E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Critique my dating style (very long)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #45
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Drives: White Lightning
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Agrestic

Posts: 1,851
iTrader: (2)

You boys are missing my point. I've listened to Leykis for years. I'm just curious in an open forum from different cities inputting what thoughts came along with that process.
__________________
2008 335i
slubu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #46
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Leykis has been married and divorced four times, although he has never had any known children. His fourth wife, Susan Leykis, filed a police report against him while they were married and living in Boston in 1993. She told police that Leykis assaulted and threatened to kill her during a fight after they returned home from a radio station Christmas party. The charges were dropped after he agreed to complete a domestic violence program and go on probation for one year, although Leykis did not admit guilt as part of the agreement. [1] They separated in 2001 and divorced in 2003. He lives in the exclusive enclave of the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #47
m666
New Member
 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cali

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Leykis doesn't know anything about having a family or how to treat a good, strong, independent woman. He does offer sound advice dealing with the reality of causal dating in Los Angeles.

Anyway, to the author of this thread. It did appear through you depiction and language that you were proud of urself, talking about THE BEST MOVE IN THE BOOK, etc.... If I got it wrong, I take back what I said. You should of framed it better in that case.

Honestly, you only got what the girl was willing to give so take it easy there playa and don't bust a load prematurely.
m666 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #48
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
 
geeslice's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325xi
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to geeslice
Umm, I don't know if I'm part of the "Resident 3 girls"of e90 but I'm a chick... and I commented. But reading all this you can't hate on slubu for this.

I mean honestly, I think it's kinda sad that this girl will put up with that and slubu is right... it is what is working for him so it creates an idea that that is a good way to act.

As a girl I've dated asses and I've dated nice guys/pushovers and it's best to find someone in between and the balance is what is key.
__________________
It's called "HAPPY" Hour for a reason.

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
geeslice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #49
E90-4life
auto pilot
 
E90-4life's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
U it's best to find someone in between and the balance is what is key.
someone to put you in your place? that would be me.
E90-4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #50
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 239
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matbrach
--Many young women make dramatic changes in their self-images and their behavior. Carol Gilligan, a Harvard researcher, has called this process "hitting the wall," which is made of blocks containing all the negative messages young women receive from society about their bodies, their minds, and their worth. Through this process, they begin to recognize that the world functions in terms of power dynamics and that it is women who do not possess the power (Debold, Wilson, and Malave 1993, p. 14).--


Thats great - lets keep women down by treating them how they have been treated for thousands of years.
umm..yeah. i dont think slubu is trying to keep "women down." thats what women's magazines are for (glamor, cosmo, ...ect.) no in all seriousness though, it just sounded like he was just teasing her. for shit and giggles. there seems to be a fine line between "teasing" a girl and making fun or her/treating her like crap. (esp. in internet talk, where you cant get a real sense of the person talking, and by sense i mean expressions, emotions...) i think slubu was trying to teaser her and some one you are intreprting as the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
Umm, I don't know if I'm part of the "Resident 3 girls"of e90 but I'm a chick... and I commented. But reading all this you can't hate on slubu for this.

I mean honestly, I think it's kinda sad that this girl will put up with that and slubu is right... it is what is working for him so it creates an idea that that is a good way to act.

As a girl I've dated asses and I've dated nice guys/pushovers and it's best to find someone in between and the balance is what is key.
my apologies to you geeslice, i was just being sarcastic. but glad you hear and i see you got you 3 on order, so thats why maybe you fell under my radar.

i was thinking about this thread and what if, this is just a culture/age difference thing. im about the same age as slubu and similar backgrounds so.cal college grad and maybe thats just how it is here in so.cal. maybe theres more pressure on the women here, than say the midwest, and have lower self-esteems, thanks to the media-drivin so cal culture. and for the older crowd with families maybe you guys are instinctively protective and view slubu's actions as childish/ hurtful. maybe maybe oooo this thread is getting interesting...
BiggieJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #51
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Roofies FTW.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #52
E90-4life
auto pilot
 
E90-4life's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ

i was thinking about this thread and what if, this is just a culture/age difference thing. im about the same age as slubu and similar backgrounds so.cal college grad and maybe thats just how it is here in so.cal. maybe theres more pressure on the women here, than say the midwest, and have lower self-esteems, thanks to the media-drivin so cal culture. and for the older crowd with families maybe you guys are instinctively protective and view slubu's actions as childish/ hurtful. maybe maybe oooo this thread is getting interesting...
I agree w/ the above assesment. Girls here tend to follow whatever it is they see in the fashion magazines and television. Sounthern Califronian youth lives in a very fast paced culture that never looks at the big picture, just the here and now. Hence the kinds of relationships they get into. In truth I think this has been a great discussion, has given me just that much more a scope into the minds of the fellow male population and the different experiences we encounter, not that that this is of any sentimental value, it isn't, but fun.

Girls don't like nice guys, women do.
E90-4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #53
docbolo
BMW worshiper
 
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Posts: 254
iTrader: (1)

slubu - kudos to you for having the balls to start this thread and share. As you guys already said, so. cal. girls are, for the most part, slop. The exceptions are the ones that come from other places. They are all head cases and if you want some pussy than use those tricks like treating them like shit. But as some others have noted, this is not the way to get a nice, down-to-earth woman. If you just wanna get laid, what you are doing will work. It has worked for me plenty in the past.

I love Tom Leykis but I think he is a lonely dude deep inside. I agree with our midwest friend, noflash, that the sleep with as many chicks as possible/ treat them all like dirt approach will lead to a very lonely 40 year old.

I am writing this from Utah of all places. Let me tell you. these are some happy people here. scary nice folks here. Most are mormons and they have wonderful families with lots of kids and (seem) happily married. Its a real eye opener for me. Here I am happy about a stupid car (E90), but these people really know the secret to a happy life.
docbolo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #54
mava330
Colonel
 
mava330's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
...but these people really know the secret to a happy life.
One word: Polygamy! What's up docbolo!
__________________
2007 ///M Coupe Sapphire Black / Black // Extended Nappa Leather // Premium Pckge // Heated Seats // Navigation
RETIRED
2006 330 TiAg / Black
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
mava330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #55
docbolo
BMW worshiper
 
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Posts: 254
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
One word: Polygamy! What's up docbolo!
LOL!! you the man mava

You should check out that HBO show "big love". Polygamy = 3x the sex..... 3000x the drama!!
docbolo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 01:40 AM   #56
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 239
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
slubu - kudos to you for having the balls to start this thread and share. As you guys already said, so. cal. girls are, for the most part, slop. The exceptions are the ones that come from other places. They are all head cases and if you want some pussy than use those tricks like treating them like shit. But as some others have noted, this is not the way to get a nice, down-to-earth woman. If you just wanna get laid, what you are doing will work. It has worked for me plenty in the past.

I love Tom Leykis but I think he is a lonely dude deep inside. I agree with our midwest friend, noflash, that the sleep with as many chicks as possible/ treat them all like dirt approach will lead to a very lonely 40 year old.

I am writing this from Utah of all places. Let me tell you. these are some happy people here. scary nice folks here. Most are mormons and they have wonderful families with lots of kids and (seem) happily married. Its a real eye opener for me. Here I am happy about a stupid car (E90), but these people really know the secret to a happy life.
i disagree here. i think its incrediably unfair to say all, even most, so cal girls are slop. nay, my friend. women here are exposed a lot more direect/indirect media as to what their "supoosed" to be/look like. put any women from any where and put them in the so cal culture and youre bound to get corrupted. this doesnt make them any less of a women, theyre just adopting to their enviornment. its what we do as people. and trust me these forced values goes both ways, so we as males have to adopt to these standards as well. but i believe these vlaues imposed on us are only skin deep. we "act" a certain way but this does not define who we are. example: we feel we have to be "fashionable" to be accepted but just because you go out and buy a nice outfit doesnt make you shallow. okay, well that example is a bit shallow but you get the point.

so these "games" are just that, games. its the new-age mating ritual/dance. but once you get past the whole shallowness of it all you still get the real person beneath it all. maybe its an a-hole or some nice gal/guy. but thats later. dont hate the game, because we, as a whole, created this monster.
BiggieJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 08:19 AM   #57
quincy
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
I think your dating style is terrible,obviously you're still single.I think you need to be yourself(assuming you have nice manners).If a girl really likes you she wont be turned off by you showing interest.Dating has to be a natural process not some calculated moves you get from some book.If I was a girl I wouldn't want be with someone who's playing hard to get or who's calculated.
How about being spontaneous,just be yourself,but at the same time don't call her like 10 times a day to tell her you love her etc that'll be scary.
We have a couple nice girls here Bella Nikki,Enroute,what do they think of your dating style?
 
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #58
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
 
geeslice's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325xi
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to geeslice
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
someone to put you in your place? that would be me.

Hahaha no what I meant was someone who has a spine/opinion and won't go with everything you say and is independent and confident.

IMO, everyones got a little asshole in them!
__________________
It's called "HAPPY" Hour for a reason.

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
geeslice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #59
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
 
geeslice's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325xi
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to geeslice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
my apologies to you geeslice, i was just being sarcastic. but glad you hear and i see you got you 3 on order, so thats why maybe you fell under my radar.

i was thinking about this thread and what if, this is just a culture/age difference thing. im about the same age as slubu and similar backgrounds so.cal college grad and maybe thats just how it is here in so.cal. maybe theres more pressure on the women here, than say the midwest, and have lower self-esteems, thanks to the media-drivin so cal culture. and for the older crowd with families maybe you guys are instinctively protective and view slubu's actions as childish/ hurtful. maybe maybe oooo this thread is getting interesting...
I don't know how old you and slubu are but I am 23 and I think part of it is because I'm a girl that I think it's gross what slubu is doing but as I said before he's not completey to blame. It takes two to tango and if she's putting up with that... she needs as much help as he if not more. Perhaps I'm more critical of the girl because I am a girl and as for all girls there has always been some guy who didn't treat you right and it's easier to say "she should have walked away" because that's what i did.

As for age/cultural differences. I live in the DC suburbs and things are pretty screwed up here. I haven't been so SoCal since I was younger but I can barely relate to girls my own age let alone a few years younger. Things are culturally speeding up in general I believe across the country, although some might be faster than others. I remember when I was in HS the average age for someone to lose their virginity was 16 which I thought was young... now I hear it is 12/13. It's just kinda sad... and it's not like I'm some crazy conservative bible-thumping person I just wish kids could be kids and not little adults. I know I would have prefered to be a kid for longer... especially now that I'm in the "real world"!!!
__________________
It's called "HAPPY" Hour for a reason.

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
geeslice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #60
quincy
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy
We have a couple nice girls here Bella Nikki,Enroute,what do they think of your dating style?
Correction:
We have a couple of nice girls here Bella,Nikki,Enroutte,Geeslice and others...
 
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #61
E90-4life
auto pilot
 
E90-4life's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
I don't know how old you and slubu are but I am 23 and I think part of it is because I'm a girl that I think it's gross what slubu is doing but as I said before he's not completey to blame. It takes two to tango and if she's putting up with that... she needs as much help as he if not more. Perhaps I'm more critical of the girl because I am a girl and as for all girls there has always been some guy who didn't treat you right and it's easier to say "she should have walked away" because that's what i did.

As for age/cultural differences. I live in the DC suburbs and things are pretty screwed up here. I haven't been so SoCal since I was younger but I can barely relate to girls my own age let alone a few years younger. Things are culturally speeding up in general I believe across the country, although some might be faster than others. I remember when I was in HS the average age for someone to lose their virginity was 16 which I thought was young... now I hear it is 12/13. It's just kinda sad... and it's not like I'm some crazy conservative bible-thumping person I just wish kids could be kids and not little adults. I know I would have prefered to be a kid for longer... especially now that I'm in the "real world"!!!

haha, try living HERE. Doesn't sound that much different, but this is an extremely fast paced culture as I said before. Has never clicked w/ me, I was raised w/ a somewhat midwestern mentality, so it's a safe assumption that i'm "old fashioned", and damm proud of it.
E90-4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #62
E90-4life
auto pilot
 
E90-4life's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
Sounds like you have low self-esteem
if i had low self esteem then I'd make comments like you.
E90-4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #63
abc
Captain
 
Drives: 325
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786
Further proof that no matter how much a girl claims she wants a nice guy in the end they like the ones who push them around....
what they say, is not what they want.

old news.

no means no?


for some of these females, as soon these females can wake up from her own born spell to realize that the pull to a 'jerk' does not translate to a functional husband/father, she can then make the realization to go for the 'nice' guy even though during the courtship phase she doesn't feel her buttons being pushed and her hormones shaken the same way.

perhaps the difference between a girl and a real woman.
abc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #64
E90-4life
auto pilot
 
E90-4life's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc
what they say, is not what they want.

old news.

no means no?


for some of these females, as soon these females can wake up from her own born spell to realize that the pull to a 'jerk' does not translate to a functional husband/father, she can then make the realization to go for the 'nice' guy even though during the courtship phase she doesn't feel her buttons being pushed and her hormones shaken the same way.

perhaps the difference between a girl and a real woman.
girls don't normally get this til past 25.
E90-4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #65
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
 
Drives: e90-330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Where the Sun dont shine

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu
Thoughts/comments?
just have these things as a guideline if you ever wonder wat it means

Things to know about GIRLs...

1. When a GIRL is quiet, ..... Millions of things are running in her mind.

2. When a GIRL is not arguing, ... She is thinking deeply.

3. When a GIRL looks at u with eyes full of questions, ... She is wondering how long you will be around.

4. When a GIRL answers "i'm fine" after a few seconds, ......She is not at all fine.

5 When a GIRL stares at you, ..... She is wondering why you are lying.

6 When a GIRL lays on your chest, ...She is wishing for you to be hers forever.

7 When a GIRL calls you everyday, ...She is seeking for your attention.

8. When a GIRL wants to see you everyday,She wants to be pampered.

9. When a GIRL sms's u everyday,She wants you to reply at least once.

10. When a GIRL says I love you, She means it.

11. When a GIRL says that she can't live without you, She has made up her mind that you are her future.

12. When a GIRL says "i miss you", No one in this world can miss you more than that. (",)

but seems like these things are premature for your situation, but once you reach a homerun, its here for your review
Flyingfart is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #66
BMW E90
Major General
 
BMW E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

Posts: 8,218
iTrader: (8)

^ hahaha this made me laugh.
BMW E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST