E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AFE Intake installation

01-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
urnuts
First Lieutenant

Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

AFE Intake installation

I know there had been discussion in the past about battery disconnection (?) before installing the AFE, as well as some stating that the instructions state this.
I'm installing mine now and noted that there is NO mention anywhere about anything regarding the battery.
In addition, the nutserts that are used to mount the MAF to the tube were not evenly installed, which meant that once the MAF was mounted there was no way to get the screws in without the possibility of cross-threading them. I tried anyway, hoping for the best, but ended up twisting one of the screws in half- with little pressure and a slotted screwdriver! Quality fasteners.
Naturally, I had to drill out the nutsert, retap both of them and that is now all set.
I guess my question is, did any of you guys that had AFE issues get them resolved?
I haven't been impressed with the quality or instructions of the kit, but we'll see how it goes. _
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter

Drives: Black E90

lol...so much negative energy

took me 15min to install mine without any problems, not sure why yours is so hard
Appreciate 0