E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 330i headers or intake manifold on 328i e92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
BlackedOut
New Member
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stamford, Ct

iTrader: (0)

330i headers or intake manifold on 328i e92

Hey guys,
I have a e92 328i
Mods done- Simota intake, cdv valve, B&M Short throw shifter, rear sway, Asanti rims, remus quad tip axel back exhaust, reger rear bumper, m-tec front bumper, jlevi's roof lid spoiler, m lip and H&R springs.
I am looking for my next mod already realized there's not a hell lot out there and was wondering if the 330 headers or intake manifold will fit on my 328i, any help would be great.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
darkphantom
Banned
163
Rep
5,949
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
dunno man, running F/I here...check out the NA section
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]


try doing a ... we've gone over this like 30 times already. (sorry not trying to be a dick, I know you are not on here much)



the 330 intake manifold/reflash mod only works on the 325 right now. Turner says they are working on one for the 328 right now but nothing has come out yet. You might see a supercharger for the 328 before you see this one.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
BayAreaE92's Avatar
7
Rep
373
Posts

 
Drives: 91' 850i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 850i  [0.00]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
It's been tried by someone on the board last I read. If you search u should be able to find the thread, and in short it didn't work out too well. Also, the good folks at Weatherford (Some of Them) told be there's much more too it than a Manifold Swap, such as the 330i ECU to manage the Tri-Flow/3-Stage Intake Manifold.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
BayAreaE92's Avatar
7
Rep
373
Posts

 
Drives: 91' 850i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 850i  [0.00]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
BTW Where did you get your Simota Air Intake???
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaE92 View Post
It's been tried by someone on the board last I read. If you search u should be able to find the thread, and in short it didn't work out too well. Also, the good folks at Weatherford (Some of Them) told be there's much more too it than a Manifold Swap, such as the 330i ECU to manage the Tri-Flow/3-Stage Intake Manifold.
yeah... turner makes the whole package for like $4k and it works, but not on a 328 yet
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #7
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
PS bay, you can get um at jlevisw.com for $399


i'm selling mine too but trying to go local 1st before offering to ship
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
BlackedOut
New Member
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stamford, Ct

iTrader: (0)

JLEVISW.COM its under the 325 330, it fits perfect no adjustments at all. However, it gives the car the perfect roar.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #9
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
7,381
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post


try doing a ... we've gone over this like 30 times already. (sorry not trying to be a dick, I know you are not on here much)



the 330 intake manifold/reflash mod only works on the 325 right now. Turner says they are working on one for the 328 right now but nothing has come out yet. You might see a supercharger for the 328 before you see this one.
Lets be nice yo!

__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 03:27 AM   #10
Bhorse
nʌmʌsˈte
Bhorse's Avatar
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E93
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post


try doing a ... we've gone over this like 30 times already. (sorry not trying to be a dick, I know you are not on here much)



the 330 intake manifold/reflash mod only works on the 325 right now. Turner says they are working on one for the 328 right now but nothing has come out yet. You might see a supercharger for the 328 before you see this one.


So did they come out with a supercharger yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #11
Andro07
Lieutenant Colonel
Andro07's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: Nothing Now
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOut View Post
Hey guys,
I have a e92 328i
Mods done- Simota intake, cdv valve, B&M Short throw shifter, rear sway, Asanti rims, remus quad tip axel back exhaust, reger rear bumper, m-tec front bumper, jlevi's roof lid spoiler, m lip and H&R springs.
I am looking for my next mod already realized there's not a hell lot out there and was wondering if the 330 headers or intake manifold will fit on my 328i, any help would be great.
Thank you.
A lot of mods. You got any pic's of them?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
MyE92
El Presidente
MyE92's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: your mom wild.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOut View Post
Hey guys,
I have a e92 328i
Mods done- Simota intake, cdv valve, B&M Short throw shifter, rear sway, Asanti rims, remus quad tip axel back exhaust, reger rear bumper, m-tec front bumper, jlevi's roof lid spoiler, m lip and H&R springs.
I am looking for my next mod already realized there's not a hell lot out there and was wondering if the 330 headers or intake manifold will fit on my 328i, any help would be great.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 03:09 AM   #13
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
simp0man's Avatar
Cambodia
26
Rep
2,522
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I wonder if it is safte to get aftermarket headers for an e92 all aspired engine. Can the magnesium handle it?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
73
Rep
4,039
Posts

 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth

iTrader: (9)

handle headers lol... sorry but lol
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST