E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Mod Shop Advice



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Mod Shop Advice

Hello Everyone,

I am soon to trade in my E90 330i for a E92 335i.

I have a few cosmetic simple mods to do (matte black grill, possible black vinyl trim, angel eyes to white, etc.)

I was also considering putting the SSTT on and maybe a BOV (I like that sound!)

I am basically looking for a really good mod shop who could put these things on my vehicle, but not really rip me off when it comes to these little simple things. I am sure I could do most of them myself, but I live in NYC and don't have the space nor the tools.

Recommendations would be excellent!
MFL101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Stephii_Rawr
xiao nini
 
Stephii_Rawr's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' Lancer GTS
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 2,985
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Stephii_Rawr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am soon to trade in my E90 330i for a E92 335i.

I have a few cosmetic simple mods to do (matte black grill, possible black vinyl trim, angel eyes to white, etc.)

I was also considering putting the SSTT on and maybe a BOV (I like that sound!)

I am basically looking for a really good mod shop who could put these things on my vehicle, but not really rip me off when it comes to these little simple things. I am sure I could do most of them myself, but I live in NYC and don't have the space nor the tools.

Recommendations would be excellent!
i dont know about the shop
BUT I LOVE 335i!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3<3

post pics when u get them on! ^_^
Stephii_Rawr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
 
TofuTurkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am soon to trade in my E90 330i for a E92 335i.

I have a few cosmetic simple mods to do (matte black grill, possible black vinyl trim, angel eyes to white, etc.)

I was also considering putting the SSTT on and maybe a BOV (I like that sound!)

I am basically looking for a really good mod shop who could put these things on my vehicle, but not really rip me off when it comes to these little simple things. I am sure I could do most of them myself, but I live in NYC and don't have the space nor the tools.

Recommendations would be excellent!
This thread may help:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115224
TofuTurkey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
I could do all your mods if youre willing to drive to NJ.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Hyper,

That would be awesome. Would totally be willing to make the journey. What's it going to cost me?

Do you recommend I get the aero kit painted and shipped from Tischer and then install or just let the dealer do it?

Any experience with the Valentine 1 hardwire?

I am not really great at all this tinkering stuff and would kill myself if I messed something up or didn't do a good job
MFL101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
brtnrdr1x
Private First Class
 
Drives: by u w/ the finger ;)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Morris, NJ

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to brtnrdr1x
hyper sounds like a good idea haha..but if u look up DIY step by steps like the v1 hardwire just try..its fun to learn new things urself too !! hard to find shops that charge the "right price"
__________________
335 in a couple years...Lexus IS modddeddd for now.

MODS: 5% tint / JUN-TW roof spoiler / 8000K Oracle xenon(lows) / 3000K JDM Luminics fogs / Smoked tails / Full LED interior;puddles;back-ups
brtnrdr1x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
Hyper,

That would be awesome. Would totally be willing to make the journey. What's it going to cost me?

Do you recommend I get the aero kit painted and shipped from Tischer and then install or just let the dealer do it?

Any experience with the Valentine 1 hardwire?

I am not really great at all this tinkering stuff and would kill myself if I messed something up or didn't do a good job
I would recommend you let the dealer do the install that way you can hold them accountable if anything goes wrong. Ive done the V1 hardwire with the concealed display mounted in the ashtray several times.

PM me for further inquiries.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (7)

not to take any business away from alex since hes a really cool guy but matt (itsbrokenagain) does mods as well and he worked for a bmw dealership so he knows what hes doing (not knocking you down alex)
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #9
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
not to take any business away from alex since hes a really cool guy but matt (itsbrokenagain) does mods as well and he worked for a bmw dealership so he knows what hes doing (not knocking you down alex)
I think its great that theres a few of us on the forum with the ability to lend a hand. Im sure Matt would post up his availability on doing any mods when he can.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,520
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
How about I sell you the car AND install ur mods?


PS: theres a bunch of garage wrenchers on the forum.....Myself, Fizzle, HyperM3, itsbrokeagain are just a few
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

So...

I am looking at installing:

the Logic HVI, Borla Exhuast (w/2nd cat delete), V1 Hardwire, Matte Black Grill, Replace Rear Badge, OEM Aero Lip, Possible M-Tech Side Skirts, M3 Trunk lid Spoiler, Predator Angel Eyes (H8 Bulbs) and Fogs.

Just want to make sure whoever wants to help knows what they are getting themselves into! I spoke to Fizzle about this before, haven't seen him chime in here...whoever wants to give a hand is MORE than welcome.
MFL101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
the Logic HVI, Borla Exhuast (w/2nd cat delete), V1 Hardwire, Matte Black Grill, Replace Rear Badge, OEM Aero Lip, Possible M-Tech Side Skirts, M3 Trunk lid Spoiler, Predator Angel Eyes (H8 Bulbs) and Fogs.
Things Im confident I could help you with all in one day.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,520
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Things Im confident I could help you with all in one day.
what he said. The aero kit and side skirts shouldnt be an issue. I'm sure while one person is doing one thing another can do the other things.

The borla exhaust however, isnt bolt on (unless you get the new setup w/ the mid pipes) so thats something an exhaust shop is gonna have to help you with
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
The borla exhaust however, isnt bolt on (unless you get the new setup w/ the mid pipes) so thats something an exhaust shop is gonna have to help you with
I am getting the 2nd Cat Delete option which makes it bolt-on...important with my car being leased!
MFL101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #15
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
 
fizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 17,440
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to fizzle
i replied to your PM. sorry i didnt get back to you sooner, but let me know a date.
__________________
Rest In Peace, Dad 7/2/09 Miss you...

contact me for photoshoots/detailing
fizzle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST