E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: Hudson Leader departed 1/16/08



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Vessel: Hudson Leader departed 1/16/08

Well, somebody's gotta start the thread.

So, who else here is on this ship going to Florida and California?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Sales@ESS
United_States
13
Rep
394
Posts

 
Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Global

iTrader: (0)

My friend's 335i is on it. I don't think he posts here... yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
MontegoE92
Private First Class
MontegoE92's Avatar
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelPhx View Post
My friend's 335i is on it. I don't think he posts here... yet.
Woohoo! I'm here. Looks like the Hudson Leader is hitting Jacksonville, FL on Jan. 27th and then to Port Hueneme by Feb. 11th.
But they may be delayed a day or two due to some bad weather.

Who else is going crazy with this wait!?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
mrvuml
Lieutenant
mrvuml's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i w/ZSP
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SLO, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Me too.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
MG67
B'Fest
MG67's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Cv - 325iT - GT3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

My 328i Cv is also on the Hudson Leader, I hope the bad weather will not damage any cars on board like the one in Jersey...

I dropped my car off in Frankfurt on 12/28...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoE92 View Post
Woohoo! I'm here. Looks like the Hudson Leader is hitting Jacksonville, FL on Jan. 27th and then to Port Hueneme by Feb. 11th.
But they may be delayed a day or two due to some bad weather.

Who else is going crazy with this wait!?
AAAAH! Don't tell me about bad weather!

I don't need anything else to obsess about...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 02:16 AM   #7
fuzzy123
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
236
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Im on it as well. HURRY UP!@!@! Anyone got a link to the tracker where it shows it in google maps
__________________
GIAC Stage 1 Flash| Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Bootlid | KW Variant 2 | RPI Scoops | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race | Synapse BOV | 35% Tint | Aero Lip | 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs | PIAA Angel Eyes | Clear Bra | RR Catch Can
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
MontegoE92
Private First Class
MontegoE92's Avatar
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy123 View Post
Im on it as well. HURRY UP!@!@! Anyone got a link to the tracker where it shows it in google maps
I don't think there really is a way to track the NYK ships. The only way is to keep checking the port websites and see when the arrival is scheduled. I checked the Jacksonville Port, but they only list arrivals 24 hours out. Anyone else know a way to track it?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
appledude
New Member
appledude's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 335i 4dr Monaco Blue w Grey
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
On Hudson Leader too...

My 335i Monaco Blue / Grey / Walnut / ZPP / ZSP / + is on the Hudson Leader too. Sadly, unlike a bunch of people here I did not do ED so I have never seen my baby in person and I am totally going waiting.

Glad to hear that "Our ship of dream(s)" is due in Jacksonville tomorrow (1/27/08) Then on to the canal and finally SD.

I plan on tracking on the AIS site referenced on the ship tracking thread sometime around Feb 1. Happy to post what I learn there here.

(I am using Mike A. @ Stevens Creek BMW and have been VERY pleased to date. Got a call that they expect the car to be ready for delivery ~2/15)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
fuzzy123
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
236
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Once the car arrives at port, how long does it normally take to be ready for pickup. Also, my car needs an I drive update, should I tell them before my car comes in?
__________________
GIAC Stage 1 Flash| Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Bootlid | KW Variant 2 | RPI Scoops | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race | Synapse BOV | 35% Tint | Aero Lip | 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs | PIAA Angel Eyes | Clear Bra | RR Catch Can
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
MontegoE92
Private First Class
MontegoE92's Avatar
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

The ship will stop in Jacksonville, FL tomorrow the 28th according to the Port of Jacksonville's website.

http://www.jaxport.com/sea/vessels.cfm
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
fastjon
DUI Guru
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 328xiT Barbara Red Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Rosa CA

iTrader: (0)

I'm on the Hudson Leader as well! ED with drop off on 11/30 - yes, it has been quite some time since I drove my baby - dropped off in Nice which contributed to the delay. I used Peter at Sonnen in San Rafael.

My car is a 328xi SW, Barbara Metallic Red, premium pkg., sports pkg. Beige Dakota leather, steptronic, Xenon, 17" performance tires.

ED was Thanksgiving Day and a thousand miles later dropped in Nice 11/30.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #13
MontegoE92
Private First Class
MontegoE92's Avatar
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Couple weeks out!! Who's ready!?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
fuzzy123
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
236
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
__________________
GIAC Stage 1 Flash| Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Bootlid | KW Variant 2 | RPI Scoops | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race | Synapse BOV | 35% Tint | Aero Lip | 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs | PIAA Angel Eyes | Clear Bra | RR Catch Can
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #15
appledude
New Member
appledude's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 335i 4dr Monaco Blue w Grey
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledude View Post
My 335i Monaco Blue / Grey / Walnut / ZPP / ZSP / + is on the Hudson Leader too. Sadly, unlike a bunch of people here I did not do ED so I have never seen my baby in person and I am totally going waiting.

Glad to hear that "Our ship of dream(s)" is due in Jacksonville tomorrow (1/27/08) Then on to the canal and finally SD.

I plan on tracking on the AIS site referenced on the ship tracking thread sometime around Feb 1. Happy to post what I learn there here.

(I am using Mike A. @ Stevens Creek BMW and have been VERY pleased to date. Got a call that they expect the car to be ready for delivery ~2/15)
My dealer just gave me a tentative ready date of 2/19. I hope its closer to your date - start of a 3 day weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
fastjon
DUI Guru
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 328xiT Barbara Red Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Rosa CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
My dealer just gave me a tentative ready date of 2/19. I hope its closer to your date - start of a 3 day weekend.
Not wanting to rain on the parade here, because I've certainly waited long enough (11/30 drop-off). My more pessimistic representative (Sonnen in San Rafael) gave me this note:

Looks like the vessel will arrive the 12th [meaning Port Hueneme] (under normal weather) and due to the Euro origin the customs may take a bit longer than straight US deliveries...Should not take more than 10-15 days past the arrival of the car.

Interpreting this I should get my car between the 22nd and the 27th - I am resigned to getting it by March 1
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #18
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjon View Post
Not wanting to rain on the parade here, because I've certainly waited long enough (11/30 drop-off). My more pessimistic representative (Sonnen in San Rafael) gave me this note:

Looks like the vessel will arrive the 12th [meaning Port Hueneme] (under normal weather) and due to the Euro origin the customs may take a bit longer than straight US deliveries...Should not take more than 10-15 days past the arrival of the car.

Interpreting this I should get my car between the 22nd and the 27th - I am resigned to getting it by March 1
My guy also said it gets to port about the 12th but I don't get the comment about the "Euro origin". Obviously, most of the BMW's come from Germany and I haven't seen any comments about this particular delay on any other threads. Let's hope your rep is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
fastjon
DUI Guru
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 328xiT Barbara Red Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Rosa CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
My guy also said it gets to port about the 12th but I don't get the comment about the "Euro origin". Obviously, most of the BMW's come from Germany and I haven't seen any comments about this particular delay on any other threads. Let's hope your rep is wrong.
What he's talking about is Euro Delivery. He's intimating that if you do the ED then it will take longer to pass customs vs. if you simply ordered a new car from a dealer. It makes sense to me; I drove it and I had the opportunity to stash stuff in it...so, take more time looking through the car for my "stuff."
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjon View Post
What he's talking about is Euro Delivery. He's intimating that if you do the ED then it will take longer to pass customs vs. if you simply ordered a new car from a dealer. It makes sense to me; I drove it and I had the opportunity to stash stuff in it...so, take more time looking through the car for my "stuff."
Ok, that makes sense...but not my problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
MontegoE92
Private First Class
MontegoE92's Avatar
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Looks like the 11th to me!

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...0201102506.pdf
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #22
fastjon
DUI Guru
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 328xiT Barbara Red Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Rosa CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoE92 View Post
OK, and they've updated that page recently, but, the Port of San Diego says it gets there on the 12th? Either way, we're getting closer! - at the rate of 24km/hr...

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST