E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Changed the high beam and fog light bulbs

03-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
san~man
Tired
Rep

Drives: BMW-less

Changed the high beam and fog light bulbs

I can only recall one thread that dealt with changing the high beam/DRL bulbs in an e90, so I tried to do it without removing the headlight. Unless you're very small boned and have a really skinny head, you can't see inside the area where the high beam bulb sits because you just can't get your head far enough inside the fenderwell to see the bulb. At least I couldn't. That forces you to remove the bumper and then the headlight, and let me tell you it was not a pleasant experience.

You have to take off the bumper--there's absolutely no way around it. If you try to take off the headlight only, there are two hidden torx bolts that are right behind the bumper next to the kidney grills. Taking off the bumper isn't necessarily hard, it's just time consuming, especially when done by yourself, at dusk

The fogs are easy, but you have to remove the fender liner to access the lights. No way around that either. That means taking the wheels off too, but that also means it's a good time to clean the back of your rims

No pics, just got done and it's dark here and I'm tired now.

FWIW, I installed Luminics 6k bulbs in each.