E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Auto Envy - Hampton Roads

04-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '08 E92 335i

Auto Envy - Hampton Roads

Anyone ever heard of this place? I had a flyer from them on my car Friday afternoon proclaiming their status as a local leader in BMW performance and service.

Just curious....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
that's odd, never heard of them.. have you checked the local boards?
      04-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

never heard of them either
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
hmmm...me neither.

are there any decent shops that work on these cars in the Hampton Roads area?
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
hmmm...me neither.

are there any decent shops that work on these cars in the Hampton Roads area?
What kind of work are you looking to get done? Performance? Cosmetics? Wheels/tires? Combinations of the above?

I use Bay Custom Auto in newport news for body/cosmetic stuff. I've been getting my performance work done at All Aspects Motorsports in chesapeake fpr the last 5 years. He tries to avoid working on bmw's, but he's been doing work on my cars for a while so it's never a problem. You should definitely give him a call, he might refer you to another shop that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

If you don't mind not ordering your own parts, millenium autosports in portsmouth does a lot of good work on more high end cars. I don't use them because of my above-mentioned hookup and the fact that I'm always looking for a deal so I always order my own parts (the sponsors on this site are pretty good with deals for members). But regardless, millenium is pretty well known 'round these parts.

For electronics and such, GO-HO audio (there's a location in nearly every 757 city) has been the best shop around here since I was in high school.

Hope that helps.

IMPORTANT EDIT!: The name of the shop I was looking for was DP Motorwerks out in va beach. They do super impressive work. I've heard nothing but great things about them. That'd be my top recommendation for you. http://dpmotorwerks.com/about.html
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
IMPORTANT EDIT!: The name of the shop I was looking for was DP Motorwerks out in va beach. They do super impressive work. I've heard nothing but great things about them. That'd be my top recommendation for you. http://dpmotorwerks.com/about.html
I've also heard that DP Motorwerks does excellent work, although I've never used their services myself. If I ever drop my car or get coilovers, I'll probably give them a shout.

Out of curiosity, do any of the shops you mention sell race gas? I've been trying to find a good local source without much luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #7
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The ones that I mentioned don't...

BUT, the Sunoco at Indian River and Military Highway had 100 unleaded as of around a year and a half ago. I don't know why they would've stopped selling it as they had the market all to themselves. It's definitely worth driving by.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The ones that I mentioned don't...

BUT, the Sunoco at Indian River and Military Highway had 100 unleaded as of around a year and a half ago. I don't know why they would've stopped selling it as they had the market all to themselves. It's definitely worth driving by.
Thanks, I can confirm that the pumps for 100 and 110 octane are still there. Oddly, the station was closed for the night, but it looks like they still sell it ~5.99 /gal. This could change everything
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Nice!!! That was fast! Awesome work
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
What kind of work are you looking to get done? Performance? Cosmetics? Wheels/tires? Combinations of the above?

I use Bay Custom Auto in newport news for body/cosmetic stuff. I've been getting my performance work done at All Aspects Motorsports in chesapeake fpr the last 5 years. He tries to avoid working on bmw's, but he's been doing work on my cars for a while so it's never a problem. You should definitely give him a call, he might refer you to another shop that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

If you don't mind not ordering your own parts, millenium autosports in portsmouth does a lot of good work on more high end cars. I don't use them because of my above-mentioned hookup and the fact that I'm always looking for a deal so I always order my own parts (the sponsors on this site are pretty good with deals for members). But regardless, millenium is pretty well known 'round these parts.

For electronics and such, GO-HO audio (there's a location in nearly every 757 city) has been the best shop around here since I was in high school.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the great info TheAcAvenger

yeah i had an Sti before i got my 335i...so i'm pretty familiar with Kienan and All Aspects...he kicks ass on subies!!!
i also had a friend that worked at millienium for a while...don't think he works there anymore though.

i will definitely check out DP Motorwerks...never heard of them. i'm finishing up my coilover install today(did the fronts yesterday), so i'll need an alignment. i used to take all of my previous cars to Bert's Alignment, the guy Mike over there always did an awesome job. Are there any other places you can recommend for getting a quality alignment??
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I used to get work done at Atlantic Autowerkes off of va. beach blvd. behind european autowerks. They do great work and are BMWCCA member so you get 10% off all your work.
      04-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
thanks for the great info TheAcAvenger

yeah i had an Sti before i got my 335i...so i'm pretty familiar with Kienan and All Aspects...he kicks ass on subies!!!
i also had a friend that worked at millienium for a while...don't think he works there anymore though.

i will definitely check out DP Motorwerks...never heard of them. i'm finishing up my coilover install today(did the fronts yesterday), so i'll need an alignment. i used to take all of my previous cars to Bert's Alignment, the guy Mike over there always did an awesome job. Are there any other places you can recommend for getting a quality alignment??
All Aspects does all my alignments... they should do yours too
Appreciate 0