E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installed MSDS stage 1 intake!!

01-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #67
deck
500whp or bust!

Drives: 2007 AW 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck Send a message via Skype™ to deck
geez, does O-cha ever stop?

deck is offline   United_States
      01-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #68
O-cha
Brigadier General

Drives: Mcoupe

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
The design isnt bunk, your thought process is. Yes the increased depth was done for a reason, to not block the radiator like some other FMIC's do. Make a better core design using W.A.V.E. technology and increase depth to not block our radiators from getting air still sounds like a better design than all of the other ones out there.
You know, I guess all those turbo diesels out there that have really huge intercoolers, about one to two inches think, but with a HUGE frontal face got it wrong.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that the COMPLETELY COVER THE RADIATOR, I'm not kidding, completely and totally 100% cover up the front of the radiator.

GET A CLUE.
      01-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #69
jpsimon
Team Zissou

Drives: 335xi Coupe 6MT

Does anyone on either side of this argument actually have any evidence to really support their argument? This discussion is 100% retarded unless we see both FMICs tested on the same dyno on the same day (preferably on the same car).

Until then, this is going to continue to be a shit storm of banter that has no conclusion what-so-ever.
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing / PROcede+OpenFlash, PWM meth + ADVAN in-boot meth tank, Vargas S2 Turbos, AMS fmic, catless (ur+ae), SPEC clutch/flywheel, KW V3 coilovers, thule flat-top 6 ski rack, etc etc etc...

jpsimon is offline   United_States
      01-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #70
O-cha
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Does anyone on either side of this argument actually have any evidence to really support their argument? This discussion is 100% retarded unless we see both FMICs tested on the same dyno on the same day (preferably on the same car).

Until then, this is going to continue to be a shit storm of banter that has no conclusion what-so-ever.
Never happened, the only thing you can rely on for comparison is basic intercooler design.
      01-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #71
jpsimon
Team Zissou

Drives: 335xi Coupe 6MT

Yeah but theory only goes so far... i want to see hard evidence to back one or the other. We need a FMIC dyno day
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing / PROcede+OpenFlash, PWM meth + ADVAN in-boot meth tank, Vargas S2 Turbos, AMS fmic, catless (ur+ae), SPEC clutch/flywheel, KW V3 coilovers, thule flat-top 6 ski rack, etc etc etc...

jpsimon is offline   United_States
      01-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #72
O-cha
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Yeah but theory only goes so far... i want to see hard evidence to back one or the other. We need a FMIC dyno day
Agreed, ask down4it I'm sure he would be in.
      01-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #73
michsu
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 335i e90

after that I can go get one haha, almost bought everything else, and my car doesn't even have a license plate yet.. you guys make me spend too much... thinking about some bulbs now.. but that's for another topic.. don't want to mess up this one.. well maybe I will =)

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=161

is it any good? with the Lux 5.0 it should like nice... are the bulbs for the Xenon HID 'D1S'? Just wanted to make sure before I buy...
      01-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #74
down4it
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
You know, I guess all those turbo diesels out there that have really huge intercoolers, about one to two inches think, but with a HUGE frontal face got it wrong.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that the COMPLETELY COVER THE RADIATOR, I'm not kidding, completely and totally 100% cover up the front of the radiator.

GET A CLUE.
Dumb answer again.

You want the turbo diesel engine oil/water temps to be warmer so you get a cleaner, more complete combustion. This can actually bring exhaust gas temperatures DOWN. Diesel ignites from heat of compression. The idea is to compress the air charge to build enough heat to light the fuel, but if it's fighting against a low engine heat, the fuel will ignite, but not as complete as if the cylinders were just a bit warmer. The more complete the combustion, the cooler the exhaust temperatures.

This is why they sell thermostats for diesel cars to open up at hotter temps and not at cooler temps like gasoline cars.

Do you have a 335D? Is that why you brought up the FMIC blocking the radiator to ramp up water temps in the diesel cause then for once today you would make some sense. If not then you're not making any sense, our gasoline burning 335i's need the water temps to stay cooler not hotter, anything in front of the radiator will bring temps up.
down4it is offline   United_States
      01-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #75
O-cha
Brigadier General

You missed the point, and turbo diesels still have to be cooled, so when that time comes if it was a problem to cover the radiator, well it would be a problem.

But it's not.

Covering part of the radiator just wont have an effect, you're talking about a radiator that is over 200 degrees.
      01-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #76
down4it
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post

You missed the point, and turbo diesels still have to be cooled, so when that time comes if it was a problem to cover the radiator, well it would be a problem.

But it's not.

Covering part of the radiator just wont have an effect, you're talking about a radiator that is over 200 degrees.
Agree to disagree...
down4it is offline   United_States
      02-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #77
alpine335
Alpine335

Drives: Alpine white 335, Red Interior

I always thought the spearco gave more power and h.p. but no one can really know for a fact untill we have dynos for each one...