E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Eisenmann Race Exhaust for Sale



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 657
iTrader: (4)

E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #24
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

I have only great things to say about Eisenmann

Ryan is a great guy

I am 100% happy with Eisenhaus
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #25
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
 
PAKMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Posts: 16,108
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
i am thinkin on buying can u gime more info?
PAKMAN is offline   North Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #26
aapriadi
Colonel
 
aapriadi's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 2,036
iTrader: (10)

PM sent like days ago, no replies yet haha
__________________
mod = crack
aapriadi is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #27
sunchild
Lieutenant
 
sunchild's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orange County, CAL

Posts: 470
iTrader: (2)

i hear the thing closes for torque... on the 330 exhaust
sunchild is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #28
Ryan.M
Major
 
Drives: E46 M3..E30 325i..72' 2002
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,030
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchild
i hear the thing closes for torque... on the 330 exhaust

Not true...
Ryan.M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #29
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchild
i hear the thing closes for torque... on the 330 exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANM330CI
Not true...
The question of "what is the exhaust valve for?" has received so many different answers. The three answers I have received are:

(1) It modulates sound quality
(2) It closes at certain RPMs to attenuate the backpressure under conditions that would optimize torque.
(3) The combination of (1) and (2)

What Ryan at Eisenhaus said may be true. I honestly don't know the answer, because I need some objective proof. I am going to find out for myself once and for all.

I will run 3 Dyno pulls with my 330i, then I will disconnect and plug the line to the valve solenoid, and test again. I will post the results.

I also want to investigate ways to objectively quantitate the sound quality. This may prove to be difficult since I don't have a huge sound chamber with a decible meter. Anyone with ideas, please chime in.

Lastly, I will connect a vacuum gauge to the exhaust valve tubing via T-connector and see at what RPM the valve actually closes and reopens.
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
warot
New Member
 
Drives: E-japan-9-red-0
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
The question of "what is the exhaust valve for?" has received so many different answers. The three answers I have received are:

(1) It modulates sound quality
(2) It closes at certain RPMs to attenuate the backpressure under conditions that would optimize torque.
(3) The combination of (1) and (2)

What Ryan at Eisenhaus said may be true. I honestly don't know the answer, because I need some objective proof. I am going to find out for myself once and for all.

I will run 3 Dyno pulls with my 330i, then I will disconnect and plug the line to the valve solenoid, and test again. I will post the results.

I also want to investigate ways to objectively quantitate the sound quality. This may prove to be difficult since I don't have a huge sound chamber with a decible meter. Anyone with ideas, please chime in.

Lastly, I will connect a vacuum gauge to the exhaust valve tubing via T-connector and see at what RPM the valve actually closes and reopens.
Not a regular member here, but was reading through. The valve opens only in second gear onwards from around 3000 rpm, but I'm not 100 percent sure about the rpm. This is for acoustic purposes only (think of a trumpet) and torque isn't affected.

P.S. I had an internship at BMW SA in the acoustic section, that's how I know.
warot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #31
Ryan.M
Major
 
Drives: E46 M3..E30 325i..72' 2002
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,030
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warot
Not a regular member here, but was reading through. The valve opens only in second gear onwards from around 3000 rpm, but I'm not 100 percent sure about the rpm. This is for acoustic purposes only (think of a trumpet) and torque isn't affected.

P.S. I had an internship at BMW SA in the acoustic section, that's how I know.

You are right on the money


Some of you may not know this but I also work for Patrick BMW. I have been to BMWNA for some classes and they stated that the valve does not affect hp/tq

Cheers
Ryan.M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #32
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by warot
Not a regular member here, but was reading through. The valve opens only in second gear onwards from around 3000 rpm, but I'm not 100 percent sure about the rpm. This is for acoustic purposes only (think of a trumpet) and torque isn't affected.

P.S. I had an internship at BMW SA in the acoustic section, that's how I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANM330CI
You are right on the money


Some of you may not know this but I also work for Patrick BMW. I have been to BMWNA for some classes and they stated that the valve does not affect hp/tq

Cheers
That's great info. Thanks!

A lot of companies do invest significant thought and engineering into the sound quality of their vehicles. I read somewhere that the current generation Mustang exhaust note was designed to emulate the modified 1968 Mustang featured in Bullitt. Nissan significantly engineered the exhaust sound of their current 3.5L V6 in the 350Z, G35 and FX35.

The Eisenmann and Kerscher exhaust systems actual sound good. They do not make the E90 sound like a boat (too loud and low pitched), a common problem with the in-line sixes with custom exhausts. The 4-bangers sound even worse (think of modified Hondas, WRXs and Evols).
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #33
warot
New Member
 
Drives: E-japan-9-red-0
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Sorry, typo. What I meant to say was that it closes, not open
warot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #34
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by warot
Sorry, typo. What I meant to say was that it closes, not open
Right, I know what you meant.
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #35
Driv3r
Colonel
 
Driv3r's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Posts: 2,358
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i have eisenmann race and i ended up just welding it, just to be 100% sure no leaks... either way is ok.
__________________
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6SPD-Interlagos Blue - 6SPD - SSK - AA Headers -AA Tune - Navigation w/ Splashscreen Mod - 3M Crystalline Series 60 - Carbon Splitters - Swissvax Treated - Bridgestone
2012 Yamaha FZ8 - Matte Black/Grey - Michelin Pilot Pure 2CT - Vortex Rear Sets - Yoshimura R-77D & Fender Delete - Spectro Race Oil - GP Reverse Shifting
Driv3r is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #36
RichP
Major
 
RichP's Avatar
 
Drives: V-Power
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,049
iTrader: (4)

still for sale guys!
RichP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #37
aapriadi
Colonel
 
aapriadi's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 2,036
iTrader: (10)

dude, i've sent u a pm like long ago...u didnt get it?
__________________
mod = crack
aapriadi is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2006, 06:26 AM   #38
RichP
Major
 
RichP's Avatar
 
Drives: V-Power
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,049
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapriadi
dude, i've sent u a pm like long ago...u didnt get it?
I have no idea why I didnt see it; I just replied.
RichP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST