E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Let's Hear It for South Africa...

05-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
ljk77
2008 335i Sedan

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Let's Hear It for South Africa...

OK, so the production status/vessel tracking discussions I've read on this forum so far all seem to be related to cars shipping from Germany. I've ordered a 335i, which BMW now produces in SA. I can't be the only one ordering this model, so there has to be someone else out there in Bimmerland whose car is being made down there! Let's commiserate!

A couple questions... my car has been "awaiting a shipping vessel" since April 22, and it's now a week and a half later. Does anyone have an idea of how long cars wait for a ship at the SA port (I think it's Durban)? My salesman told me the voyage is typically between 14 and 21 days from there to the East Coast.

Also, does WW service the port of Durban, or is it another line?

Anxiously awaiting the "in transit" status update!
ljk77 is offline   United_States
      05-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
shark330i
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

Hey there. Mine was produced in SA as well. Left the port of Durban about 11 days ago and is set to arrive at the port of Charleston on 5/12. It's on the vessel Grand Cosmos, which is now leaving E. London headed for the US. It took about a week or so when it left the factory to reach port, then almost a week to get on a vessel. If you call the 800 for OC, they have more up-to-date info. Your dealer can give you the vessel name and port of arrival. It's a long wait, but well worth it.
shark330i is offline   United_States
      05-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
usc gal
Private First Class

Drives: 335 sedan , prem, sports, nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark330i View Post
Hey there. Mine was produced in SA as well. Left the port of Durban about 11 days ago and is set to arrive at the port of Charleston on 5/12. It's on the vessel Grand Cosmos, which is now leaving E. London headed for the US. It took about a week or so when it left the factory to reach port, then almost a week to get on a vessel. If you call the 800 for OC, they have more up-to-date info. Your dealer can give you the vessel name and port of arrival. It's a long wait, but well worth it.
All cars made in South Africa BMW are shipped from Durban and usually take about 26 days to get to Germany . Now some ships like the one mind came on to Germany the Grand Orion went to Germany dropped off my car and took on cars headed to the East Coast. Ships that pick up cars in SA are MOL Lines which you cannot track. My car came to Port Huemene on the Toronto which is a WW ship and that took about 24 days from leaving Germany.

No cars come to the US from South Africa direct.
      05-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
shark330i
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

I know.
shark330i is offline   United_States