E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Exclamation Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

Anyone had any dealings with Big Motoring World in West Malling, Kent?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
sjb
Registered
 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Angry Keep well away

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Anyone had any dealings with Big Motoring World in West Malling, Kent?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
A nightmare story
Brought an X5 paid over 15,000 pounds for it, picked it up from the Big Motoring World in Kent straight away most of the instruments lights, petrol gauge was not working car was sold with one years mot but it only has 4 months, told them straight away and I was told to contact the service department, they told me to claim for warranty, been to BMW for the part 891 and the warty will only pay 300 with the VAT called south largest independent BMW specialist in, and they said “ well its not a new car” they never returned my calls and now I have to go down the legal route, think twice before you buy from these jokers
sjb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2008, 07:04 AM   #3
gIzzE
Major General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 5,128
iTrader: (2)

Only ever heard horror stories about them.

Unless the car is still within BMW warranty I would avoid, and even then I wouldn't be too sure and would call BMW UK to ask about any car being considered just to make sure.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
londoner07
Registered
 
Drives: 3 series convertible
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: london

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

big motoring world

Hi guys,

i had a very bad experience with Big Motoring World. Found a 3 series convertible with them, so much the one i wanted, spoke to 3 sales guys there over a week. discussed rates and i should have looked at there website more than a 100 times over a week. Finally i took a day off work to get myself there, called the sales guy to check if the car was still available, confirmed the price and drove all the way to Big Motoring World. Landed up there to see the car, the sales guy did not even let us test ride the car, he wanted to get the finance sorted before anything. To my surprise they had bumped the price by £1000 in the time i drove to the dealership. They even lied to me and said that i had misread the price. I had emailed the advert to 2 of my friends who had the original price details as proof. I called the office to print my computer screen which still had the original price to fax it across to me. Asked the sales guy to let me use his computer and check the autotrader and all of a sudden his computer stopped working. The guys at big motoring world still insisted that i was wrong. In short i think that the place is crap and full of crooks. I would never advise anyone to buy anything from these guys.
londoner07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Only ever heard horror stories about them.

Unless the car is still within BMW warranty I would avoid, and even then I wouldn't be too sure and would call BMW UK to ask about any car being considered just to make sure.
+1
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 03:36 AM   #6
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

So they are shit then?
__________________
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Oli is offline  
+1
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #7
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
 
Drives: C63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 1,278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I've been in to see them a number of times (as they're just up the road) and just felt everytime the cars are either stupid mileage or iffy spec'd vehicles.

The sales REPS are straight out of Delboys School Of Sales...

Their website and prices are very tempting, but I've never felt comfortable when visiting...

My motto is if it doesn't feel right, then don't buy it... :toilet:
biscuits is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
tinka
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 2.0d M SPORT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

got to be main dealer bmw for me, for warranty etc,just down the road from me too,most of the 6pot diesels are manual or no sat nav.

as biscuits, said funny specs with some of them.
tinka is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
SixDegrees
Lieutenant
 
SixDegrees's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 445
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Abarth 500  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
A nightmare story
Brought an X5 paid over 15,000 pounds for it, picked it up from the Big Motoring World in Kent straight away most of the instruments lights, petrol gauge was not working car was sold with one years mot but it only has 4 months, told them straight away and I was told to contact the service department, they told me to claim for warranty, been to BMW for the part 891 and the warty will only pay 300 with the VAT called south largest independent BMW specialist in, and they said “ well its not a new car” they never returned my calls and now I have to go down the legal route, think twice before you buy from these jokers
Sorry to hear that mate, but you feedback will save someone else from falling foul of these jokers!

Lucky for me I live far away from them and not likely to have been sucked in by the prices and dodgy-chat!

__________________
2014 [14] M135i, 3dr, MG, Auto, SP, CP, HS, HK and FBP
Recent Past.....
2011 [61] Abarth 500, Funk White, Leather, H&R
2007 [57] 320d M-Sport Touring
Pre 2007 - GT TDI 4MO, Mk4 R32, A3 TQ, A3T, Cupra R and on and on and on.....
SixDegrees is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #10
bmm3csl
Registered
 
Drives: m3 csl
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: london

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Big M

I have had many cars from these guys with no problem, they are the cheepest around and sell loads of cars, don't be put off by some bad stories not everyone is going to be happy....... my last car I got from them 3 months ago was an m3 csl, I looked everywhere and these guys were the cheepest and best......... I think if you want to be treated like a king and pay well over the odds go to BMW main dealer, but for good cheep cars these guys are the best, just go and have a look.
bmm3csl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
robsbmw
Registered
 
Drives: 325ci
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: dover

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

My family and I have bought 14-15 cars over the last ten years from Big Motoring World. My last car I purchased at the beginning of this year and have had five months of trouble free motoring. I have met the owner on numerous occasions he has been in the motoring trade for over twenty years and started of in a small way in Teynham. I am not surprised at the expansion of the site in West Malling as a company they work hard on all aspects of the motor trade from sales through to finance. The new site will have over 500 cars and will be the biggest independent dealer in England. I say good luck to him he has worked hard to achieve his success.
robsbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
e91mac
Private
 
e91mac's Avatar
 
Drives: Now E87 130i.........
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bath

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
oh dear, do they really think readers would fall for these replies
e91mac is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #14
trixman
Major
 
trixman's Avatar
 
Drives: A Rental
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Creepy Crawley

Posts: 1,270
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
LMAO That's the funniest thing I've read in ages... talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Edt: by the way, to bmmcsl and robs(you of your)bmw, we are talking about the fact that you have 1 post and chime in with good feedback regarding a company that has mainly negative.

It's either:

1) You're genuine, but have no idea how the internet works
2) You're full blown, monkey spanking knob-jockeys who believe in using independent consumer forums covertly for your own gain. If anything, let's hope this thread runs for a long time, gains as much exposure as possible, shoots up the google rankings (with e90post being a well 'google' respected site I think it will) and you will have several pages of negative publicity on a google search before anyone even hits your site.
trixman is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #15
pjs
Colonel
 
pjs's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NORTH

Posts: 2,541
iTrader: (1)



loving the newbies to this thread
pjs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
trixman
Major
 
trixman's Avatar
 
Drives: A Rental
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Creepy Crawley

Posts: 1,270
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Seriously though, WTF is wrong with these people. Sorry to be harsh, but it really makes me sick these days how companies can believe they can carry on with dodgy sales tactics. The internet has allowed people to air their views and experiences with the world instantly. Granted it's not great for some, as there are some (let's face it) nutters out there that would never be happy... but in general it has forced the 'good' companies to be better, as you can't just brush the dodgy customers under the rug... you have to deal with them and try to make them happy.

Hopefully companies that don't will go under very soon, especially in this climate, and companies that jump in on threads trying to promote themselves through false positive reviews will be even quicker to go down the toilet.

/rant
trixman is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
neilmc
Lieutenant
 
neilmc's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 320D M SPORT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: uk

Posts: 437
iTrader: (1)

I imagined BIG WOMAN WORLD would be more your cup of tea Will.
neilmc is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc View Post
I imagined BIG WOMAN WORLD would be more your cup of tea Will.

I have never been so insulted in all my life Neil.

PS Yes you are correct.
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm3csl View Post
I have had many cars from these guys with no problem, they are the cheepest around and sell loads of cars, don't be put off by some bad stories not everyone is going to be happy....... my last car I got from them 3 months ago was an m3 csl, I looked everywhere and these guys were the cheepest and best......... I think if you want to be treated like a king and pay well over the odds go to BMW main dealer, but for good cheep cars these guys are the best, just go and have a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsbmw View Post
My family and I have bought 14-15 cars over the last ten years from Big Motoring World. My last car I purchased at the beginning of this year and have had five months of trouble free motoring. I have met the owner on numerous occasions he has been in the motoring trade for over twenty years and started of in a small way in Teynham. I am not surprised at the expansion of the site in West Malling as a company they work hard on all aspects of the motor trade from sales through to finance. The new site will have over 500 cars and will be the biggest independent dealer in England. I say good luck to him he has worked hard to achieve his success.

I was actually going to close this thread, because it serves no purpose other than to warn people off the abject horrors of Big Motoring World. However now that those two 'members' have joined up, both driving non-E9x cars, both with one post proclaiming the alleged virtues of Big Motoring World (do they think we're all that gullible? ), I am going to leave this thread wide open so that the world can see their sad attempts at 'image rectification' After all, I wouldn't want to be accused of 'covering up' for other people and abusing my moderator privileges

What's funny to me is that had those two not attempted to 'fix' this thread, it would have disappeared into the deepest darkest regions of E90post never to be seen again. The last post was 21st November 2008...!! Seven months ago!! Now, they're going to have to fight to keep it off the front pages of Google !! In fact, I'm going to Sticky the post here too...

Oh, and I also am going to echo RobsBMW sentiments, as I don't ever want to wish misfortune on anyone - "I say good luck to him he has worked hard to achieve his success (edit - on this forum in particular!!!)"
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #21
Steve748
Lieutenant
 
Steve748's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Yorks & Granite Hills CA

Posts: 564
iTrader: (0)

Very obvious replies from somebody who works there, the admin will be able to check to posters IP address, I wonder if they are both the same?
Strange how both the posts are close to each other time wise too?
Steve748 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
Very obvious replies from somebody who works there, the admin will be able to check to posters IP address, I wonder if they are both the same?
Strange how both the posts are close to each other time wise too?
I have had a look at the IP addresses but they are undetermined. Funny how both members registered on the same day (today) and posted consecutively...

Oh well, if they want to play, let's play... view count so far is 1040 views - shall we get it up to 2000 and plaster Google with it ?!!!
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series, big motoring world, bigsy backward, cants proper, cocks, complaints, con, crooks, d'ya like dags?, devious tosspots, false advertising, illiterate, is fur me maa!, kent, liars, motherfu**ers, muppet f*ckers, perrywinkle blue, pikey, really bad at english, sale, scumbags, tell trading standards, thieves, tossers, used bmw, utterbellends, wankers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST