E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stock Map with V2.0

04-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #23
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
To prevent people repeating the same old questions over and over and free up Vishnu's R&D time , I think it's high time Vishnutuning released a full installation "User's Manual + DVD software install (firmware + maps) and video of the Procede install, when shipping out these units.

The areas being covered in the manual should include a preface outlining a brief overview on its' operation and how it intercepts with your car's ECU. What is the aim of their product and what is acheiveable and expected within the safe working parameters of the unit. (HP + TQ).

Also:

a.) Installation instructions with pictures for backup with the video.

b.) Procede Reader software install instructions and guide showing how to load firmware and map software correctly. How to put car in "Valet mode" and rpm adjustment for switching on and off.

c.) List of features and what they achieve.

d.) Optional future upgrades - o2 sims for catless DP's, map switching, launch control etc...and wiring instruction on how to add in these items.

d.) Comprehensive Data logging section showing you how to record runs and how to analyse the logged data for your personal car........also how to make adjustments for various modifications (FMIC, DP's, Air intake etc...) using different % of Torque and what you should be aiming for depending on what octane fuel you are using.

e.) A frequently ask Question section.

f.) A troubleshooting section....... with possible fixes and things to try.

Lastly, contact details and areas to look at, like Vishnutunings Forum site and E90post.

Phewww, I'm glad I got that of my chest......my 2 cents !!!

Over and OUT
+1

A good documentation would save a lot of time and support hassle-free installation.