that it may or may not be related to a tune. The issue I have is that he tried (fairly poorly at that) to come off as an objective poster who was helping forum members out - when in reality he sounds like someone who has an issue with Shiv and is trying to disparage Shiv w/ vague comments about blown engines due to the Procede. I would respect him more if he just came out and said what he had to say instead of hiding behind innuendo...and his rant was over the top and showed his true colors.
fedinand is offline   United_States
      01-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #69
Railgun
Major

Drives: FD, CBR600RR, Frmr E92 335i :(

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Mods, please close this thread (sorry OP)
Don't have to apologize to me. I just wanted to know the straight scoop. I hate playing politics, and everyone it so intent on walking on egg shells, it's amazing any information is spread around here.

The intent of my thread was to gain knowledge on the issue at hand. I don't care what was in use other than the fact that something was in use. Everything does essentially the same thing...raise boost. You can argue that it was this product specifically that did it...whatever floats your boats. I'm not interested in a flame war. I just want to know what happened...how or why if available and what the end result was. End result in this case is new motor whether by warranty or out of pocket. Are there tell tale signs that something cause this, not just a natural occurance due to engine design? Did this accelerate an already known issue? I don't care who it is and what dealership they're at. I'm not interested in pointing a finger at anyone or anything. But fan boys will be fan boys and politics will never die...so that said, this thread is in an increasing downward spiral and the lack of information is apparently going to remain so...

Mods/admins...please kill the thread. Seems no one can have civilized conversations anymore.
Railgun is online now   United Kingdom
      01-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #70
sambonator
Samtaro!

Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Mods/admins...please kill the thread. Seems no one can have civilized conversations anymore.
+1... no humor here anymore either...
      01-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #71
RiXst3r

Drives: www.p3cars.com

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
      01-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #72
Park2670
General

Drives: 2014 CX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post

Ill have some too, im really enjoying this!
Park2670 is offline   United_States
      01-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #73
RiXst3r

Drives: www.p3cars.com

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post

Ill have some too, im really enjoying this!

01-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #74
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Of course there have been issues with overheating of cylinders. This was a known issue about the 5th and 6th cylinder due to poor engine design(in this regard only, other than that the N54 is a brilliant piece of work). The OP is correct in that the piggybacks just can't compensate some variables as the ECU has to be cracked to open up all variables for tuning. Some blown engines have been a result of money-shifting with or without piggyback, and others have resulted in plain overheating with or without piggyback. The piggybacks tend to increase engine stress and the heat placed upon the engine.

To be honest, I do not think shiv is trying to deceive, he probably really hasn't heard of any blown motors. What would be the point in calling up a company that does not offer a warranty and telling them their story? Also, it would be bad business for shiv if he were to know of any instances. Personally, the instances I have heard of were due to money-shifting, or putting an extreme amount of stress on the car by tracking w/ a piggyback as well as other modifications.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
rideelement247 is offline   United_States
Closed Thread