E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > anyone with same issue with finish? the hood has a slight residue that you see when..

08-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #23
fredtoo
First Lieutenant

Drives: 325 328 350

Garage List
1986 328  [0.00]
2006 325  [0.00]
In determining what went on here, I suggest the use of a 10x magnifying glass to look at the paint. You may be able to see scratches in the clear, or smeared paint.

To me, it looks like it was abused with a rotary polisher.

My paint looked like glass when the car was delivered.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #24
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

Looks like you have a few issues there on your hood. The smug like marks I cant tell what that is from. But here is a question that might clear it up. Are there more swirls on you hood then anywhere else on your car??? If this is true it would lead me to beleive the dealer had a bad detailer use a rotary on you new car.

If not try this first mix up a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water. Get a nice soft towel and wipe down the area with the solution. That will strip just about everything off your paint. Make it nice and clean. If its still there the only other thing you can try is claying it but I dont believe that will fix your problem.

Next solution is find a professional detailer or go back to the dealer and tell them to fix this (wouldnt suggest that, they already screwed it up). You will need someone to PC it or put a rotary on it.

If you would like to possibly fix it yourself I would recommend reading up on http://www.autopia.org/ I would also post the pictures there they will be able to help you. Lots of Proffessional detailers use that site and im sure they can recommend you some fix.

If the swirls are all over the car - One of two things the dealer did it (how long was it on their lot? showroom?) or you did it. Combination of poor quality towels, dirty towels and bad techniques is what causes swirls (for the most part).

Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #25
llaroo
Private First Class

Drives: 06 325i MonacoBlue

thanks guys, I'll give it a try
Appreciate 0