E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2009 E90 Facelift updated picture



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1879
Rep
4,010
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 E90 Facelift updated picture

Motorauthority has released this presumably pshop of what the E90 facelift will look like, but it looks pretty damn accurate to the real car to me based on the spy shots we have already seen. Looks like the perfect facelift, not to major of a change, but still good looking.
Attached Images
 
__________________
I'll take one please. BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
8,399
Posts

 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

iTrader: (8)

It looks pretty much the same to me (i.e. very subtle changes like you said).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
1,313
Posts

 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
thank god I thought I was going to jump off a cliff for spending 55k and then having a facelift just 4 months later

whats up with the monster sized rear tire though
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1879
Rep
4,010
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Changes include:

1) New hood most noticeably
2) New more rounded bumper
3) Grills without the 'moustache' and now E92/5series style
4) Mildly updated headlamps
__________________
I'll take one please. BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
SPACEMANRICK
Lieutenant
Canada
9
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335 Xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VANCOUVER

iTrader: (0)

Who is going to notice the change except for a few hardcore fanatics. I can barely see a difference and I have had my 330i for 3 years. What happened to the turn indicator in the side mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
AK
Lieutenant
AK's Avatar
Norway
6
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 320d Sedan  [0.00]
Nice facelift!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
asdflkijd's Avatar
South Korea
132
Rep
5,507
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
It looks less aggressive, I don't like it.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
mistermojorizin's Avatar
19
Rep
1,658
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

why is the license plate and kidneys still depressed from the rest of the bumper? (or why is the rest of the bumper still raised?) they just need to put the e92 face on it and it would be a nice lookin car. like the 4 door m3.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
greentea335i
Lieutenant
6
Rep
560
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i w/ SSTT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

cant really tell the difference much,
just looks more like an e92.. impo
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
8,399
Posts

 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
why is the license plate and kidneys still depressed from the rest of the bumper? (or why is the rest of the bumper still raised?) they just need to put the e92 face on it and it would be a nice lookin car. like the 4 door m3.
It's still just a PShop so we don't really know exactly how it will look like. I think we will see that it's going to be closer to the E92's front fascia than what this PS shows.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
mapezzul
Special Agent
mapezzul's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,737
Posts

 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (1)

This is not accurate. Just look at the mirrors. We already have seen two sets of the correct rims, the lights are not matching the lines we have seen.... and the bumper is completely wrong it will not have the current recessed area for the plate.
This was a rush job. Expect something better real soon
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
d3l0n's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,279
Posts

 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Front bumper compliments the side skirts, which is cool. I'm sure 19s will prolly be offered as a sport package upgrade. (i know they have em in the accessory book). I'm sure we are getting new wheels overall. So, the 162s will be on the 328s. And 335is will get new concave'd staggered wheels. The front is definitely more acceptable. If anything, i like the front grill and hood!. The bumper is interesting. I'd like to see an alternate facelift aero kit. If I remember, the e46 had 2 different types of aero kits?

The e92 LCI should have new tails, LED brake lights n such.. I'm surprised the current e60 LCI didn't have LED Brake lights, but LED turning signal lights, red at that! (interesting).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #13
Abe Froman
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Here's to hoping the hood doesn't look quite like that.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
mapezzul
Special Agent
mapezzul's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,737
Posts

 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
Front bumper compliments the side skirts, which is cool. I'm sure 19s will prolly be offered as a sport package upgrade. (i know they have em in the accessory book). I'm sure we are getting new wheels overall. So, the 162s will be on the 328s. And 335is will get new concave'd staggered wheels. The front is definitely more acceptable. If anything, i like the front grill and hood!. The bumper is interesting. I'd like to see an alternate facelift aero kit. If I remember, the e46 had 2 different types of aero kits?

The e92 LCI should have new tails, LED brake lights n such.. I'm surprised the current e60 LCI didn't have LED Brake lights, but LED turning signal lights, red at that! (interesting).
There are no more 162s (for E90) I posted the ordering guide last week. And the bumper is incorrect so do not fall in love!

http://www.bimmerfile.com/wp-content...ring-guide.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1879
Rep
4,010
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Name:  huh.jpg
Views: 14022
Size:  409.4 KB

Whats your basis for saying the photoshop isn't accurate? No photoshop can be 100% accurate, but this one is pretty damn close, i'd say 90%. As for wheels, obviously he didn't change the wheels because they are in motion, I don't think anyone is out of their mind enough to try to change wheels that are in motion to another style and then photoshop those new wheels into motion....

I guess its a matter of opinion on how close the Pshop is to the real thing, so here are both pics top to bottom for everyone to draw their own conclusions on what the real car may or may not look like
__________________
I'll take one please. BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Simple1
rev lover
Simple1's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,014
Posts

 
Drives: vvvvrrrrrooOOMMMMMM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Da only place to be!

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Simple1 Send a message via Skype™ to Simple1
I'm happy that sports package will finally get rid of the nasty chrome around the windows!! can we all say hallelujah, lmao
__________________
e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
d3l0n's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,279
Posts

 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
I'm happy that sports package will finally get rid of the nasty chrome around the windows!! can we all say hallelujah, lmao
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
There are no more 162s (for E90) I posted the ordering guide last week. And the bumper is incorrect so do not fall in love!

http://www.bimmerfile.com/wp-content...ring-guide.pdf
sweet! style 287s huh... hmmmm I hope they look good. I assume they'd be derived closer to a design that of the M3's.. (i hope not) the m3 gunmetal 18s look best out of the 2. Just like how the 650i's wheels (style 249) look close to that of the m6's wheels. And 550i's `172's compared to the M5's wheels.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #18
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
d3l0n's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,279
Posts

 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
btw, i definitely think the hood is acurate (and pray that it is lol) because a lot of other car models are doing the same.... and they kinda look cool.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
mapezzul
Special Agent
mapezzul's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,737
Posts

 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
Attachment 166139

Whats your basis for saying the photoshop isn't accurate? No photoshop can be 100% accurate, but this one is pretty damn close, i'd say 90%. As for wheels, obviously he didn't change the wheels because they are in motion, I don't think anyone is out of their mind enough to try to change wheels that are in motion to another style and then photoshop those new wheels into motion....

I guess its a matter of opinion on how close the Pshop is to the real thing, so here are both pics top to bottom for everyone to draw their own conclusions on what the real car may or may not look like
It is close... people just need to realize it is a PS and not make any conclusions from it. There are some obvious discrepancies, the bumper being the main one, the plate is no longer recessed and the entire bumper on the PS is designed around that principle. The mirrors are the old style as well. The hood is great. I could not do this if I tried and I commend whomever did it but I am sure with the talent they had they could have gotten it closer if they had more time..... more to come I am sure!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
if that is the headlight after facelift...i will be worrying about the US spec cars....you can see the clear reflectors are kinda all the way on the top part of the housing....so for US version...the amber reflectors might be on even more uglier than current E90s....

but its just a guess...they might keep the headlamp housing the same as Euro and just add reflectors on the fender like the current E92/93s....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #21
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
CurlyFatAngry's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Dunno, seems pretty much the same to me. Few changes, and is there something wrong with those wheels? They kinda look out of proportion to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #22
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

yes! no moustache!!!
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST