E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 320si New cylinder head or could it be new engine needed?

06-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #67
3_toed_tree_sloth
Private First Class

Drives: ZiL-41047

Just thinking, has the fact that the car has obviously been standing contributed to the deteriation of the brake pads, the disks would have been oxidised more than would be typical and could possibly have contributed to quicker wear on their reacquaintance with the pads.
Either that of the stealer have been doing high speed stops for a laugh as they must be sick of the sight of your car by now.

Last edited by 3_toed_tree_sloth; 06-09-2008 at 08:44 AM.
      06-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #68
ShereKhan
Captain

Drives: 2010 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi SE

Garage List
2006 E90 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_toed_tree_sloth View Post
Just thinking, has the fact that the car has obviously been standing contributed to the deteriation of the brake pads, the disks would have been oxidised more than would be typical and could possibly have contributed to quicker wear on their reacquaintance with the pads.
Either that of the stealer have been doing high speed stops for a laugh as they must be sick of your of the sight of your car by now.
Hmm I did think about the tyre pressures being low as the car has been standing for 5 weeks. Didn't think about the disks/pads. Strange that the indicator for the front pads are still at the same mileage for service on the OBC.

I tend to agree that the stealer is sick of my car. Some while back the local assist guy mentioned to me that he had seen mine in the stealers quite often.

Shame I have to take it in for rear brakes+fluid change in a few weeks. Any idea how long this takes? If its more than a day - I'll have to organise a day off to sit at the garage (doubt if cc will be available so soon).
ShereKhan is offline   United Kingdom
      06-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #69
CrimsonRedE93
Major

Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+

Garage List
Glad you got it back SK and it seems OK at the moment

Get those miles out of the way and wind her up
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom