E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Titek Innovations - NEW RELEASE - 335i 3" CATLESS DOWNPIPES!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #23
down4it
Banned
United_States
35
Rep
1,743
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
+1. Not to mention the smell and the black smoke.
You guys have no idea what you are talking about.... I run catless DP's and a catback exhaust, it sounds great and there is no smoke... Your shits weak son!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 05:26 AM   #24
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
You guys have no idea what you are talking about.... I run catless DP's and a catback exhaust, it sounds great and there is no smoke... Your shits weak son!



Anyways, I want to hear the answer to Mantis's question. Is it tapered somewhere or all 3"?
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #25
edzilla
First Lieutenant
13
Rep
362
Posts

 
Drives: 03 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (6)

The downpipes reduces down towards the mid-pipe to match the flange, it has to be done that way.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #26
M3to335
Whats that smell?
M3to335's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,701
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, m435
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Your basement

iTrader: (5)

Im confused...

Whats the advantage of multiple choppy sections with welding vs. one continuous flowing pipe?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #27
Tonester
Banned
United_States
12
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: LSB M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Tonester
Tight radius bend that no mandrel bender can do.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #28
Tonester
Banned
United_States
12
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: LSB M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Tonester
Where are the videos? I heard the car in person w/ the DP's installed... SO SIICCCCCK.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #29
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
1clean335i's Avatar
Vietnam
154
Rep
6,754
Posts

 
Drives: Project Estoril
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (30)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
Where are the videos? I heard the car in person w/ the DP's installed... SO SIICCCCCK.
You should have taken some video if you heard them already!!!!
__________________
'13 Estoril Blue 335i M-sport
*Don't PM me!* Message me here- http://www.facebook.com/ProjectEstoril
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #30
BoostedBMW
Moderator
BoostedBMW's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
6,787
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Its nice to have another downpipe option.

So, are electronic o2 sims the only option that we have right now to avoid a CEL? It would be so much better if we could get a mechanical fix this way bringing the car in for service without any ECU mods could be done.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #31
Amir87
Gruppe Titan
Amir87's Avatar
Pakistan
64
Rep
2,839
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 SG/Coral
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (37)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Its nice to have another downpipe option.

So, are electronic o2 sims the only option that we have right now to avoid a CEL? It would be so much better if we could get a mechanical fix this way bringing the car in for service without any ECU mods could be done.
+1

This is the sole reason I don't want to get catless unless there's a mechanical fix for it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #32
ni66ale
Lieutenant
7
Rep
485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i alpine white,sports,auto
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: socal

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ni66ale
how would these compare to RR and UR? im interested in purchasing one of these DP soon but dont know what to choose.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #33
Sparky66
Major
Sparky66's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
1,232
Posts

 
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
I say go all out and get a flex joint in there like OEM pipes do and do a high flow cat version as well.
I agree with Chowbow about the flex joint. It's still early days to comment but long term use and reliability of any aftermarket DP's is very, very questionable. Only one aftermarket DP manufacturer, called Supersprint Exhausts, have provided a flex joint at this stage.
Since DP's carry the hottest exhaust stream in all the system, it's natural that there will be a lot of metal expansion and contraction going on in there! Welded joints to flanges and pipe joints will need to stand up to long term heat induced movement in this part of the exhaust system.
Having flex joints in each DP is a no brainer and could help alleviate any undue metal stress inflicted cracks or weld failures to the downpipes.
If you think downpipes don't move at all, you are fooling yourself. BMW's engineers knew better and thats why factory DP's have flex joints.
Something to think about.







.
__________________
Sticky is an Idiot

Last edited by Sparky66; 02-26-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #34
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Mr. 5's Avatar
Scotland
269
Rep
8,626
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Thanks for uploading those!


Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
attached for those at work.

It looks great. Just too bad they aren't planning on making a catted version
Attachment 130389
Attachment 130390
Attachment 130391
Attachment 130392
Attachment 130393
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #35
XLR8MF
Captain
XLR8MF's Avatar
9
Rep
631
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan 2008
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mesa

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir87 View Post
+1

This is the sole reason I don't want to get catless unless there's a mechanical fix for it.
If you have an 2008 the sensors are crazy sensitive and mini cats or extenders will not work. I do not see a mechanical fix for this anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #36
Tonester
Banned
United_States
12
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: LSB M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Tonester
HERE IT IS...

I took this vid the other day when I was down @ SP... gotta here it in person sounds really nice.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #37
Biturbo335i
First Lieutenant
Biturbo335i's Avatar
6
Rep
358
Posts

 
Drives: AW/Coral E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Sounds Awesome With The Hks!!
__________________
2007 E92 335i - Alpine White, Coral, 6 Speed MT, Premium, Sport, Painted Reflectors, GT thunder Angel Eyes, M-Tec Fogs, Cyba CF Kidney Grills, Black OEM Lower Mesh, OEM Aero-Lip, 19" Staggered Matte Black VMR CSL Reps, General Exclaims - 235 Front and 265 Rear, Black Window Trim, BMS Dual Filter Intake, Britalman Catback Exhaust, CF Mirrors, CF M3 trunk lip, 5% Tint, Lamin-X Tinted Tails, Split Second Turbo Tuner.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
Chowbow
pew pew
80
Rep
6,736
Posts

 
Drives: 三三五i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
I agree with Chowbow about the flex joint. It's still early days to comment but long term use and reliability of any aftermarket DP's is very, very questionable. Only one aftermarket DP manufacturer, called Supersprint Exhausts, have provided a flex joint at this stage.
Since DP's carry the hottest exhaust stream in all the system, it's natural that there will be a lot of metal expansion and contraction going on in there! Welded joints to flanges and pipe joints will need to stand up to long term heat induced movement in this part of the exhaust system.
Having flex joints in each DP is a no brainer and could help alleviate any undue metal stress inflicted cracks or weld failures to the downpipes.
If you think downpipes don't move at all, you are fooling yourself. BMW's engineers knew better and thats why factory DP's have flex joints.
Something to think about.
Some of the flex can be absorbed by the exhaust hangers, but I think the flex joints will help with tolerance issues too. Heat expansion, a slightly misaligned welding joint (and there are tons of many DPs) can easily be taken care of with a flex joint somewhere in the system. DPs definitely move around... Pop your hood and rev the motor and you'll see the whole thing flexing around on the motor mounts.
__________________
CSL replicas are now CSL counterfeits. Jesus saves, like Valentine1.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #39
My E90
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 6MT SSII
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Floorida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
If you have an 2008 the sensors are crazy sensitive and mini cats or extenders will not work. I do not see a mechanical fix for this anytime soon.
Here's an idea... Companies should be responsible and only make DPs with high-flow cats! I'm glad people are having trouble when they run an (essentially) open exhaust with zero devices to clean up the air. It's very frustrating to see more and more companies promoting cat-less DPs while we're having all kinds of problems with the environment. Then they 'think' about making a high-flow cat version.

Sorry, i just needed to rant. <flame suit on>
__________________
'13 M3 E92 SSII | 6MT | ZCP | ZPP | EPS | NAV | MPE | ED & PCD
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #40
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81
Rep
6,608
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
Here's an idea... Companies should be responsible and only make DPs with high-flow cats! I'm glad people are having trouble when they run an (essentially) open exhaust with zero devices to clean up the air. It's very frustrating to see more and more companies promoting cat-less DPs while we're having all kinds of problems with the environment. Then they 'think' about making a high-flow cat version.

Sorry, i just needed to rant. <flame suit on>
errrr..... Do you realize you live in America? The market demands catless DP's so companies will make them, regardless of the consequences.
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #41
Acap14
Droppin Bombs N Makin Moms
Acap14's Avatar
2
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jerzee/NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Acap14
Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
Here's an idea... Companies should be responsible and only make DPs with high-flow cats! I'm glad people are having trouble when they run an (essentially) open exhaust with zero devices to clean up the air. It's very frustrating to see more and more companies promoting cat-less DPs while we're having all kinds of problems with the environment. Then they 'think' about making a high-flow cat version.

Sorry, i just needed to rant. <flame suit on>
Do alot of tree hugging, i see. Even if everyone running open exhausts were to put cats in it really wouldnt make an earth saving difference, look at the dinosaurs, they didnt run open exhausts and they're not here anymore. We all share the same fate, so while i'm here im gonna enjoy extracting as many ponies from my bimmer as possible, and that means catless. I'm waiting for someone to make dumps so i can run open dp's when im racing and switch back to stock exhaust for everything else.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #42
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81
Rep
6,608
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acap14 View Post
Do alot of tree hugging, i see. Even if everyone running open exhausts were to put cats in it really wouldnt make an earth saving difference, look at the dinosaurs, they didnt run open exhausts and they're not here anymore. We all share the same fate, so while i'm here im gonna enjoy extracting as many ponies from my bimmer as possible, and that means catless. I'm waiting for someone to make dumps so i can run open dp's when im racing and switch back to stock exhaust for everything else.
They already make generic cutouts if you wanna do that, but you have to bolt them back up when you are done....
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #43
Acap14
Droppin Bombs N Makin Moms
Acap14's Avatar
2
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jerzee/NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Acap14
could you post a link?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #44
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81
Rep
6,608
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acap14 View Post
could you post a link?
Just search for 2.25" or 2.5" cutouts in google. They are made for chevys and fords all the time....
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST