E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I Got Pulled Over for 190 Last Night



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #23
hotsand5
hotsand5
 
hotsand5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6spd
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: chicago

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to hotsand5
kph maybe, otherwise pure bullshit...watch my vid doing 145mph and see how much straight road you need to hit just hit that, then add another 10-15 seconds going at that speed after that for just another 10mph to hit 155! The new C6 (2006) non-ZO6 corvette cannot pass 186mph and it has over 400hp! And at 190, the cop could not even catch you, becuase he has to be phsyically pointing the laser at you, unlike X,K, or KA, either out the window or standing out the car, then put the car in D and still not be able to pass 120 mph or so...or maybe....you just hit the magic button and wings popped out from the door and you took off...then you woke up. That's like a kid at work told me that his super moded Nissan sentra hit 190mph on I-94 in chicago, I cannot talk to him anymore. Sorry to be so harsh man, but I guess that we take performance and actual abilities more seriously than say, a honda board where the members are younger. No need to make stuff up to look cool, you already are, you have an E90...I think.
__________________
-2006 BMW 330i-Sapphire Black- Tera Leather-Aluminum trim- 6spd manual- Sport- Premium- Cold- Navigation- Euro. delivery

-2005 Yamaha Warrior 1700 102cu"
hotsand5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #24
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5
kph maybe, otherwise pure bullshit...watch my vid doing 145mph and see how much straight road you need to hit just hit that, then add another 10-15 seconds going at that speed after that for just another 10mph to hit 155! The new C6 (2006) non-ZO6 corvette cannot pass 186mph and it has over 400hp! And at 190, the cop could not even catch you, becuase he has to be phsyically pointing the laser at you, unlike X,K, or KA, either out the window or standing out the car, then put the car in D and still not be able to pass 120 mph or so...or maybe....you just hit the magic button and wings popped out from the door and you took off...then you woke up. That's like a kid at work told me that his super moded Nissan sentra hit 190mph on I-94 in chicago, I cannot talk to him anymore. Sorry to be so harsh man, but I guess that we take performance and actual abilities more seriously than say, a honda board where the members are younger. No need to make stuff up to look cool, you already are, you have an E90...I think.
Sound of Speed has a 850rwhp Z3 coupe.
shimshimhada is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #25
hotsand5
hotsand5
 
hotsand5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6spd
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: chicago

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to hotsand5
hmm...I didn't see that you were not driving an e90, but another car...what car is that? what mods? If that is so, then I retract my previous post and appoligize
__________________
-2006 BMW 330i-Sapphire Black- Tera Leather-Aluminum trim- 6spd manual- Sport- Premium- Cold- Navigation- Euro. delivery

-2005 Yamaha Warrior 1700 102cu"
hotsand5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
 
Sound Of Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Sound Of Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5
hmm...I didn't see that you were not driving an e90, but another car...what car is that? what mods? If that is so, then I retract my previous post and appoligize
BMW Z3 Coupe.

Not exactly stock.
__________________
Sound Of Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #27
vladinecko
Brigadier General
 
vladinecko's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 3,904
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Inewbie
Let me guess, you're a girl, and an attractive one at that.
look at his signature, he's the dude in that clownshoe...far from an attractive blonde
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
vladinecko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #28
m666
New Member
 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cali

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

SOS, where did they light you up in socal? I gotta avoid that road.

Ever thought of getting a laser jammer? The fine for getting caught with it is only 100 bucks, better then jail.
m666 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #29
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

he would have needed to put a new rear end in the car to reach that speed (which I doubt he did) redline in 5th comes at a much lower speed than that
ward is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #30
sdorn
Lieutenant
 
sdorn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 491
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
he would have needed to put a new rear end in the car to reach that speed (which I doubt he did) redline in 5th comes at a much lower speed than that
If he is really putting down 850rwhp, he probably has rebuilt the rear end, put in a different final drive ratio, and probably a different transmission as well. I have done all of those things to my Mustang and it only has around 450rwhp.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
sdorn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #31
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

I saw the other post, a 2.8 with a supercharger

Unless there's some serious stuff that wasn't mentioned he's more likely in the 300-400 range maximum (even with big boost)
ward is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #32
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
 
Sound Of Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Sound Of Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
he would have needed to put a new rear end in the car to reach that speed (which I doubt he did) redline in 5th comes at a much lower speed than that
Uhhh.... I wouldn't do all that to the motor and not touch anything else...
__________________
Sound Of Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #33
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
 
Sound Of Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Sound Of Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by m666
SOS, where did they light you up in socal? I gotta avoid that road.

Ever thought of getting a laser jammer? The fine for getting caught with it is only 100 bucks, better then jail.
On the 2 South
__________________
Sound Of Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #34
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
 
Sound Of Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Sound Of Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
If he is really putting down 850rwhp, he probably has rebuilt the rear end, put in a different final drive ratio, and probably a different transmission as well. I have done all of those things to my Mustang and it only has around 450rwhp.
<3
__________________
Sound Of Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #35
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
 
Sound Of Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Sound Of Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
he would have needed to put a new rear end in the car to reach that speed (which I doubt he did) redline in 5th comes at a much lower speed than that
Stock the car was geared for a tad over 155mph on a 3.15 LSD.

Stock.
__________________
Sound Of Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #36
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Speed
You think so huh?


Check my other thread
uhhh. you could've said you have a Z4 with forced induction.

damn you. why you gotta make me envy you? :mad:

what kind of power are you pushing? 1/4mile times? ANY VIDS!! LET US HEAR THAT BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST