E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Barack and Roll ---> "Change We Can Believe In"

06-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #111
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 328I Sedan

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonng View Post
stop robbing people of their money..damn liberals!
only in Florida. I hate being a Liberal especially all that money we rob for wars we don't support. damn Liberals!
JOSG328I is offline   United_States
      06-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #112
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Rupert Murdoch? When did he join the administration?
When he and former republican media advisor Roger Ailes decided to create a media corporation that has effectively become a mouth piece for this administration and the right wing point of view.

Quote:
Yes, a response that shows the ignorance of your previous assertion.
What's ignorant is your single minded support of this misconceived, misadvised, misguided and mismananged war that's a drain on our resources and our economy and has done absolutely nothing to make us safer; infact quite the opposite.

Quote:
I am not aware that Halliburton enjoys a "priviledged" status as a contractor.
... and you call me ignorant???

Quote:
I would hope Halliburton has made a profit as they provide invaluable services in theater. I also believe that they are a publically traded corporation so if you are interested in their profits, I am sure you could find out.
Yes, I'm sure you're all for war profiteering.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      06-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #113
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
I guess if you read it that way,that is not my intention. I am saying that I am dissatisfied with our governments performance in the tasks they are responsible for, or should I say the tasks I feel they are responsible for like Education, Healthcare. But how are you getting that I am looking to give more money to do more tasks? Are these not tasks they should already be focusing on? Key word in my statement is "if" it takses more money.

I am willing to give money for a return on a better healthcare system and more stable funding for our education system and more available resources for education in inner cities that lack funding our children are our future are they not? If it is possible off of our current taxing than great but if I lose 5 dollars on a paycheck to see these things help revamp our falling infrastructure I will gladly join in for your future, my future and our kids future.

I feel our elected officials can do this job if we washed this party line BS and worked together but until then I will say that I am very dissastified in there performance as a government and looking out for there fellow countrymen.

I guess I would like to say I have hope which seems like there is definitely a lack of in our country right now.
What evidence do you have that throwing more money to the public school system will yield better results? The District of Columbia spends an enormous amount of money on its school system ($14K+ per student a year) and fails miserably. The solution to the failing public schools is not more money but competition. The inner city kids you are so concerned about would benefit much more from being given the choices that wealthier families have, a choice in what school they attend. Public education is the only field I can think of where if you continually fail in your primary mission, you get to keep your job and get more money to fail with next time.

Even more so than education, which states and local communities do have a responsibility for; the government, especially at the federal level has no responsibility for health care. The reason we have this "party line BS" and will not "work together" is because a large number of Americans do not want the government involved in their health care. Which government agency have you ever dealt with that delivered its services in such an effective and efficient manner that you would want to entrust them with your health?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      06-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #114
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
When he and former republican media advisor Roger Ailes decided to create a media corporation that has effectively become a mouth piece for this administration and the right wing point of view.
Would that be the same Rupert Murdoch who supported Hillary Clinton this year?

Murdoch is a private citizen with no role in the government.

Are you going to show us who sold the war with a promise of cheap oil or just admit you were wrong?

Quote:
What's ignorant is your single minded support of this misconceived, misadvised, misguided and mismananged war that's a drain on our resources and our economy and has done absolutely nothing to make us safer; infact quite the opposite.
Nice try, but the issue remains. What reason for continuing our efforts in Iraq is being given now that was not stated before the war?

Quote:
... and you call me ignorant???
Yes, and you prove it more and more with each post. Would you like to explain what a "privileged contractor status" is or is this just another talking point that you simply repeat without being able to substantiate?

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure you're all for war profiteering.
Do you work for free?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #115
LuisSF
Major

Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Do you work for free?
No, but profiting off of the destruction of our future and lies is deceitful and disgraceful.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...future+classic
      06-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #116
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
No, but profiting off of the destruction of our future and lies is deceitful and disgraceful.
Then I guess Halliburton is good to go then. They are not profiting off of the destruction of our future or lies.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #117
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Then I guess Halliburton is good to go then. They are not profiting off of the destruction of our future or lies.
I think I still own some Haliburton stock. How are they doing?

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #118
LuisSF
Major

Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Sure they are. Sole-sourced by their crony Cheney.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...future+classic