E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How long after getting a chassis number will my order take?

06-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
framerate

Drives: '08 E92 330i SE Arctic

Question How long after getting a chassis number will my order take?

Hi all,

I ordered my first BMW last week (330i E92) and have just been called by the dealer and told it's been assigned a chassis number and should arrive much sooner than the originally quoted 30th of August.

Does having a chassis number give any indication of whereabouts it is in the production process? I had a quick search around the forums to try and work out how to track the order but most of the information seems to be U.S.-centric.

My previous cars have all been Toyota Yariss (Yarii?) so needless to say I'm excitedly waiting my E92
framerate is offline   United Kingdom
      06-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel

Drives: E61 M Sport + 924 Turbo

Garage List
It could be anywhere from being allocated a build slot hence now having a chassis number to actually being on the line itself. The dealer will have the info if he is willing to share with you. He will also have a 'due to dealer' date as well. Give him a call saying you are in the process of organising your insurance and need these dates to work to.

He may also be teeing you up for an August delivery to fit in with his sales targets rather than wait for the plate change in September. Depends whether this bothers you or not.
Carrera RSR is offline   England