E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > what should i do? HELP!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

iTrader: (0)

what should i do? HELP!!

so i dropped off my 335i about 2 month ago at the Fairfax body shop. They had to replace front bumper, front and rear rims (pass. side) and a few other things. My car was suppose to be ready tomorrow tuesday feb. 27 I gave them a call today to make sure everything was going according to plan. Now they told me that they order the wrong rim and that they have no idea when the car will be ready . They never gave me a loaner or anything like that. I'm really mad, and have no idea how to approach something like this. any advise you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
wait! how come you dont dont have a car rental?

its not the body shops responsiblity to provide you a car btw, its your insurance or the other guy's insurance who cause you the issue
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

iTrader: (0)

b/c i would have to pay for it out of pocket...about $600 a month so i rather just drive one of my other cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

They didnt have the best service when I needed to get my car repaired... Unfortunately, it was my only option for a certified collision center to get the work done...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
They didnt have the best service when I needed to get my car repaired... Unfortunately, it was my only option for a certified collision center to get the work done...
yeah it just seems so unfair for them to make a mistake and I have to pay for it. They are already getting alot of money by doing the repairs... they could of at least done a good job. I though that going through bmw body shop would be the fastest way to get the car fixed.... i dont really care if it's certified or not... they dont even work sats. or sun. From i know that dealerships always do crappy jobs, but i was expecting something alot better from BMW i was def. mistaken
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr View Post
yeah it just seems so unfair for them to make a mistake and I have to pay for it. They are already getting alot of money by doing the repairs... they could of at least done a good job. I though that going through bmw body shop would be the fastest way to get the car fixed.... i dont really care if it's certified or not... they dont even work sats. or sun. From i know that dealerships always do crappy jobs, but i was expecting something alot better from BMW i was def. mistaken
... the best Body Shop Ive encounter was NT Body shop in Alexandria, HBL Mercedes uses them. Hope they're still managed by the same crew. They did my e320 after I ran into a guy on the beltway playing "chicken" with a can of gas. We personaaly met throught the windshield. lucky guy was alive, w/c reminds me he still owes me my deductable

Mercedes Benz of Alexandria inhouse BodyShop is also good, but too bad they just do Benzes
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #7
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

iTrader: (0)

i just got back from the body shop... they said there was nothing they could do and they will not give me a loaner...... they said call bmw of north america.. they might give you one...WTF i wish i could just take my car out of there and take it somewhere else.... even if i have to wait another 2 months
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
liverpool
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i sedan with M Sports
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

That sounds like typical BMW Fairfax customer service. I took my previous car, which was a E46 325i there for body work after an accident and they took 2 extra weeks from when they said it would be ready. Lucky for me, the accident was the other driver's fault and I got a loaner for the whole period.

I would definitely call BMW North America and lodge a complaint. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool View Post
That sounds like typical BMW Fairfax customer service. I took my previous car, which was a E46 325i there for body work after an accident and they took 2 extra weeks from when they said it would be ready. Lucky for me, the accident was the other driver's fault and I got a loaner for the whole period.

I would definitely call BMW North America and lodge a complaint. Good luck.
yup just like you said exactly 2 weeks after the day they told me!!! I swear i will NEVER go there ever again!!! horrible service all around... I bought my car from VOB bmw. i had a great experience and from now on i'll keep getting everything from there!!! it just sucks b/c they are 30 mins away and bmw of fairfax is a 2 minute drive. oh well
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
spalcich
Scott_P
United_States
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
... the best Body Shop Ive encounter was NT Body shop in Alexandria, HBL Mercedes uses them. Hope they're still managed by the same crew. They did my e320 after I ran into a guy on the beltway playing "chicken" with a can of gas. We personaaly met throught the windshield. lucky guy was alive, w/c reminds me he still owes me my deductable

Mercedes Benz of Alexandria inhouse BodyShop is also good, but too bad they just do Benzes
I had my last car repaired at NT ('04 330ci) and they ruined it, completely. Horrible paint job, very sloppy work all around. The shop that fixed all of their work even found bad welds when they started to take things apart.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST