E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > ($10 to whoever can help me fix it) Coding, headlight module help

05-21-2024, 01:04 PM   #1
lived
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 2011

($10 to whoever can help me fix it) Coding, headlight module help

I've been driving my 2011 BMW 335i Sedan for nearly seven years now, and it's been a good car, even with 200,000 miles on it. However, I've recently encountered an issue with the passenger-side adaptive headlight. It would auto-level and stay pointing straight up, making the beam very crooked and causing an adaptive headlight error on the dashboard.

Since I don't have iDrive, I temporarily coded out the adaptive headlights using BimmerCode until I could replace the headlight module. After installing the new module, the passenger headlight doesn’t move at all “which I figured that would happen” , while the driver’s side headlight levels correctly. i’m certain that the moisture in the lens cause the problem. so I’ve ordered new lenses to replace them.

I also purchased an k+dcan cable and plan to use ISTA-p or another tool for coding, though I’m not entirely sure how to proceed. I have a Veepeak Bluetooth dongle that I typically use with phone apps, but I’m unsure if it’s compatible with ISTA.

I hope this information helps anyone facing similar issues. If anyone can provide guidance on the way to code the module myself, I would greatly appreciate it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 04:49 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Use ncs expert and factory code LSMC (left adaptive module) or RSMC (right adaptive module)

Don’t use ista/p. You run the risk of making your car a paper weight.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 11:49 AM   #3
lived
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 2011

I keep getting this same error any solutions? That’s what happens when I try to code RSMC to factory. Also to add it saying FRM 87 but mine is FRM 70

I will send anyone $10 that can fix my problem, cash app PayPal I’m ready to get this fixed!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0