E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Assael BMW Bad | Savage BMW Great!

07-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
AoshichanX
Brigadier General

Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Assael BMW Bad | Savage BMW Great!

So I went to Assael cause it was nearby. I was browsing and enjoying myself and found the car I wanted: sapphire black barebones with no options. So I went to look for a salesman. There were at least 10 of them standing around but no one was willing to help. I finally got a hold of one, and told him the car I wanted. Right off the bat he tells me "I've been in this business for 25 years and I don't mess around. Messing around just wastes my time and your time." WTF? Huh???

So I ignore his snide comment and proceed to check out interior of my beautiful sapphire black. It was all good. So I tell him, "I am ready to buy today if you give me the price I want. I've done my research." He replies, "I have heard that line a million times."

Again, I ignore his comment and we proceeded to his sales office. I saw the chairs they had and commented how nice they were--remembering seeing them at The Great Indoors. He replies, "Heh, yeah they are $800 so be careful."

At this point I am already disliking this sales guy even more, but since Assael was the only place with sapphire black, I decided to see what he could offer. He gave me a price that was $800 more than what Savage had offered me, so I refused and counter offered. He replied "Usually at Assael we don't mess around and employees like me have power to settle price but your price is just too ridiculous and I have to ask my manager." Certainly his circular logic is compelling .

He comes back and obviously we don't have a deal. I feel highly mistreated as customer. They have a HUGE inventory...I wonder how they stay in business _@.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Instead I got mine from Savage BMW at $800 over invoice. Johnny Peng was my salesman and he tossed in a bunch of minor extras(key chain mug + custom floormats). The interesting thing was that prior to Savage BMW I had no clue about Edmunds etc. It was Johnny who printed out the Edmunds invoice and explained how much he is making for commission etc. One week after I got the car I got chocolates in the mail with ice packs to ensure it did not melt.

A+ from me.

Too bad about that joy ride incident in 2004 :/ I was browsing this forum and found that

BTW the car I wanted was not in stock, so he got it from Santa Monica BMW. I got a Jet Black 335i + navigation (no other options). Assael had the only sapphire black with no options and I think they refused to hand it over to Savage. Oh well!
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
      11-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell

Drives: 335i jt blk/lemon

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
I had the same experience

I walked into Assael on a Sunday evening because I happened to be in the neighborhood. There were no other people shopping but there were about six sales guys standing around outside the front door, too busy talking to each other to see if I needed any help.

I was ready to buy if I found the right deal, even had a pre-approval from my loan company. After a few minutes, I walked off the lot...I only stuck around as long as I did because my 7-year old had to use the bathroom (I hope his aim was bad).

Anyway, I ended up going with Will Shaw and Jason Serlot from Long Beach BMW. These guys have been straight up with me from day one and I've always like how they've handled this transaction. Just based on customer service alone, these guys will get my repeat business. For a first time BMW buyer, this was hugely important to me. I ordered a jet black/lemon interior 2008 335i with nav, sport, premium, winter, ipod, and Sirius. Delivery date is 1/8/08 and I'm going crazy with anticipation. Oh, and they got me better financing then my pre-approval company (USAA) through BMW despite the fact that USAA had been advertising some of the best rates around.

Last edited by nmcampbell; 11-12-2007 at 09:45 PM.
nmcampbell is offline   United_States
      12-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
mactigger

Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcampbell View Post
I walked into Assael on a Sunday evening because I happened to be in the neighborhood. There were no other people shopping but there were about six sales guys standing around outside the front door, too busy talking to each other to see if I needed any help.

I was ready to buy if I found the right deal, even had a pre-approval from my loan company. After a few minutes, I walked off the lot...I only stuck around as long as I did because my 7-year old had to use the bathroom (I hope his aim was bad).

Anyway, I ended up going with Will Shaw and Jason Serlot from Long Beach BMW. These guys have been straight up with me from day one and I've always like how they've handled this transaction. Just based on customer service alone, these guys will get my repeat business. For a first time BMW buyer, this was hugely important to me. I ordered a jet black/lemon interior 2008 335i with nav, sport, premium, winter, ipod, and Sirius. Delivery date is 1/8/08 and I'm going crazy with anticipation. Oh, and they got me better financing then my pre-approval company (USAA) through BMW despite the fact that USAA had been advertising some of the best rates around.

Check out my other posts. But in a nutshell I went to Robert Behr at Long Beach and had the same experience. Up front, to the point, and he is well familiar in ED (European Delivery, not the other ED we have come to know!)

Assael sucks. I had dealings with them. They are arrogant and greedy. I really do wonder how they stay in business!!
      04-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Ch3rry_m3
Captain

Drives: E93,E63,E60,E89

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [2.68]
2007 328i  [0.00]
my dad was a finance manager there... he hated that dealer lol
Ch3rry_m3 is offline   United_States
      05-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
ae8t6ix
Friends don't let friends apex early

Drives: 2006 E90 325I

Garage List
1985 Corolla GT-s  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Assael BMW can kiss my @$$ worst customer service. For me it was their service department that killed it. My adaptive headlight failed when I took it back they were like hmmmm...oh I guess your right it's still broken....no sh!t, don't you guys check anything after you fix it. No apology, no compensation just another well when can you drop it off again, I'm sorry if taking time out of my work day just so you can fix something a second time really bothers me. Anyways, that's just one of several incidents that I've had to deal with their horrid customer service. Stay away from there!
ae8t6ix is offline   United_States
      05-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
E92-Lighting
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
I finally got a hold of one, and told him the car I wanted. Right off the bat he tells me "I've been in this business for 25 years and I don't mess around. Messing around just wastes my time and your time." WTF? Huh???

So I ignore his snide comment and proceed to check out interior of my beautiful sapphire black. It was all good. So I tell him, "I am ready to buy today if you give me the price I want. I've done my research." He replies, "I have heard that line a million times."

what else can i say, we know not to go there
      06-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
jaks
Registered

Drives: 2006 330i

Seems like their nickname of A--hole BMW is well deserved. You must have talked to the same salesman I dealt with about 7 years ago. He used the exact phrasing back then that he used on you.

I went there to shop for a 325i and asked if they had any manuals in stock. They didn't, so then I asked if they would mind if I could test drive one of their autos with the same packages I was interested in so I could get a feel for the car. After all, there's more to a car than the transmission - I wanted to evaluate the ride, handling, refinement, etc. I had never driven a BMW at that point and wanted to try it out. He flat out refused and said in a very confrontational way, "Why should I waste my time with you when I know you're not buying that car?" Uhh, hello? It's called a test drive, not drive and you must buy on the spot? Plus I would have ordered a car w/ a manual if I liked the other aspects of the auto car on the test drive.

Anyway, the experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that I never went back there and ended up buying a Lexus instead. I'm frankly very surprised that salesman still has a job there. But then again, I've heard of many similar stories about Assael from people I know in LA. I'm guessing the company culture fosters that kind of attitude at A--hole BMW.
      06-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
K330i
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
So I went to Assael cause it was nearby. I finally got a hold of one, and told him the car I wanted. Right off the bat he tells me "I've been in this business for 25 years and I don't mess around. Messing around just wastes my time and your time." WTF? Huh???

So I ignore his snide comment and proceed ......

maybe it's just me...but i would have told him to f'off and left right there.

glad you finally got the car you wanted though.........