E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problems Bluetooth Nokia (8800) solved....

05-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
p996c2
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 318IS E30/335I E92/Alpina B5

Problems Bluetooth Nokia (8800) solved....

Hi everybody,

I had some problems getting my Nokia 8800 working with BT on my E92 335i,
today I found the below mentioned information. I tested it today and it seems to work.

I hope it could be helpfull for you (and that it is not a repost....) May be it works with other phones too, good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.expansys.nl/ft.aspx?k=67556

1st : Do the BT link as it's supposed to be. Search BT devices, link, set the password and connect. The first time everything works fine, doesn't it?
This is the same reason because it works fine using this workaround. Because the phone must be the connection originator instead of being the target device.

2nd : At your 8800 change the BT configuration for the device BMW ???? Set the Confirmation required option to YES.

3rd : Whenever you get into the car, it will try to connect to your phone. Just reject that incoming connection from the car.

4th: At your 8800, get into BT menu, Devices, select the BMW ???? and Connect. It will link and the sound will work. If it doesn't link at the first chance...
just retry, it will work after the car BT is ready again after the rejection.

5th : You must do this within 2 minutes after inserting the key. Beyond this time, car's BT won't respond to connection requests.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

interesting, even if a lilbit inconvenient

Appreciate 0