E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > To do the body/paint repairs or not..THAT is the question

04-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
S4to335
Brigadier General

Drives: 95 Audi S6

Garage List
To do the body/paint repairs or not..THAT is the question

Got an estimate yesterday for doing the following:

1) Fixing the dent in the right rear quarter panel as it meets the trunk lid and paint
2) Fixing trunk lid dent on crease and paint
3) Fixing lower rear bumper valence so it matches on both sides of the exhaust..my exhaust pipes melted some of the bumper away..and now it looks like crap. This would include realigning the exhaust tips AGAIN (3rd try). This would also include repainting rear bumper.
4) Reattaching the lower front splitters better..and repainting them.

Cost? $1885

Should I do it? I will have to do it eventually since it is a leased car. I am waiting for my stimulus check..and fed tax return and will probably do it...they say they want the car for 4 days..so 4 days of rental car too.. UGH.

BTW, this is the quote from Kreative Customs in San Jose.

Car is now gone .... :-(
S4to335 is offline   United_States
      04-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Dinan Stg. III E92 335i

Do it!

Personally, I would go ahead and do it. Sure, small damage is unavoidable if its a daily driver...but your issues sound like more than small rock chips. I have the M-Tech front bumper on my E46 sedan repainted once or twice a year. Sure it costs $400ish, but it makes me feel better and the front of the car looks new.

Ultimately, I suppose it depends on how neurotic you are about you car...for me dents, etc. would be unbearable.
"...here's a word of advice for those who have been saving their lunch money and patiently waiting for the E92 M3 V8 to come to our shores: If you encounter a 335i with a Dinan badge on the trunk, don't throw down for pink slips. This car is so fast in a straight-line drag that you'll have to hitchhike home." Roundel, April 2008 ||08 E92 335i 6MT / Montego Blue / Dinan Stage III, IC, OC, exhaust and Stage 1 Suspension / Morr VS8
      04-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
CRZ410S
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 335i Vert

If you have to do it anyway (evetually) you might as well enjoy looking at it!
      04-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Yeahas
Second Lieutenant

Drives: SG E90 328

i'd rather spend 200 on detailing and use the money elsewhere