E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel TAGUS, Voyage EC806-TGU - NYC 4/21



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #111
holson
First Lieutenant
holson's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Watertown, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Looks like they will be riding the truck together. I's doing the paperwork this weekend but I don't think I can pick it up until Sat.
I asked the CA to let me know at least when the car arrives, can't wait to at least see it. I haven't even done any paperwork?? I wonder when that's going to happen.

It feels like it's been forever, I bet the wait was longer for you since it's an M3 w/ M-DCT too.
__________________
--
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #112
HennarotM3
Lieutenant
HennarotM3's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: e30 M3, e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sammamish, WA

iTrader: (0)

Just talked to my CA...delivery on Monday!

__________________
e30 M3 | e90 M3 | e60 M5 (retired) | e30 325is (retired) | e36 M3/4 (retired) | e90 335i (retired) | '87 Buick Grand National (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #113
holson
First Lieutenant
holson's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Watertown, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennarotM3 View Post
Just talked to my CA...delivery on Monday!

i need to make phone calls :-p
__________________
--
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #114
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
I asked the CA to let me know at least when the car arrives, can't wait to at least see it. I haven't even done any paperwork?? I wonder when that's going to happen.

It feels like it's been forever, I bet the wait was longer for you since it's an M3 w/ M-DCT too.
Let me know what they tell you - I agree that it would be great to see it. I put a deposit down in May 2007 and ordered the car 2/21/08. The car wasn't scheduled to be built initially until May so although it's been a long time, I'm getting it about 2 months earlier than I initially expected!

I'm out of town next week so even if it arrives on Sat/Mon, I can't go and pick it up.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 07:23 AM   #115
HennarotM3
Lieutenant
HennarotM3's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: e30 M3, e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sammamish, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Let me know what they tell you - I agree that it would be great to see it. I put a deposit down in May 2007 and ordered the car 2/21/08. The car wasn't scheduled to be built initially until May so although it's been a long time, I'm getting it about 2 months earlier than I initially expected!

I'm out of town next week so even if it arrives on Sat/Mon, I can't go and pick it up.
Make sure your CA safeguards the keys for you so the dealership doesn't use the car as a demo. Congrats on the car!
__________________
e30 M3 | e90 M3 | e60 M5 (retired) | e30 325is (retired) | e36 M3/4 (retired) | e90 335i (retired) | '87 Buick Grand National (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #116
ET-NY
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Use as a demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennarotM3 View Post
Make sure your CA safeguards the keys for you so the dealership doesn't use the car as a demo. Congrats on the car!
Does a dealership use an ordered car as a demo? Is that common?
My car was delivered from VPC to the dealership two days ago and supposed be ready by today but I will pick it up tomorrow....Now I'm worried.
Can you tell from the mileage, if my car has been used as a demo?
What is the reasonable mileage you see from the car just manufactured and delivered from VPC?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #117
holson
First Lieutenant
holson's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Watertown, MA

iTrader: (0)

I checked the 1800# and it's still at the port awaiting a shippinng vessel... is this thing accurate after the car's dropped off in the US or not?
__________________
--
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #118
ET-NY
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
I checked the 1800# and it's still at the port awaiting a shippinng vessel... is this thing accurate after the car's dropped off in the US or not?
No. It is better that you call your dealership to check the latest status after the ship dropped off in the US port.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #119
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HennarotM3 View Post
Make sure your CA safeguards the keys for you so the dealership doesn't use the car as a demo. Congrats on the car!
I don't think they let others drive your car. My CA already assured me that it won't be put in the showroom but will be locked up in their warehouse until I pick it up.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #120
TAC
New Member
TAC's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NH, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-NY View Post
Does a dealership use an ordered car as a demo? Is that common?
My car was delivered from VPC to the dealership two days ago and supposed be ready by today but I will pick it up tomorrow....Now I'm worried.
Can you tell from the mileage, if my car has been used as a demo?
What is the reasonable mileage you see from the car just manufactured and delivered from VPC?
The last BMW I ordered had 7 miles on the clock, and I've heard others mention 5 or 6 miles, so that should give you a good idea of what to expect.

Andy.
__________________
2008 E92
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #121
Streetfish
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

just picked my baby up today. 3 miles on the clock. this car is awesome!!
__________________
2008 328i Coupe
Monaco Blue / Black Leatherette / Dark Burl
Sport Package/ Power Seats / Heated Seats / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:15 AM   #122
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfish View Post
just picked my baby up today. 3 miles on the clock. this car is awesome!!
Congrats!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #123
ET-NY
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Thank you Streetfish and TAC. I am relived. I will pick up my car today
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #124
TerraLvr335i
Private
0
Rep
53
Posts

 
Drives: F25 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Anyone whose car was on the TAGUS NOT get their car yet? My dealer hasn't mentioned damage, but I still haven't received the car and I'm in NY - not far from port.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #125
holson
First Lieutenant
holson's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Watertown, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraLvr335i View Post
Anyone whose car was on the TAGUS NOT get their car yet? My dealer hasn't mentioned damage, but I still haven't received the car and I'm in NY - not far from port.
That doesn't sound right.

The dealer got mine on Monday morning and I'm in Boston - MA

Let's hope for the best and hope you get it soon!
__________________
--
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #126
TerraLvr335i
Private
0
Rep
53
Posts

 
Drives: F25 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, holson. I'm going to bother the dealer more on it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST