E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Tow Bar Removal Coding Required to Clear Faults

05-05-2024, 01:27 PM   #1
E91-330i-M-Sport
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Tow Bar Removal Coding Required to Clear Faults

Hi Folks,

I’m hoping someone can help, I’ve just removed a Westfilia tow bar from my E91 and all wiring etc and am now receiving 2 errors which come back as soon as you’ve cleared them or after a short drive.

Codes are:
CDAF in DME
CF29 in Transmission

From what I can tell after googling, they both seem related to the tow bar control unit being removed, they definitely weren’t there prior to its removal, so just want to know how to resolve?

When I fit the tow bar, I don’t recall coding it into the VO or anything, unless the tow bar module codes itself into the VO or something?

Anyway, my main question is, has anyone else encountered this, and in which case how did you resolve it?

At the moment, I’m planning to check the VO, and see if it’s present, I believe the code I’m looking for is $235.
If it’s there, is it a simple case of updating the VO? Or will I need to do anything else?

I’ve coded using NCS Expert a long time ago to add the CD changer option, and I think again for power folding mirrors, but it’s been a long time so can’t really remember the procedure (will be googling extensively again later).

Any help of guidance appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 06:04 AM   #2
E91-330i-M-Sport
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Just a quick addition, I’ve checked the VO and the option $235 isn’t there, so doesn’t look like it’s going to be as simple as I’d hoped.
Does anyone know if the dme and gearbox modules have options to code in or out trailer/tow bar?
Going to have a look through ncsdummy when I can get back outside to check the module versions.

Last edited by E91-330i-M-Sport; 05-06-2024 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 0