E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > DVD ripping?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
RIPPING does not work guys, its for music cd's only.. any more help?

been struggling for over a week now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I filmed something onto a mini dvd, its now processed and plays on dvd players. Now some questions.

1) how do i get it onto my computer?

Ie to upload to youtube or whatever?!


Thanks DF

Carlos
we may be flogging a dead horse here, but here goes

You CAN rip DVD's. Just download DVDdecypter like wot I told you.

That will put the film on your hard drive, but it will probably be in a DVD format so no good for youtube.

You need to convert it to avi or wmv format using something like this:

http://www.winavi.com/en/video-conve...-converter.htm
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #24
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Of course not

Download and use this programme to rip the DVD:

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

It will remove any copy protection and make it 'region free'
Ive downloaded this software mayte and ''decrypting'' the dvd i filmed. This wont wreck the orignal disc though will it?

will it let me cut and edit bits also?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #25
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Ive downloaded this software mayte and ''decrypting'' the dvd i filmed. This wont wreck the orignal disc though will it?

will it let me cut and edit bits also?
It won't harm your disc at all.

Editing compressed mp2/VOB files is not something most editing packages like doing (Premiere etc. can turn up their noses at that idea - especially with the compressed audio). If you want to go that way, best to convert them to some sort of AVI. You'll find quite a few tools that can do that (VirtualDubMod is quite good). You can also try by making a copy of your main VOB files and simply renaming them ending in avi/mpg. Will depend on what codecs you have on your PC.

If you want to edit the VOB files (which DVD Decrypter can back up), MPEG Video Wizard from www.womble,com is quite good. Then you need a tool to convert those to a format for YouTube. Remember YouTube uses 30fps (US origin).

This is the main reason that DVD Camcorders are basically utter pants, not ideal for editing - that and the fact that they simply don't work when bolted into a car and put under shocks/loads. BIG

D
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
thsi is actuALLY doing my fooking head in now.

Ive decypted it, its saved int he weirdest place, and now media player cant even play it
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #27
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
It won't harm your disc at all.

Editing compressed mp2/VOB files is not something most editing packages like doing (Premiere etc. can turn up their noses at that idea - especially with the compressed audio). If you want to go that way, best to convert them to some sort of AVI. You'll find quite a few tools that can do that (VirtualDubMod is quite good). You can also try by making a copy of your main VOB files and simply renaming them ending in avi/mpg. Will depend on what codecs you have on your PC.

If you want to edit the VOB files (which DVD Decrypter can back up), MPEG Video Wizard from www.womble,com is quite good. Then you need a tool to convert those to a format for YouTube. Remember YouTube uses 30fps (US origin).

This is the main reason that DVD Camcorders are basically utter pants, not ideal for editing - that and the fact that they simply don't work when bolted into a car and put under shocks/loads. BIG

D
Dave, the only problem i have dude is i have NOOOOOO fcuking clue about computers.

So all that didnt really mean anything to me and im seriously struggling here, ARGH
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #28
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

So all that didnt really mean anything to me and im seriously struggling here, ARGH
OK.

I'll talk you through it.

Did you use DVD Decrypter to back up to files (video_ts folders) etc ?

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #29
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Right so far, ive stuck dvd in drive, dycypted it and now its stored on my E: drive and when i click to play it, it now says its not supported!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #30
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Right so far, ive stuck dvd in drive, dycypted it and now its stored on my E: drive and when i click to play it, it now says its not supported!

Saved as what exactly ? A big ISO file (*.iso) or a set of folders ?

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #31
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
Saved as what exactly ? A big ISO file (*.iso) or a set of folders ?

D.
Dont want to make things harder here, but i aint got clue what its saved as mate?!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #32
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Dont want to make things harder here, but i aint got clue what its saved as mate?!
Is it saved as a single file. You can at least see that ?

Is your laptop setup to show file extensions ? Do you see the file extension on a file ? e.g. is "readme.doc" shown as that, or only "readme" ?

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #33
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
It is saved as a ''BUP'' file, there are several files. But the one that looks like a ''media playewr'' file is a BUP one!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #34
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
It is saved as a ''BUP'' file, there are several files. But the one that looks like a ''media playewr'' file is a BUP one!
Right it has placed then in a folder called VIDEO_TS.

Ignore the BUP files.

You will have a few files that end in VOB. i.e. VTS_01_1.VOB etc.

These contain the video data.

If you make a copy of one of those files (just copy and then paste, it'll make a "copy_of_VTS_01_1.VOB" file). Then rename this file from copy_of_VTS_01_1.VOB to copy_of_VTS_01_1.avi (your PC will ask if you really want to do this - say Yes). That might now play with your Media Player.

To edit the VOB download the test version of MPEG Video Wizard DVD - it can work on the VOB files diectly.

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #35
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
right Dave, what you said has happened. Although i dont know how to distungiish whats what,
i copied a vob file as you said and it played in media player with all 5 18-20min vids.

How do i now get them individually with an easy name to remember ?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #36
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
right Dave, what you said has happened. Although i dont know how to distungiish whats what,
i copied a vob file as you said and it played in media player with all 5 18-20min vids.

How do i now get them individually with an easy name to remember ?
Ok, you can rename the copies you made anything you want - just keep the new endings on them. But you should really be working/editing the original VOB files.

You mention you have 5 separate files ? What file size are those ?

What exactly would you like to have now ? What do you want to do ?

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #37
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
If you make a copy of one of those files (just copy and then paste, it'll make a "copy_of_VTS_01_1.VOB" file). Then rename this file from copy_of_VTS_01_1.VOB to copy_of_VTS_01_1.avi (your PC will ask if you really want to do this - say Yes). That might now play with your Media Player.
Cool little trick Dave !
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST