Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 35 ET coming - tire size question



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Sick Speed
Speed
 
Sick Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Parallel Universe

Posts: 407
iTrader: (2)

35 ET coming - tire size question

I have the E92 335i.

I am awaiting the arrival of my VOLKs TE 37 (19")

I will also be installing the KW V2 coilovers but it will not be slammed. About an inch in the front and a half inch in the rear.

I want to know if I can run a 245/35/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear.

My question is will I have enough clearance in the front with the drop and the width of the tire or will I rub? Anyone else running 245s up front?

With my 35 ET I should not have to roll the rear fenders if the calculator is accurate. Again...anyone running this same offset in the rear with 275s?

Thanks in advance.

SS
__________________
Sick Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
1WickedE90
Captain
 
1WickedE90's Avatar
 
Drives: In the works again. . .
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA USA

Posts: 669
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
It would depend on the tire but the general answer is "yes, it will work." Being paranoid, I would shave the rear fenders just in case, if I had a coupe. Front fitment will not be a problem, I'm planning to run the same tire size & offset.
1WickedE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
ExclusiveAlloysE90
Private First Class
 
ExclusiveAlloysE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Bee M Double U 335i 4dr
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baldwin Park, CA

Posts: 150
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Yes, it will depend on the tire. You may be able to get away with using that tire size if it is a Falken FK-452 or Toyo T1-R or maybe even the Nitto NT555 and not have to modify your fenders even with it being lowered. If you decide to use any other tire brand on the market, fender rolling is definitely in your future. However in saying that, there are a couple things missing here that will better help us out to help you out. How wide is the rear wheel? I believe I can safely assume the front is a 19x8.5 correct?
ExclusiveAlloysE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Sick Speed
Speed
 
Sick Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Parallel Universe

Posts: 407
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusiveAlloysE90 View Post
Yes, it will depend on the tire. You may be able to get away with using that tire size if it is a Falken FK-452 or Toyo T1-R or maybe even the Nitto NT555 and not have to modify your fenders even with it being lowered. If you decide to use any other tire brand on the market, fender rolling is definitely in your future. However in saying that, there are a couple things missing here that will better help us out to help you out. How wide is the rear wheel? I believe I can safely assume the front is a 19x8.5 correct?
I am going to order Falken FK 452s and the front wheel is a 19 x 8.5 and the rears are 19 x 9.5
__________________
Sick Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
ExclusiveAlloysE90
Private First Class
 
ExclusiveAlloysE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Bee M Double U 335i 4dr
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baldwin Park, CA

Posts: 150
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Can't wait to see the pictures of the wheels installed! Are the wheels here in the US or is there a wait time for them? And you should use a 275/30 rear tire, not a 275/35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Speed View Post
I am going to order Falken FK 452s and the front wheel is a 19 x 8.5 and the rears are 19 x 9.5
ExclusiveAlloysE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
I think that the rears might be cutting it close with a drop since I am running 265's on a 19x10 et35, which is pretty close to running a 19x9.5 et 35 with a 275. I had to roll my rears to drop it without any rubbing at all, but I guess it depends on how low you go.

Honestly though, rolling the rear fenders is so easy that I would just do it anyway so you won't have to worry about having passengers in the rear.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
Sick Speed
Speed
 
Sick Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Parallel Universe

Posts: 407
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusiveAlloysE90 View Post
Can't wait to see the pictures of the wheels installed! Are the wheels here in the US or is there a wait time for them? And you should use a 275/30 rear tire, not a 275/35.
The wheels take 3 months to arrive so it has been painful. I am expecting them sometime in may.

SS
__________________
Sick Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
Sick Speed
Speed
 
Sick Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Parallel Universe

Posts: 407
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I think that the rears might be cutting it close with a drop since I am running 265's on a 19x10 et35, which is pretty close to running a 19x9.5 et 35 with a 275. I had to roll my rears to drop it without any rubbing at all, but I guess it depends on how low you go.

Honestly though, rolling the rear fenders is so easy that I would just do it anyway so you won't have to worry about having passengers in the rear.
I am fine with having to roll the rears...it is the front I am really focused on. I want to run a 245 on the front. The issue of rubbing only comes into effect with respects to sharp turns. Rubbing on the inside of the tire well.

SS
__________________
Sick Speed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST