E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 330ix acceleration



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

330ix acceleration

Hi

When I put the auto in sports mode and floor the pedal it bumps right up to 7000 RPM and stays there for a a second or two before it gears down and continues.
So I get pushed back in the seat and when it hits 7000 it feels like the breaks hits before it continues the acceleration.
Is this the way it should be?

Also I have seen some reviews that states the awd doesn't handle as good as the two wheel drive, specially on uneven surface. Anybody had a chance to compare those two? With money and snow aside witch one would you choose?
Attached Images
   
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
ed328ci
Grumpy
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ontario

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ed328ci
Beautiful car!

Re: acceleration - probably DSC. Just turn if off, if you want WOT acceleration.
__________________
Agh. Construction everywhere. Good for the economy, I guess.
ed328ci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
noflash
Captain Caveman
 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest

Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummiez
Hi

When I put the auto in sports mode and floor the pedal it bumps right up to 7000 RPM and stays there for a a second or two before it gears down and continues.
So I get pushed back in the seat and when it hits 7000 it feels like the breaks hits before it continues the acceleration.
Is this the way it should be?

Also I have seen some reviews that states the awd doesn't handle as good as the two wheel drive, specially on uneven surface. Anybody had a chance to compare those two? With money and snow aside witch one would you choose?
That's prob the feeling of it shifting gears agressively.

Snow and money aside I would take RWD.

Little snow, I would still take RWD and snow tires (which is current situation).

Lots of snow AWD.

BTW, nice car!
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
noflash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
That's prob the feeling of it shifting gears agressively.

Snow and money aside I would take RWD.

Little snow, I would still take RWD and snow tires (which is current situation).

Lots of snow AWD.

BTW, nice car!
Wow, you guys rocks. Answered in 1 minute, with compliments of my car. What more could a guy ask for.
Would you mind me asking why you prefere the RWD ? Hmm, or maybe I don't wanna know since I already bought the AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed328ci
Beautiful car!

Re: acceleration - probably DSC. Just turn if off, if you want WOT acceleration.
I will try this tomorrow, thanks.
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
noflash
Captain Caveman
 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest

Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummiez
Wow, you guys rocks. Answered in 1 minute, with compliments of my car. What more could a guy ask for.
Would you mind me asking why you prefere the RWD ? Hmm, or maybe I don't wanna know since I already bought the AWD


I will try this tomorrow, thanks.
Well, there is a weight penalty and a fuel efficiency penalty. AWD is a blessing in many places that experience heavy snow, but everywhere else a RWD-car does just fine with a good set of snow tires.

And while I am sure someone will soon chime in to refute, I believe RWD has a performance and handling advantage in dry conditions.

Still, the 330xi is a wonderful car. Don't regret a thing!
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
noflash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
KC Bimmer
Private First Class
 
KC Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kansas

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

Your car looks sweet! Love the front and wheels especially.
KC Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Well, there is a weight penalty and a fuel efficiency penalty. AWD is a blessing in many places that experience heavy snow, but everywhere else a RWD-car does just fine with a good set of snow tires.

And while I am sure someone will soon chime in to refute, I believe RWD has a performance and handling advantage in dry conditions.
:
We got some snowy days here in Stavanger, Norway but only a couple of days at the time.
One snowy morning I used my car with summer tires(got the car the day before when there was no snow) and was amazed. The car felt like it was glued to the road. When I had to stop for an other car and hit the brakes the amazement changed to a sort of "scared shitless feeling". Guess the other driver noticed my face because he stopped. Would have been hard to explain to the insurance company what I were doing out in the snow with those tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Still, the 330xi is a wonderful car. Don't regret a thing!
Ok, I won't
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Bimmer
Your car looks sweet! Love the front and wheels especially.
Thanks, I see you got a 330i yourself
What color did you choose?
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
lhoboy8
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e90 330xi
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323ci  [0.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Man, your car is amazing. That's the first real modded 330xi I've seen on this board yet. What kind of suspension is that?
lhoboy8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
coupedupcivic
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325 XI
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 100
iTrader: (1)

Yea i was gonna ask the same thing... Your car looks nice sitting on those wheels. Is that stock suspension or upgraded. I heard there would be a problem droppin xi's cus of clearence or sumtin.
coupedupcivic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
CrazyDesi
Custom User Title:
 
Drives: 89 325ic, '06 330xi
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Fucken York City

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1989 M3  [0.00]
1989 325ic  [0.00]
HERE IS SOMETHING ELSE YOU CAN DO.

INSTEAD OF SLAMING YOUR FOOT DOWN ON THE GAS PRESS DOWN WITH SMOOTH AND STEADY PRESSURE.

IF YOU JUST SLAM IT THE CAR WILL THINK FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND ABOUT IF YOU HAVE TRACTION OR NOT. THESE THOUSANDS OF A SECOND CAN BE VITAL WHEN STREET LIGHT RACING THREW RESEDENTIAL HOODS.
CrazyDesi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
kanishkl
Lieutenant
 
kanishkl's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 320i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

My black on black 330xi. Have switched the lights back to stock though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhoboy8
Man, your car is amazing. That's the first real modded 330xi I've seen on this board yet. What kind of suspension is that?
kanishkl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
kanishkl
Lieutenant
 
kanishkl's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 320i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

You're just getting the feel of a car as if it were a manual riding at 7000rpm, it pulls back at that high of an rpm - this is normal. I would recommend actually switching gears manually on your steptronic (moving it up or down) to smoothen gear changes.

Love the rims, trying to save up money to get one.
kanishkl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #14
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhoboy8
Man, your car is amazing. That's the first real modded 330xi I've seen on this board yet. What kind of suspension is that?
Thanks..
It's a shnitzer mod labeled "Sports suspension Inc. lowering (25-30mm) special sway bars, racing strut brace...what ever that means.
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #15
Mummiez
Private First Class
 
Mummiez's Avatar
 
Drives: 330IX AC SCHNITZER ACS3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDesi
HERE IS SOMETHING ELSE YOU CAN DO.

INSTEAD OF SLAMING YOUR FOOT DOWN ON THE GAS PRESS DOWN WITH SMOOTH AND STEADY PRESSURE.

IF YOU JUST SLAM IT THE CAR WILL THINK FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND ABOUT IF YOU HAVE TRACTION OR NOT. THESE THOUSANDS OF A SECOND CAN BE VITAL WHEN STREET LIGHT RACING THREW RESEDENTIAL HOODS.
ROFL...
Btw...street light racing is not possible in Norway i think. Its not invented yet...
Mummiez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST