E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Mp3 DVD problem

08-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
tonmajstor
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 320d 2005

Mp3 DVD problem

Hi Guys,

I have a May,2005 320D and business navigation which I use to play mp3. With CD all is OK, but when I insert a full (4.5GB of mp3) DVD it recognizes anywhere from 10 - 20 folders even if there are 40 folders on the DVD including root (files in the root). I have tried burning at slower speeds and also burning ASCII and 32 character names, but there is no difference. I know that the problem is not in the folders because when I delete these folders (write the same DVD without the folders that my DVD reads) it reads another set of folders, and again doesn't read all of them. Anybody had similar issue? Can you playback a full 4.5GB of MP3s in you business nav? Is there perhaps a max amount of folders or some similar restriction? I am not sure what the software version is, but I can easily check...

Thank you very much for your advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
tonmajstor
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 320d 2005

I have checked the software version, and it is Build December 2004. It appears that around 1400Mb it just stops reading other folders/files on the DVD. If anyone tries reading a full DVD of MP3 and has same issues/ or if it actually works please post here.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0