E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Just wanted to say "Hi"



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Smile Just wanted to say "Hi"

I've been lurking around and posting occasionally but not posting much because I didn't actually have a bimmer. Now I do (although it's still in Europe) so I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I live in Wilmington, DE but I figured posting in the PA regional area is close enough. I'm still trying to figure out what mods to get first when my car finally gets here. Any advice would be well appreciated. Thanks.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
OEKlM
Lieutenant General
OEKlM's Avatar
Philippines
112
Rep
10,396
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to OEKlM
nice pics in your journal... and welcome
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
nyalpine90
Major General
nyalpine90's Avatar
Colombia
96
Rep
9,107
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X3 28i carbon black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. & Bklyn

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2012 X3  [3.83]
Send a message via MSN to nyalpine90
welcome aboard bro

nice color...thats gonna be my next color

aw is a bitch to keep clean
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
karliejai
Da Kid
karliejai's Avatar
Hong Kong
55
Rep
4,577
Posts

 
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Livingston, NJ

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to karliejai
welcome
__________________


MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
fizzle's Avatar
United_States
186
Rep
17,440
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to fizzle
congrats and welcome!

first mod, no plate
second, ecu or piggyback
third, aero lip
fourth, kw v1s
5th, rims
6th, SSK (short shift kit)
7th, DPs

if you want more power i can continue
__________________
Rest In Peace, Dad 7/2/09 Miss you...

contact me for photoshoots/detailing
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
STE92VE's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
6,264
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Welcome to the forum! Enjoyed reading your journal about your ED...planning one myself for my next BMW.

This is an OK regional forum for DE and you can check out the the Mid -Atlantic states one as well. We have a member from Dover, DE , that contributes here.

You can also get much info from the general forum about mods and such.

Waiting for re-delivery is so stressful...Best of luck with your new ride when you 2 are reunited.
__________________
2007 E92 328i 6MT-Space Gray/Black Dakota/Gray Poplar w/heated seats-PCD 4/27/07 (SOLD)
2009 E90 328i xDrive 6AT-Space Gray/Oyster Dakota/Dark Burl Walnut w/ZPP,ZCW,Xenons-ED 4/17/09 - Redelivery 5/30/09 (SOLD)
2014 E84 xDrive28i 8AT-Alpine White/Black Nevada/Silver Matte w/ZMV,ZLP,494 - DD 3/14/14

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
cycler
Major General
cycler's Avatar
88
Rep
8,067
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
I've been lurking around and posting occasionally but not posting much because I didn't actually have a bimmer. Now I do (although it's still in Europe) so I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I live in Wilmington, DE but I figured posting in the PA regional area is close enough. I'm still trying to figure out what mods to get first when my car finally gets here. Any advice would be well appreciated. Thanks.
I did euro delivery also in Nov-Dec. Did you go anywhere beside Munich?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
STE92VE's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
6,264
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
I did euro delivery also in Nov-Dec. Did you go anywhere beside Munich?
Read his journal....
__________________
2007 E92 328i 6MT-Space Gray/Black Dakota/Gray Poplar w/heated seats-PCD 4/27/07 (SOLD)
2009 E90 328i xDrive 6AT-Space Gray/Oyster Dakota/Dark Burl Walnut w/ZPP,ZCW,Xenons-ED 4/17/09 - Redelivery 5/30/09 (SOLD)
2014 E84 xDrive28i 8AT-Alpine White/Black Nevada/Silver Matte w/ZMV,ZLP,494 - DD 3/14/14

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #9
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
welcome aboard bro

nice color...thats gonna be my next color

aw is a bitch to keep clean
I bet. It seems black picks up dust and dirt pretty easily too though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle
congrats and welcome!

first mod, no plate
second, ecu or piggyback
third, aero lip
fourth, kw v1s
5th, rims
6th, SSK (short shift kit)
7th, DPs

if you want more power i can continue
Not sure what "no plate" means. I'm with you on everything else except SSK since I have a step. No window tint? I think an adequate piggyback with DP's should be enough for me. Maybe CAI?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler
I did euro delivery also in Nov-Dec. Did you go anywhere beside Munich?
We went to London, Barcelona, Rome and Munich. We went to Munich last so I only had the car for a very short part of the trip.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
Dragonman4's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
3,712
Posts

 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tri-state

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
welcome dude
__________________
OG E90 Pwhore
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo Cobalt Blue (BLU 996) - 500+hp of mods.
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Batmobile) -TRD stuff
2009 Merc C-350: AMG package, loaded
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
Dragonman4's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
3,712
Posts

 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tri-state

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
I bet. It seems black picks up dust and dirt pretty easily too though.




Not sure what "no plate" means. I'm with you on everything else except SSK since I have a step. No window tint? I think an adequate piggyback with DP's should be enough for me. Maybe CAI?




We went to London, Barcelona, Rome and Munich. We went to Munich last so I only had the car for a very short part of the trip.
Sounds like an awesome trip. What fizz meant by no plate is no front license plate. In the US cars, the front bumper doesn't come with holes to mount the US plates so the dealer has to drill holes into your bumper.
__________________
OG E90 Pwhore
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo Cobalt Blue (BLU 996) - 500+hp of mods.
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Batmobile) -TRD stuff
2009 Merc C-350: AMG package, loaded
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
EastCoast335i
Colonel
EastCoast335i's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,069
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (4)

congrats and welcome to the newest addict
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #13
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
Sounds like an awesome trip. What fizz meant by no plate is no front license plate. In the US cars, the front bumper doesn't come with holes to mount the US plates so the dealer has to drill holes into your bumper.
Oh, definitely no front license plate. They aren't required in DE anyway. I did see an e90 at a Septa regional rail parking lot (either Marcus Hook or maybe Eddystone stop of the R2 line) that had the ED license plate on the front but it looked bolted on.

Thanks everyone for the "welcomes".
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Sal@AUTOcouture
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
143
Rep
9,656
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
If you enjoy SAVING money, stay off the forum....thats my advice to you



welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
If you enjoy SAVING money, stay off the forum....thats my advice to you



welcome!
Too late, I'm already spending money I don't have.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
jrebeiro
Private First Class
2
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Monmouth County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Nice

Welcome! I'm a n00b myself

I got pulled over in my last car for not having a front license plate a few times. And my car already had the license plate frame bolted on... I'd personally leave it on and not draw attention to myself.. but that's just me. The car will also not pass NJ inspection without a front license plate... I also got rejected for that! If you are leasing the car in NJ it won't matter since you get a 4-year registration and dealer inspection which lasts 4 years so by the time you return the car.. the license plate issue is someone else's problem. When they CPO the car they will throw the license plate frame on it anyway so who cares.
__________________

2006 325xi - Heated Seats.... *sigh*
Mods: Homelink/Auto-Dim/Compass Mirror DIY, Sirius DIY, Harman/Kardon Drive+Play, Escort Passport 8500 X50 Hardwire with Integrated Smartcord DIY
Coming Soon: Bluetooth/BMW Assist DIY
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebeiro View Post
Nice

Welcome! I'm a n00b myself

I got pulled over in my last car for not having a front license plate a few times. And my car already had the license plate frame bolted on... I'd personally leave it on and not draw attention to myself.. but that's just me. The car will also not pass NJ inspection without a front license plate... I also got rejected for that! If you are leasing the car in NJ it won't matter since you get a 4-year registration and dealer inspection which lasts 4 years so by the time you return the car.. the license plate issue is someone else's problem. When they CPO the car they will throw the license plate frame on it anyway so who cares.
I shouldn't have those problems in Delaware. I do drive through NJ once a week to go to church. I think I'll chance it without the plate.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
jrebeiro
Private First Class
2
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Monmouth County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
I shouldn't have those problems in Delaware. I do drive through NJ once a week to go to church. I think I'll chance it without the plate.
If your state does not require front plates then NJ will leave you alone. They will only pull you over for it if you had NJ plates.

You're fine.
__________________

2006 325xi - Heated Seats.... *sigh*
Mods: Homelink/Auto-Dim/Compass Mirror DIY, Sirius DIY, Harman/Kardon Drive+Play, Escort Passport 8500 X50 Hardwire with Integrated Smartcord DIY
Coming Soon: Bluetooth/BMW Assist DIY
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #19
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebeiro View Post
If your state does not require front plates then NJ will leave you alone. They will only pull you over for it if you had NJ plates.

You're fine.
Perfect. Now I just have to make sure no one drills holes in my front bumper.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
Dragonman4's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
3,712
Posts

 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tri-state

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
Perfect. Now I just have to make sure no one drills holes in my front bumper.
Yea, I'd call the dealer when your car is on its way to them just to remind them. I remember some people here saying they specifically told their dealers not to drill holes but they did anyway because the CA forgot.
__________________
OG E90 Pwhore
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo Cobalt Blue (BLU 996) - 500+hp of mods.
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Batmobile) -TRD stuff
2009 Merc C-350: AMG package, loaded
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #21
stressdoc
Moderator
stressdoc's Avatar
Dominica
139
Rep
10,169
Posts

 
Drives: F80 YMB
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO

iTrader: (0)

Reading your ED review was like listening to a mental twin.

My favorite mod is the M-sport steering wheel and other interior bits. Not expensive (get one from Qabeli), and yet something that you appreciate every time you drive the car.

To get into the expensive stuff, I like to have a balanced package, and following the M-sport/M3 mold is a safe road to travel. LSD, Bilstein ride controls, Hotchkis sways, forged rims (18") and extreme performance non-rfts, and then a tune. Jim Conforti is someone to watch.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #22
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Reading your ED review was like listening to a mental twin.

My favorite mod is the M-sport steering wheel and other interior bits. Not expensive (get one from Qabeli), and yet something that you appreciate every time you drive the car.

To get into the expensive stuff, I like to have a balanced package, and following the M-sport/M3 mold is a safe road to travel. LSD, Bilstein ride controls, Hotchkis sways, forged rims (18") and extreme performance non-rfts, and then a tune. Jim Conforti is someone to watch.
I like the way you think.

I hadn't thought of the M sport steering wheel but I think it just rocketed to the top of my list.

I thought the LSD would be out of my price range but will reevaluate.

Bilstein over KW, interesting.

Definitely need to take a closer look at the Hotchkis kit.

I was just looking for some lightweight forged 18"-ers but will have to save up a bit for that plus non-rft tire package.

I've been following the talk around tuning, especially since I have a MSD81 build car. This "Sharktune" concept sounds great. I was initially leaning toward Procede then Attache since they are local but I'll take a wait and see approach.

Great suggestions overall, thanks!
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST