E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Question re: ED collection date

02-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Zundfolge
Zundfolge
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi, 1971 2002

Question re: ED collection date

Noob on the board. Just ordered my Crimson E90 335Xi 6MT for European Delivery, got my production number and collection date, and I am making my travel plans. My question is how solid that date?

I ask because when booking on Lufthansa, the rep justified the $300+ difference in price for the 2:1 ticket over their standard fare (single ticket) because it is changable and refundable. She really hammered on the point that the collection date may be changed and might be stuck with a non-refundable ticket. I realize that anything can happen, but the E90/335 has been rolling out for some time now, so production delays seems kind of unlikely. Has anyone else had their pick up date changed?

Thanks
      02-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
328Vert_Jim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: E93 328i

Don't have an answer to your direct question but don't let the airline spook you too much about non-refundable tickets. They ARE non-refundable BUT they ARE changeable. It may cost you some ($100 or so probably) but you can change the ticket as long as you do it before the departure of the flight that the ticket is for.
Appreciate 0