E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2009 E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio MSRP Pricing Released! + list of changes



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #133
Sullyz
Private
 
Sullyz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328XI Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

I picked up my 328XI last week, and I was having a discussion with the New Car Manager.. He mentioned to me that I got into the lease at a good time.. I asked him why, and he said by 2010 the prices will increased significantly. I, like the above, presumed that US vs. Euro, Gas Price, list of other random things going on in the world were the cause so I was a bit surprised with his response.. I questioned him as to why, and he said that BMW as a company wants to me on the same tier as Mercedes, and other more expensive luxury car makers. He said per meetings he has had within the last month, BMW feels as tho they should be held to a different but higher standard, thus different price per unit.

Not understanding the "Why" portion.. I Ok'd him and said, Yep its a good thing I got it now. It would really suck to see this class of luxury/sport vehicle be put into a different tier in pricing.. making it less obtainable.

How true, or flawed his statement is debatable, but I found it ironic that he said that and I came across this thread.


Sull
__________________
2008 BMW 328XI Coupe | Space Grey Metallic | Cold | Premium | Sports | Technology Pkgs |
Sullyz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #134
roadkillrob
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 335Cic, 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (14)

My 08 E93 bought November 07 was $3500 less than the current pricing and a 2.1% increase would add $1270 more, so the car has basically gone up $5000 in a year now with the price increases and changes in packaging to make the options cost more and the base car and packages look cheaper.
__________________

2008 E93 335i, GIAC Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1
roadkillrob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #135
Cloud9blue
Major
 
Cloud9blue's Avatar
 
Drives: avoiding the potholes
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,320
iTrader: (11)

if anyone configure a car (with sports, nav, etc) according to 09 pricing released on bimmerfile, the cost is around $1000 higher than that of 08 model. be honest, i dont complain much, since we do get shadowline and new idrive. logic7 being a option is kinda stupid though
Cloud9blue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #136
demosthenes
Major
 
demosthenes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,162
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
euros vs USD is the biggest factor of this increase in price. with the weakening economy and falling dollar....i think its safe to say there'll be another hike soon.
+1

Two years ago, it cost $1.26 to buy a Euro. It now costs $1.46 and it was almost $1.60 recently.
demosthenes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #137
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
 
scollins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA

Posts: 2,345
iTrader: (3)

The 2009 prices are up quite a bit from my 2007 E90 335i (+6.3%.)

Item...........2007.............2009............Di ff
E90 335i......$38,900.........$40,100.......+$800
Logic7.........$0................$875...........+$ 875
ZCW...........$1000...........$1150..........+$150
ZSP............$1700...........$2150..........+$45 0
ZPP............$2550...........$2650..........+$10 0
6FL.............$400............$400............+$ 0
322.............$500............$500............+$ 0
Mtl paint......$475............$550............+$75
Dest...........$775............$825.............+$ 50
TTL............$46,300........$49,200.........+$29 00 (+6.3%)

The jump from 2007 to 2008 was +1.6% for the same exact car (just did it on BMWUSA's website), but now from 2008 to 2009 it is +4.6%. Wow....
__________________
Scott
2010 E70 X5 35d
Alpine White on Black with Dark Bamboo trim
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #138
TiAg330i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E70, E64, and E60
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: East TN

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
The 2009 prices are up quite a bit from my 2007 E90 335i (+6.3%.) The jump from 2007 to 2008 was +1.6% for the same exact car (just did it on BMWUSA's website), but now from 2008 to 2009 it is +4.6%. Wow....
Good post. That puts it in good perspective.

BMW is a very profitable company and must price their products in a way that will allow them to achieve the sales they expect. I would think their sales would dip more than expected due to these increases. And yes, the Euro vs. Dollar is a good excuse but still they must make business decisions.

Those on this board will probably buy anyway but I believe that many thousands of others will be led to move to a G35, C350/C300, or an IS250/350that can be had much cheaper than the 09 3er. And that's a sad thing.
__________________
'12 E70 X5
'08 E64 650i
'07 E60 530i
'06 E90 330i (sold)
'00 E46 323Cic (sold)
TiAg330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #139
Craig@SupremePower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Craig@SupremePower's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Dodge Durango R/T
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 74,999
iTrader: (14)

Its up more than even i thought, i spec'd a 08' and it was at $51,050 and now the 09' is at $54,450 according to 2 dealers i've spoke too. Same equipment....
__________________
Craig@SupremePower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #140
335i(91)
New Member
 
Drives: Coming soon....
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
Its up more than even i thought, i spec'd a 08' and it was at $51,050 and now the 09' is at $54,450 according to 2 dealers i've spoke too. Same equipment....
Tru dat. :[[. lol! Doesnt matter cos im still buyin. :]]
335i(91) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #141
drunkm3nky
Private First Class
 
Drives: AW 2010 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Califor Nia

Posts: 161
iTrader: (4)

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but according to this article, DCT is coming. This sucks because it may be sometime in 2010 along with facelift changes. I currently have a deposit on an '09 but I'm so tempted to wait until 2010 now......


http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=131231
drunkm3nky is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #142
Almitch101
New Member
 
Drives: 09 328i (on Order)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg330i View Post
Good post. That puts it in good perspective.

BMW is a very profitable company and must price their products in a way that will allow them to achieve the sales they expect. I would think their sales would dip more than expected due to these increases. And yes, the Euro vs. Dollar is a good excuse but still they must make business decisions.

Those on this board will probably buy anyway but I believe that many thousands of others will be led to move to a G35, C350/C300, or an IS250/350that can be had much cheaper than the 09 3er. And that's a sad thing.
Not to mention the 2009 Audi a4 and a5 which are pretty nice cars from what I have seen.
Almitch101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #143
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyz View Post
I picked up my 328XI last week, and I was having a discussion with the New Car Manager.. He mentioned to me that I got into the lease at a good time.. I asked him why, and he said by 2010 the prices will increased significantly. I, like the above, presumed that US vs. Euro, Gas Price, list of other random things going on in the world were the cause so I was a bit surprised with his response.. I questioned him as to why, and he said that BMW as a company wants to me on the same tier as Mercedes, and other more expensive luxury car makers. He said per meetings he has had within the last month, BMW feels as tho they should be held to a different but higher standard, thus different price per unit.

Not understanding the "Why" portion.. I Ok'd him and said, Yep its a good thing I got it now. It would really suck to see this class of luxury/sport vehicle be put into a different tier in pricing.. making it less obtainable.

How true, or flawed his statement is debatable, but I found it ironic that he said that and I came across this thread.


Sull

I'm not sure I wholly agree with that. I'm sure the salesman heard that somewhere, but I remember hearing the same line from the Mercedes dealership a few years ago - "too many on the road, need to raise prices to keep them more exclusive and uphold the brand... etc, etc.". Meanwhile, MB is advertising like there is no tomorrow... so is BMW.

I think it all comes down to the dollar's value globally. BMW has taken some hard losses on the exchange rate vs. US pricing in the past year, and I think they are hedging with hefty increases this year.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #144
demosthenes
Major
 
demosthenes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,162
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
I'm not sure I wholly agree with that. I'm sure the salesman heard that somewhere, but I remember hearing the same line from the Mercedes dealership a few years ago - "too many on the road, need to raise prices to keep them more exclusive and uphold the brand... etc, etc.". Meanwhile, MB is advertising like there is no tomorrow... so is BMW.

I think it all comes down to the dollar's value globally. BMW has taken some hard losses on the exchange rate vs. US pricing in the past year, and I think they are hedging with hefty increases this year.
+1
demosthenes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #145
RyanLouisville
CA
 
Drives: 325i Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Man up

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
thanx for the info jason , but i got one question, why isnt active steering part of 328i anymore ?? anyone have an answer to this ?
Because Active Steering is for chicks. Man up. Oo (III) (III) oO
__________________
Ryan
RyanLouisville is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #146
RyanLouisville
CA
 
Drives: 325i Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

To all the price complainer's out there.

YOU CAN'T BE THE CHEAPEST AND THE BEST!!!!
__________________
Ryan
RyanLouisville is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #147
nidget
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 e91
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belgium

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
Its up more than even i thought, i spec'd a 08' and it was at $51,050 and now the 09' is at $54,450 according to 2 dealers i've spoke too. Same equipment....
In Europe, the price seems to have decreased a bit. I have checked because I was wondering: I had a 08 model on order, but it's been delayed and I'll get the 09 instead. Based on the online configurator (it has just been updated for the 09 in Belgium), it will be 1.5k€ cheaper in my case (same equipment).
nidget is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #148
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
 
DinoMite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mississauga

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Why dont' they just build a factory or two in the US for the 3 series of cars.
DinoMite is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #149
akhter
Major
 
akhter's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 LCI 520i Sophisto Grey
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
some more 2009 m sport pics...





akhter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #150
str8nm
Major
 
str8nm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnator View Post
if anyone configure a car (with sports, nav, etc) according to 09 pricing released on bimmerfile, the cost is around $1000 higher than that of 08 model. be honest, i dont complain much, since we do get shadowline and new idrive. logic7 being a option is kinda stupid though
The 2009 335i Coupe I configured is only $700.00 more than the 2008 and I get shadowline and HD radio.
str8nm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #151
StewtheBassman
Major General
 
Drives: 04 X5 3.0, 07 530xiT
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hudson, Quebec

Posts: 6,386
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
I'm not sure I wholly agree with that. I'm sure the salesman heard that somewhere, but I remember hearing the same line from the Mercedes dealership a few years ago - "too many on the road, need to raise prices to keep them more exclusive and uphold the brand... etc, etc.". Meanwhile, MB is advertising like there is no tomorrow... so is BMW.

I think it all comes down to the dollar's value globally. BMW has taken some hard losses on the exchange rate vs. US pricing in the past year, and I think they are hedging with hefty increases this year.

Here is the official announcement of this policy direction from BMW itself...

http://stage.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2937
__________________

StewtheBassman is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #152
mekeni
Second Lieutenant
 
mekeni's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI E90
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cowtown

Posts: 242
iTrader: (4)

here in canada I think its the opposite, I configured a 2009 e90 and it seems to be $5k less when I configured an 08 a year ago.

base price has gone down here for $1k, I think they charge less for the options too
mekeni is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #153
abc
Captain
 
Drives: 325
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC

Posts: 717
iTrader: (0)

suddenly the euro isnt worth as much to the USD
abc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #154
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,513
iTrader: (0)

yes, that true,dollar is stronger over 25% then last month!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST