E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > World without mass religion

02-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #617
Carolyn0944
Private First Class

Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Yep, real nice guy.

Mathew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom (Jews) shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mathew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Mathew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
You hv quoted 3 scriptures here that need to be read with the total chapter; not just one verse. Each one of these scriptures refers not to "children" in the "kid" sense but children of God. In each case, God's people had refused to accept Christ as the Messiah; therefore, He admonishes them by telling them there would be repercussions for not believing (or having faith). His own people had rejected Him for years.
Carolyn0944 is offline   United_States
      02-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #618
HEY32G
Lieutenant

Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
In time all will know the truth, that I am certain of.

The word Christian is so diluted these days. Who among these people believe Christ is their Lord and Savior? What is it to be Christian? These are the questions I hear most.

Flame me if you wish, but I am a born again Christian - that means I have accepted Christ as my savior, that He died for my sins and that He was raised from the dead and will return again. I don't just believe, I know it to be true. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Am I perfect? no. Am I a sinner? definitly. Can I do good works to cover my sins? no. How then am I saved? By the blood of Christ who died for all of us that we should have ever lasting life. Why would He do such a thing? Because He first loved us.

I don't care what people say, the Bible is the living word of God. I would hope that more would come to Christ, but I can't make you or anyone else - All are saved by the grace of God and not by the works of man. There's nothing I could do to save myself from what I deserve, only Christ Jesus can - and He deserves all the glory. Do I struggle with sin everyday? You bet I do.

Do I take offense to your post and that you're an athiest, no. But I hope that one day you understand what I know to be true. It is up to you to accept Him or not.

I'm a regular guy, trying to make my way in the world...i'm no better than anyone else. If you ever hear a Christian judge you or show contempt for you...they are in the wrong. I am not judging you, you are free to believe what you will. It is your choice and I have nothing against you.

guess that was long, but its my 2 cents in this thread.
That was great. You expressed my feelings exactly!

HEY32G is offline   United_States
      02-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #619
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

In time all will know the truth, that I am certain of.

The word Christian is so diluted these days. Who among these people believe Christ is their Lord and Savior? What is it to be Christian? These are the questions I hear most.

Flame me if you wish, but I am a born again Christian - that means I have accepted Christ as my savior, that He died for my sins and that He was raised from the dead and will return again. I don't just believe, I know it to be true. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Am I perfect? no. Am I a sinner? definitly. Can I do good works to cover my sins? no. How then am I saved? By the blood of Christ who died for all of us that we should have ever lasting life. Why would He do such a thing? Because He first loved us.

I don't care what people say, the Bible is the living word of God. I would hope that more would come to Christ, but I can't make you or anyone else - All are saved by the grace of God and not by the works of man. There's nothing I could do to save myself from what I deserve, only Christ Jesus can - and He deserves all the glory. Do I struggle with sin everyday? You bet I do.

Do I take offense to your post and that you're an athiest, no. But I hope that one day you understand what I know to be true. It is up to you to accept Him or not.

I'm a regular guy, trying to make my way in the world...i'm no better than anyone else. If you ever hear a Christian judge you or show contempt for you...they are in the wrong. I am not judging you, you are free to believe what you will. It is your choice and I have nothing against you.

guess that was long, but its my 2 cents in this thread.

This is very worrying. Scary.
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States