||BMW Garage||BMW Meets||Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read||
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum
I love being Italian..
|03-28-2006, 03:19 PM||#1|
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
I love being Italian..
* i think i originally posted in the wrong section, so sorry if this is a repeat*
01. You have at least one relative who wore a black dress every
day for an entire year after a funeral. Yes my grandmother did this, no lie
02. You spent your entire childhood thinking what you ate for lunch
was pronounced "sangwich."my 22 yr old cousin calls it Sangwich
03. Your family dog understood Italian. My mom talks to animals in italian and of course they understand.[/color]
04. Every Sunday afternoon of your childhood was spent visiting your
grandparents and extended family.everysunday we went to some family member house, no matter what.
05. You've experienced the phenomena of 150 people fitting into 50
square feet of yard during a family cookout. haha and we're damn proud of it
06. You were surprised to discover the FDA recommends you eat three
meals a day, not seven.
07. You thought killing the pig each year and having salami,
capacollo, pancetta and prosciutto hanging out to dry from your shed
ceiling was absolutely normal.
08. You ate pasta for dinner at least three times a week, and every Sunday, and laughed at the commercial for Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti day.i still eat pasta atlesat 3x a week
09. You grew up thinking no fruit or vegetable had a fixed price and that the price of everything was negotiable through haggling.
10. You were as tall as your grandmother by the age of seven.my 10 yr old cousin is taller than my grandma
11. You thought everyone's last name ended in a vowel.
12. You thought nylons were supposed to be worn rolled to the ankles.
13. Your mom's main hobby is cleaning. Yes! She will bitch to the death when it comes to cleaning.
14. You were surprised to find out that wine was actually sold in
15. You thought that everyone made their own tomato sauce.
16. You never ate meat on Christmas Eve or any Friday for that matter.
17. You ate your salad after the main course. yes salad before the main course is still weird to me.
18. You thought Catholic was the only religion in the world.hahah my family thinks that all other religions arent really a religion
19. Your were beaten at least once with a wooden spoon or broom.ah yes...the spoon.. eeek!
20. You thought every meal had to be eaten with a hunk of bread in your hand. Mom told me i wouldnt be full unless i had bread to
21. You can speak and understand Italian
22. You have at least six male relatives named Tony, Frank, Joe or
John.dad is tony, bro is anthony (aka tony), uncle is john, cousins are joe.
23. You have relatives who aren't really your relatives.i have relatives i didnt know exsisted.
24. You have relatives you don't speak to.
25. You drank wine before you were a teenager.
26. You relate on some level, admit it, to the Godfather and the
Sopranos. I maka a meata ball you can't refuse! ...forrgetttabbboutit! badda bing! ~ and thats why sopranos is my fav show
27. You grew up in a house with a yard that didn't have one patch of dirt that didn't have a flower or a vegetable growing out of it.I think fava bean season is coming up.. gotta prepare the yard.
28. Your grandparent's furniture was as comfortable as sitting on
plastic. Wait!!!! You were sitting on plastic.
29. You thought that talking loud was normal.no such thing as whisphering.. or talking. just yelling.
30. You thought sugared almonds and the Tarantella were common at all weddings.
31. You thought everyone got pinched on the cheeks and money stuffed in their pockets by their relatives.
32. Your mother is overly protective of the males in the family no
matter what their age.
33. There was a crucifix in every room of the house.Haha my mom is giving me one when i move
34. You couldn't date a boy without getting approval from your father.
(Oh, and he had to be Italian)
35. You had the best and biggest sandwich at the lunch table in school
36. Going out for a cup of coffee usually meant going out for a cup of coffee over Zia's house.
37. Every condition, ailment, misfortune, memory loss and accident was attributed to the fact that you didn't eat something.100000% true. hahahha
38. Going to church on sunday was like going to a fashion show.I have to shop before i go to church
39.Those of you who get this...KNOW who to pass it on to! CIAO!
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
|03-29-2006, 12:43 AM||#3|
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ
I can relate to 95% of those. Great list i laughed the whole way down being itilian myself. Espicaaly about the sauce or gravy as my gradmother calls it.
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
|04-07-2006, 01:27 PM||#13|
Drives: 2006 Arctic Metallic 330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
"08. You ate pasta for dinner at least three times a week, and every Sunday, and laughed at the commercial for Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti day.i still eat pasta atlesat 3x a week"
I like this one...I currently eat rice the most (because I am chinese) so I love eating Italian whenever possible. This is the same with Japanese food- Salmon sashimi yum
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|