E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan new products: suspension and flywheel

02-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #23
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Well, I don't know if you can technically call it aftermarket since it's just a lightened (I'm guessing they just machine some mass off it?) STOCK flywheel.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO dinan never just shaved a product down and calls it a day!!!! if they did products would fail and they would be replacing tons!!! if you look at the custom milling, forging, molding they do it's insane!!! there R&D is nothing short of superb!!!!!the dry sump for the z8 they made looks like it belongs in a museum not in a car and it performs just as well as it looks!!! i know the price is nuts for the flywheel..but currently i don't see another one out there and one with a warranty is a whole different story...if that part goes they are gonna have to pay thousands to replace what bmw obviously will not cover...but dinan as a whole has such a low product fail rate it's insane!!! they make QUALITY products!!!! and have quality backing from brembo, koni, and i believe still bilstein among others...the warranty is what drives these products through the roof!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #24
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep

Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
I can't wait till there are more options for flywheels. It was the best mod i did for my e36m3 and my RX-7. They are god on turbo cars. A spung hub design should not rattle. UUC make a really nice setup. Hope they are on board with one!
Appreciate 0