E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > whos conservative and whos liberal



View Poll Results: whats your political views?
republican/conservative 26 53.06%
democrat/liberal 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #45
Solonng
Captain
79

 
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida


Posts: 829
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
...and no we are not laughing with you...

alright, you win..you're not a communist..are you a socialist? can you share some of your money with me pls? i'm desperately in need of it for crack money. pls help!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #46
flyinb501
Lieutenant
17

 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How are you keeping the money with the 400% gas price increase, 100% energy increase, huge % food price increase and so on... Did your salary/income go up by more than 400% in 8 years? If not, you're not keeping your money...
That's why he is a conservative. The democrats are the ones causing the problems you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #47
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
That's why he is a conservative. The democrats are the ones causing the problems you mentioned.
I don't remember under Democrats any of this insane price increases happening and any of insane Government spending -- causing prices increase -- happening and record deficit, and so on...
Please take a realistic approach to all this as the last 8 years are the worst in our recent history from ANY stand -- economic, world relation ship, inflation/prices...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #48
flyinb501
Lieutenant
17

 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

The democrats are the ones that are killing our economy with all this "green" hype. The democrats are the ones that want to use food for energy, and the democrats are the ones that will not let us drill and refine our own oil. Democrats kill the economy...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #49
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
The democrats are the ones that are killing our economy with all this "green" hype. The democrats are the ones that want to use food for energy, and the democrats are the ones that will not let us drill and refine our own oil. Democrats kill the economy...
"Green Hype"???
Are you out of your f'n mind!
The whole world (WHOLE -- 100%) has realized that we're driving this world into darkness and we're still debating that???

Get real, use your damn head and stop promoting that materialistic crap that will drive you under like Bush has already driven this country way under...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #50
flyinb501
Lieutenant
17

 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
"Green Hype"???
Are you out of your f'n mind!
The whole world (WHOLE -- 100%) has realized that we're driving this world into darkness and we're still debating that???

Get real, use your damn head and stop promoting that materialistic crap that will drive you under like Bush has already driven this country way under...
How come none of this can be proven? You libs have such negative attitudes... The sky is falling! We're all gonna die! We're going into a depression! Give me a break. There is no such thing as global warming. It is just another way that the government is taking away our liberties, redistributing wealth, and killing capitalism. Just one more step towards socialism, which is why I understand that you are all for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #51
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
How come none of this can be proven? You libs have such negative attitudes... The sky is falling! We're all gonna die! We're going into a depression! Give me a break. There is no such thing as global warming. It is just another way that the government is taking away our liberties, redistributing wealth, and killing capitalism. Just one more step towards socialism, which is why I understand that you are all for it.
Again, you prove how narrow minded you are...
You only look at it from the Republican money hungry perspective ignoring the rest of the world... It should not be a political battle but as everywhere in Europe -- concern of all citizens.
It is very obvious that the polution levels are at highest in history. Do you claim that is beneficial to us? It is proven that the CO2 levels are the highest in millions of years. Is that also beneficial to us? It is also proven and obvious that the earth IS indeed much warmer than what we knew about -- just look at the greenland shape, look at the animal migrations, look at the fruit blooming...if you even know what I'm talking about...
Look at the climate variations -- hurricane in Europe last year -- NEVER happened before...

Are we the only cause of it -- most likely not. Can we contribute to improve it -- definitely yes. Is the US the largest contributor to it -- definitely.

Involving the politics into this matter that will concern our children is plain ridiculous...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #52
Neurorad
Major
39

 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location


Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
How come none of this can be proven? You libs have such negative attitudes... The sky is falling! We're all gonna die! We're going into a depression! Give me a break. There is no such thing as global warming. It is just another way that the government is taking away our liberties, redistributing wealth, and killing capitalism. Just one more step towards socialism, which is why I understand that you are all for it.
:finger:

Grow up, chump.

Turn off Fox. They lie to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #53
FirstClass
Brigadier General
35

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Again, you prove how narrow minded you are...
You only look at it from the Republican money hungry perspective ignoring the rest of the world... It should not be a political battle but as everywhere in Europe -- concern of all citizens.
It is very obvious that the polution levels are at highest in history. Do you claim that is beneficial to us? It is proven that the CO2 levels are the highest in millions of years. Is that also beneficial to us? It is also proven and obvious that the earth IS indeed much warmer than what we knew about -- just look at the greenland shape, look at the animal migrations, look at the fruit blooming...if you even know what I'm talking about...
Look at the climate variations -- hurricane in Europe last year -- NEVER happened before...

Are we the only cause of it -- most likely not. Can we contribute to improve it -- definitely yes. Is the US the largest contributor to it -- definitely.

Involving the politics into this matter that will concern our children is plain ridiculous...
Cow flatulence contributes more greenhouses gases than every car in the entire world according to the UN, I can't make this stuff up. Are you going to tell me I can't eat beef or drink milk anymore? Because that would reduce greenhouse gases more than changing the emissions requirements for cars. (Not that better emissions are a bad thing)
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
60

 
Sam12345's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal


Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Sam12345
Corrupted Communism Ftw!
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #55
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Cow flatulence contributes more greenhouses gases than every car in the entire world according to the UN, I can't make this stuff up. Are you going to tell me I can't eat beef or drink milk anymore? Because that would reduce greenhouse gases more than changing the emissions requirements for cars. (Not that better emissions are a bad thing)
Cows have been there before our little inventions of electricity, cars and other pollutants...
THe CO2 numbers and climate change heavily accelerated during and after the latest huge industrial revolution in the last quarter of 20th century.
Therefore, to anyone with a little brain it is obvious that it has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism, but something else...
It could also be the current phase of the Sun that greatly contributs to this change, but definitely not alone...

And as the Neuro suggested -- quit watching FOX, get your head examined, then lets talk...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #56
92tripleblack
Lieutenant
15

 
Drives: e93 AW Saddle, Spt, Prem
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Windermere, FL (Mickey)


Posts: 500
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Again, you prove how narrow minded you are...
You only look at it from the Republican money hungry perspective ignoring the rest of the world... It should not be a political battle but as everywhere in Europe -- concern of all citizens.
It is very obvious that the polution levels are at highest in history. Do you claim that is beneficial to us? It is proven that the CO2 levels are the highest in millions of years. Is that also beneficial to us? It is also proven and obvious that the earth IS indeed much warmer than what we knew about -- just look at the greenland shape, look at the animal migrations, look at the fruit blooming...if you even know what I'm talking about...
Look at the climate variations -- hurricane in Europe last year -- NEVER happened before...

Are we the only cause of it -- most likely not. Can we contribute to improve it -- definitely yes. Is the US the largest contributor to it -- definitely.

Involving the politics into this matter that will concern our children is plain ridiculous...
Is the climate changing?
Yes
Has it always been changing?
Yes
Why do some feel we need to have everything remain constant. Species go extinct and new ones rise naturally. The climate changes from Ice to desert in cycles naturally.
We just came off the coldest winter on record worldwide. That's over 100 years record keeping. To quote my buddie in Chicago,"If I see Al Gore I'm gonna stab him in the heart with an Icicle."
Are CO2 levels up? Yes. Is the US the biggest contributor? Yes. Are we the worlds largest industrial power? Yes. Do I care? No. I have a bumper sticker on my oversized SUV over the tailpipe that says "I'm changing the environment. Ask me how." Sorry, but I don't care. This is the first year I ever recycled anything, ever. Never lived anywhere that recycled before.

Sorry, but you gotta stop drinking the kool-aid you get from Communist Network News. Gore got the peace prize, I won't call it Nobel, because the Euros, France in particular, wanted to give the finger to Bush, and not because the science was any good. Why? Because they are jealous of the US and as they have publically stated, they want to be a balancing force in the world to counter the US. Not because its right, but because they feel they should be the rightful rulers of the world. Who is a 200+ year old country to tell them what to do. Sorry, but that's the reality. Wanna lower C02? Make nuke plants. It ain't the cars. Its the power plants. This is why Europe has lower emmissions than us. They use nuke.

And yes, cow farts do emit more C02 than all the cars. Again, it ain't the cars.
__________________
2008 E93 SC Deliv. 6/08, AW/Saddle, Sport, Prem, 6MT, CA, Ipod, Passthru, JB3 1.22, 19" Linea Corse Lemans, Mich PS2, V1, Laser Interceptor, Garmin 260W. Soon: Aerokit, Tint
08 C300 White/Black, AMG Wheels, Sport, Prem 1, Pan Roof, Ipod, Auto (Hers)
05 Armada LE 4x4
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #57
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tripleblack View Post
Wanna lower C02? Make nuke plants. It ain't the cars. Its the power plants. This is why Europe has lower emmissions than us. They use nuke.

And yes, cow farts do emit more C02 than all the cars. Again, it ain't the cars.
First of all -- stop involving the politics in this. I don't care who made money of it -- Gore or Bush...
And for your Europe claim -- another proof you have no clue.
Europe always had cleaner fuel than we do have, Europeans know how to drive and most of their cities have regulated traffic lights to help the flow, where our cities dont -- stop and go traffic is way more polluting than flowing traffic...

Get your facts straight...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #58
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
79

 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA


Posts: 2,364
iTrader: (0)

I can never get past teh social commentary made by Mr. Smith in The Matrix, that humanity is a plauge, avirus on this Earth. I know there are solutions out there to change the consumption we have grown accustomed to. I fight it every day in my own home. Turn OFF THE F#$KING LIGHT WHEN YOU LEAVE THE ROOM!!!!!!!

I am non-partisan. I WISH I could pay more taxes to get my roads fixed and the traffic lights synchronized. I think my kid does very well in public education, as did I years ago. But I participate in his education. I make sure he does his homework from school, AND I and my wife home-school in addition to that. I help the school and go as a chaperone on field trips. It was fun!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #59
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
49

 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I WISH I could pay more taxes to get my roads fixed and the traffic lights synchronized.
Write a check, I am sure your city, county, or state will gladly cash it.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #60
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
79

 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA


Posts: 2,364
iTrader: (0)

Sometimes I have. I bought the bucket of asphalt repair and did it myself because I got tired of swerving into oncoming traffic or clanking thru the potholes.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #61
dr335is
Brigadier General
77

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sometimes I have. I bought the bucket of asphalt repair and did it myself because I got tired of swerving into oncoming traffic or clanking thru the potholes.
It is sad you have to do that while the Gov't wasted $1T in some other country to accomplish...nothing...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #62
flyinb501
Lieutenant
17

 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tripleblack View Post
Is the climate changing?
Yes
Has it always been changing?
Yes
Why do some feel we need to have everything remain constant. Species go extinct and new ones rise naturally. The climate changes from Ice to desert in cycles naturally.
We just came off the coldest winter on record worldwide. That's over 100 years record keeping. To quote my buddie in Chicago,"If I see Al Gore I'm gonna stab him in the heart with an Icicle."
Are CO2 levels up? Yes. Is the US the biggest contributor? Yes. Are we the worlds largest industrial power? Yes. Do I care? No. I have a bumper sticker on my oversized SUV over the tailpipe that says "I'm changing the environment. Ask me how." Sorry, but I don't care. This is the first year I ever recycled anything, ever. Never lived anywhere that recycled before.

Sorry, but you gotta stop drinking the kool-aid you get from Communist Network News. Gore got the peace prize, I won't call it Nobel, because the Euros, France in particular, wanted to give the finger to Bush, and not because the science was any good. Why? Because they are jealous of the US and as they have publically stated, they want to be a balancing force in the world to counter the US. Not because its right, but because they feel they should be the rightful rulers of the world. Who is a 200+ year old country to tell them what to do. Sorry, but that's the reality. Wanna lower C02? Make nuke plants. It ain't the cars. Its the power plants. This is why Europe has lower emmissions than us. They use nuke.

And yes, cow farts do emit more C02 than all the cars. Again, it ain't the cars.
Awesome points tripleblack! I can relate with your chicago friend, living in Minnesota. We had the worse winter! The cooling we've had in the last year has negated 100 years of warming! We do a lot of activities on the lakes up here and the water is 10 degrees cooler this year than what it was last year at this time. Absolutely freezing! Living up here makes me wish we could create global warming...

I'm all for less polution and protecting our envrionment, but this has just gotten out of control and our economy is suffering badly because of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #63
attorneyscott
Smokin' a Siglo VI...
United_States
13

 
attorneyscott's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i, Dinan Stage 3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 275
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Yahoo to attorneyscott
Moderate. Why can't I pick that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
:finger:

Grow up, chump.

Turn off Fox. They lie to you.
+1

Anyone who thinks our government and our corporation's half-ass efforts at "going green" are killing the economy is high, stupid, or both; probably Fox watchers. A gullible lot they are, aren't they? Please click on the following link, it's very entertaining:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/16/...fox-knowledge/

What's killing the economy, besides the goddamn DEFICIT that your "conservative" president "W" has saddled us with, is the extremely weak dollar, the credit crisis, out-of-control energy prices (again, thanks W), the ever-shrinking buying power of our ever-shrinking middle class, and our government's complete lack of spine when it comes to standing up to corporations, just to name a few culprits. The last eight years has proven that government by Corporations and for Corporations is very BAD for average Americans.

Extreme conservatism has failed this country miserably - surely no one with a lick of sense would argue that against the idea that the Bush administration has had its strings pulled by conservative extremists since day 1 (read: the NeoCon movement). Extremism in any form, conservative or liberal, should be avoided.

The Dems have some blame in this too - lots actually. Especially since they've controlled Congress for two plus years and have yet to reign in the staggeringly incompetent Bush administration.

Personally, I'm moderate for the most part, but will vote Democratic because the Repubs are in bed with the "Christian" Conservatives who scare the hell out of me, and are even more in bed with Corporate America than the Dems. Also, I'm firmly convinced that Barack Obama has a triple-digit IQ - McCain, not so much.
__________________
'08 E92 335i black sapphire/saddle, 6MT, sport/prem., CA, PDC, Sirius, Ipod/usb, HDR, Htd. Sts., Dinan Stage 3 flash/oil cooler/intercooler/exhaust/Stage 3 susp., MORR VS7's, Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3s, BMW Perf. Parts STSK, Dinan/Quaife 3.08 LSD!!
'06 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged; Zambezi Silver/Ivory/Piano Black Wood, SICK NASTY In Car Entertainment - seriously, will make your brain bleed

Last edited by attorneyscott; 06-02-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: make it better
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST