E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Best time of year to buy a car?

08-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F30 318d Sport

Best time of year to buy a car?

What is the best time of year to buy a car? I'm aware this will change with market conditions, but are there certain periods where dealers are under a lot more pressure to meet targets and hence more likely to accept silly offers?

Is the end of August good (i.e. getting the last few sales before the plate change)?

Presumably December and January are good as everyone is either thinking about Christmas or totally skint after Christmas?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 987 Boxster & R56 Cooper S

In my experience walk in on Xmas Eve and tell them you're ready to buy if the right deal can be reached.

Failing that 2nd/3rd week in January after the anti-climax of the Xmas/New Year break and a few days of a deserted showroom (after the early January deliveries).

Finally, with the current economic climate, any time you like as most manufacturers are under the kosh right now and will bite your hand off. I must have had a least 5 letters over the last month from dealers asking me if I'm looking to do a deal early on my current wheels (only 18 months old).

Miopyk
Appreciate 0