E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > -=Politics of car pricing in USA=-

02-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
stanislav
Private

Drives: E93 335

-=Politics of car pricing in USA=-

Im selling cars from US in my country. I have some dealers, they search cars which I need than send me invoce and send it to German port. Politics of pricing - higher than MSRP if car is unsual or have rare options, like ML on 3 Premium Packet, or MB S550 designo edition. For some cars are lower, for Q7, Lexus ES/RX and so on.. But when I look at car price on Ebay, Im a bit confused.. CL63 AMG - 20000$ below MSRP! ML 63 AMG - 5000$ or 8000$ lower MSRP! Is that real price for that cars? Dealers put 1k or 2k higher MSRP for that cars (their explaination-car is unique, and original dealer (not them) want more for it) So people who work with me are second-hand dealer. How it can be so much lower msrp (its new, not used)? If somebody can explain situation of car market in US, please help. Thanks
      02-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Seth_Horwitz
Tired of feather footed //M drivers

Drives: 330ci, 911 Turbo X50

1) You are correct in that the prices for the cars are lower in the U.S.
2) If you import a car from the U.S. to the Ukraine, no manufacturer will carry over a warranty.

If the savings are big enough after all of the taxes and costs to import, you still need to question whether they are sufficient enough to make up for the lack of a warranty. I used to ship Hummer H1s and some Benzes to Russia in the late 1990s, so people there obviously thought it was worthwhile. You need to make that decision for yourself.
      02-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
stanislav
Private

Drives: E93 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Horwitz View Post
1) You are correct in that the prices for the cars are lower in the U.S.
2) If you import a car from the U.S. to the Ukraine, no manufacturer will carry over a warranty.

If the savings are big enough after all of the taxes and costs to import, you still need to question whether they are sufficient enough to make up for the lack of a warranty. I used to ship Hummer H1s and some Benzes to Russia in the late 1990s, so people there obviously thought it was worthwhile. You need to make that decision for yourself.
No-no, Im not thinking to do it. Im doing it for a year, and its very good business. No warranty its not a problem. Usually all people need to pay for all stuff at service themselfes even if car has a warranty (official dealers like make thing against you-most of problems not warranty, or prices are 2 times higher if I go and buy same detail in no-official dealer) And usually thereis 20-30% differences in price US/EU car at official dealer. I mean prices are really higher msrp? For example LX570? They are already producing, are there a lot of them on your streets? We took 2 LX, price msrp+10k. I cant check if the situation is realy like this..