E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > De-badging / Emblem Removal



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #111
Dave C. '06 330i
Private
 
Drives: Saphire Black 330i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Florida

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
It doesnt matter how much i make, its about how well i save.. I read a lot of posts in the forums regarding the young owners for bmw's and most said they were paying.. Maybe i was misinformed. However, in general im sure most kids parents pay for their car.. i got my first car paid for... But i was also 15.

If you're blowing your money on high ticket items like a BMW, I'm doubt you save very well. What kind of jobs have you had since you got out of college (yesterday) that allowed you to save >$30K?

Of course if you're living at home and not paying any rent then it's the same....either way you're helped. But someone who would save every cent is not someone who would finally blow it on a new BMW.

-Dave C. '06 330i
Dave C. '06 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #112
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
So we went from a debadging topic, to my personal life now...
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #113
Dave C. '06 330i
Private
 
Drives: Saphire Black 330i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Florida

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
So we went from a debadging topic, to my personal life now...

No... nothing personal. I was just startled that you were able to save that kind of cash through your teenage years. But it's hard to believe someone can save that much money just to dump it. For the average person it would take years to save that kind of cash. If someone were to do that, the last thing they would want to do it just dump it on a new car.

But I see you want to deflect the topic so that's enough for me. You should write a book on how to save, however...because you're apparently an expert.

-Dave C. '06 330i
Dave C. '06 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #114
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Why can't we all get along.........hahahaha!
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #115
coco
Second Lieutenant
 
coco's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmmer
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas

Posts: 284
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Why can't we all get along.........hahahaha!
Word, I'm with natureboy. Mr. T says all you fools should get along!

Seriously tho, who cares about debading.. it's a personal thing. And who cares how much money or how someone saved up, what's that got to do with debadging? jeez it's the difference between having a badge on or not having a badge on. personal preference. end of story.
coco is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #116
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Why do you assume i saved $35K CASH... there is something called financing. I didnt pay all at once and i did put money down, trade..etc. I wasnt offended by what you said (im sorry if i came across this way) - i was just correcting you cause no matter what its logical to stereotype young people. It was my decision to buy the car (i have admired bmw for a long time) and i thought this was the right time for me cause i am young, not married, no kids..etc. If you dont agree with the way i spent my money, thats your opinion, but your not my father, no need to be lectured..
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #117
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Why can't we all get along.........hahahaha!

Haha i agree, trust me.. just trying to save my ass along the way...
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #118
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
 
cosmosblau's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 BMW 535i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA

Posts: 369
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
People who are incompetent....debadged their vehicles.

No harm intended.............

?

What could this mean?
__________________
2013 328i Alpine White Black Leather Sport Line Premium Pkg SprintBooster
cosmosblau is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #119
matrix
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

This is got to be one of the most entertaining threads on this forum. It sure ruffled a lot of feathers, especially those of the 325 owners
matrix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #120
GRANDCHAMP
Private
 
Drives: 330I,BLK,CW,SP,PP
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ROCKLAND, NY

Posts: 58
iTrader: (1)

If I do debadge my 330 its because I dont want anyone to know what I got underneath the hood. It will be a sweet sleeper especially when I start modding the hell out of it, and I'm sure ppl will have problems with that. But those ppl are ignorant to the whole car show world. Like I said before the 325 and 330, no matter if your parents, grandparents, or dead uncle bought you the car, or how old you are, its a HOT car.... so let it be... and most importantly enjoy it..
GRANDCHAMP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 03:37 PM   #121
jubol
Private
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dover, De, USA

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

I have a 325i, Did not ruffle me!! Also drive a 7 series with a clean deck!!!!
Fred
jubol is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #122
1stTbuyer
New Member
 
Drives: e30
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Calif

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

if people are that sensitive about the badge on their car, would swaping the 2 and 5 numerals generate a lot of envy? Wow he's got a 352i. The car should go faster with its 5.2L engine. Crank it up to 11 dude!
1stTbuyer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #123
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 535d
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Netherlands

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

This thread has gotten plain silly in the last few posts. Its one thing to post your opinion on a subject, but its absolutely absurd to act as your opinion is the only opinion. This is what I'm seeing from those against "debadging" (mostly 330 owners). I have yet to read any negative posts about people that leave the badges on, but there sure are plenty (several of the last ones in particular) about people that remove them. Why is that? Why does that bother you so much? I think BellasBMW pointed that out earlier, why does it matter?

Edit: Dave, what is your problem? Your flinging accusations in this thread like they are going out of style.

I disagree with the post that says the 325 owners feathers are ruffled. I think they are on the defensive because people like Dave here who are accusing them of debadging for what "he" thinks people debadge for. I'd defend my integrity as well.
JBOO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #124
Broken1
E90 Addict
 
Broken1's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg

Posts: 2,040
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
lol. I (soon) drive a 320d. In south africa, although being one of the more popular models, it's surely not a 330i. I could debadge it, but to try and debadge it so seem more powerfull or what is going to do me nothing, you can see/hear/feel it's a diesel. I could have easily bought a 325i and a 330i is just not in my legue, doesn't make me any less of a person though.

After ALOT of consideration, I have decided to leave the badge on my 320d for now. If i later decide to mod it a bit, and get the schnitzer chip which increases the power and the torque, i will debadge it. Not because I am embarrassed, but because it's no longer a stock 320d.
I am proud I bought a diesel car. I LOVE READ LOVE!!! the 330nm of torque, it has plenty of power and is a very nice car. I am not ashamed one bit I cannot afford to spend the R360 000 a 330i would have cost me with similar extra's and I also don't think people that debadge are anything less.

People who debadge their cars because they feel inferior, well shame for them. You shouldn't be buying a car to be superior. People who debadge a car because they think it looks clean and nice...good for you...you must do what YOU want. It's YOUR car. As far as things go though, I'm sure we will see alot more of the lesser models debadged then the bigger ones, but that's just the facts of life. Some people are jelous they couldn't get a bigger car, or want to pose. If they do, it's their issue and none of us, or anyone should really care about it.

I don't!
Broken1 is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #125
bmw330ipty
Private First Class
 
bmw330ipty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Porsche Cayenne
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDCHAMP
If I do debadge my 330 its because I dont want anyone to know what I got underneath the hood. It will be a sweet sleeper especially when I start modding the hell out of it, and I'm sure ppl will have problems with that. But those ppl are ignorant to the whole car show world. Like I said before the 325 and 330, no matter if your parents, grandparents, or dead uncle bought you the car, or how old you are, its a HOT car.... so let it be... and most importantly enjoy it..

people will see the aluminum trim around your window frame and know its a 330... atleast i will
bmw330ipty is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #126
Petercat
Cat Herder
 
Petercat's Avatar
 
Drives: LR3, again...
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mpls, MN

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Wow, I thought we were all going in a peaceful direction, but it seems a couple want to keep up the hate.

Dave C. As for the Carrera 4, it was mine. Now you've personally attacked me :mad: without knowing a thing about my history, my financial position, my family, my career, or even my age, just my previous C4 and my current 325.

Shame on you Dave C.

Anyone who knows Porsche, knows the Carrera 4 is obviously not a turbo. When I debadged, I didn't want anyone to think I had a turbo and I didn't care that anyone knew that I had the Carrera 4 over the Carrera 2... Does not matter to me. As for my Porsche, if I wanted people to think it was a Turbo, I would have added a whale tail, front spoiler, and some flared rockers. That's not my style though, I specifically chose the C4 because it didn't have those items, but had the performance and driving experience I wanted. I too am not a "kid" and have no need for flash or attention to my property.

I like the clean look, I come from a car culture family since I was born. The clean logo-less look is just my aesthetic.

You say that 325 owners debadge because we feel inferior to you mighty 330 guys (not all 330, just Dave C.). Maybe you feel so closely identified by your car that you leave the badge on so everyone knows you spent more than me.

Ever think that 330 guys will not debadge because it is their status symbol - equally pathetic to debadging to think you have a different car.

I love my 325, it's the exact car I needed right now. I really love the 330, the 5, the 7, Merc's, Audi's, Porsche, VW... I could keep going forever. I love all cars.

I joined this forum to talk about my new car with other guys who had the same car, experiences and overall car appreciation.

My bottom line on debadging, do it if you like the look, no one outside the BMW circle would ever notice or care that it isn't there.

Seriously, time for a group hug.
__________________
Waiting for my e93.
Petercat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #127
jubol
Private
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dover, De, USA

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Well said Petercat!!
Fred
jubol is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #128
Petercat
Cat Herder
 
Petercat's Avatar
 
Drives: LR3, again...
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mpls, MN

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Fred, you are the perfect example... 325 and a 7 both debadged. Not an ego thing as some may imply.
Cheers.
__________________
Waiting for my e93.

Last edited by Petercat; 07-14-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Petercat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #129
Petercat
Cat Herder
 
Petercat's Avatar
 
Drives: LR3, again...
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mpls, MN

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDCHAMP
If I do debadge my 330 its because I dont want anyone to know what I got underneath the hood. It will be a sweet sleeper especially when I start modding the hell out of it, and I'm sure ppl will have problems with that. But those ppl are ignorant to the whole car show world. Like I said before the 325 and 330, no matter if your parents, grandparents, or dead uncle bought you the car, or how old you are, its a HOT car.... so let it be... and most importantly enjoy it..
JOY!
__________________
Waiting for my e93.
Petercat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #130
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I agree with petercat- everyone just give each other a big hug hehe ...
Im sorry if i made this thread more than it should me- i just felt that i needed to defend my reasoning behind my actions (debadging), which is ridiculous...its my perogative- and when the subject started on my personal life- well then.. its a different ballgame...Theres no need to question how, what, why, a person purchases anything- the point is, we all have E90's and i come to share the little knowledge i know and hopefully gain much more...
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #131
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

[quote=Petercat]Anyone who knows Porsche, knows the Carrera 4 is obviously not a turbo.
[quote]


he may be confused between the C4, and the C4S

The C4, is the standard 996 body style, standard fenders, doesn't look anything like a turbo to people who know

The C4S has the big fender flares, (same body as the turbo)

if Petercat had a C4S and debadged it then I would say he was trying to fool people, but the only people a debadged C4 will fool are the ignorant.
ward is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #132
Petercat
Cat Herder
 
Petercat's Avatar
 
Drives: LR3, again...
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mpls, MN

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Right on Ward... Nice attention to detail.
__________________
Waiting for my e93.
Petercat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST