E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > A Deal on a 2009 E92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
jkf398
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up A Deal on a 2009 E92

I'm buying a 2009 328i coupe with ED in Munich this December.


After stopping by dealerships and encountering clueless and/or non-dealing salespeople in the Houston area, I emailed my specs (Premium, Sport, Nav/iDrive, Premium Sound, iPod Adapter, and Sport Steering Wheel) to ten different Texas BMW dealerships that feature Internet Sales. I told them that I was ready to buy right now and was planning a European Delivery. Five responded. Two made full MSRP offers; one wanted to 'discuss' the price with me; one (Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth) offered me $500 off retail; the remaining dealership that responded (BMW of Corpus Christi) offered $1,000 off MSRP for ED. I went with this offer and provided a $2500 deposit to start the process.

I realize that it's difficult to obtain discounts on brand-new models, but it worked this time. I would recommend this dealership, as they delivered their deal without quibbling. They're even arranging a free "courtesy delivery" to a Houston dealership to save my having to travel 300 miles to pick up the car after it arrives in the US.

If you live in Texas, keep these guys in mind!
jkf398 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Love it when the dealers have a heart. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your baby!
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Nikolas
Colonel
 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Just make sure they offered you $1000 off the ED discount and not $1000 off the US MSRP.
Nikolas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,734
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Just make sure they offered you $1000 off the ED discount and not $1000 off the US MSRP.
+1,000!!!
That's exactly what i was thinking.
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Jimmeh
Major General
 
Jimmeh's Avatar
 
Drives: Ms. Daisy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 7,627
iTrader: (0)

+1000 off MSRP then 7% off is what my dealer offered me.

When you do all the numbers it comes out to just a little more than $1,500 off European invoice.


Make sure you still get the 7% off as well.
Jimmeh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #6
jkf398
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Deal on my new E92

Yes, guys -- thanks for the concern -- but it was $1,000 off of the ED MSRP, so that came to about $3,700 off of the US MSRP.

I did the math and had the number in hand before I called them... thanks to some good soul who posted the wholesale and retail figures for the '09s.
jkf398 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
preciseeye
Captain
 
preciseeye's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 646
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
+1000 off MSRP then 7% off is what my dealer offered me.

When you do all the numbers it comes out to just a little more than $1,500 off European invoice.


Make sure you still get the 7% off as well.
if that is true, that is a killer deal. congrats!
preciseeye is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
stressdoc
Moderator
 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 E90 ZSP+
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO

Posts: 9,829
iTrader: (0)

My advice is: (1) never work with MSRP -- always start with invoice/wholesale; and (2) establish a relationship with a CA. If you are doing ED, work with ED invoice. Then add about $1200 for the CA/dealer. The wholesale ED price for a 328i E93 is $31,060. The option prices (invoice ED) are zpp $3050, zsp $1320, navi $1910, 677 $795, 6fl $365. [not sure what sports steering wheel you are referring to that is not standard with zsp]. That invoice totals to $38500 + $895 shipping = $39395 Note that there is no training fee on ED.

A good deal on this car would be $40500. That is about what my CA would sell it for.

The ED MSRP is 33760 + 3350 + 1450 + 2100 + 875 + 400 + 895 = 42830

If you develop a relationship with a quality CA at a good dealership you should be able to negotiate a price that is more than 2k off ED MSRP. But the gap between invoice and MSRP will be different depending on the car and options, so again, always work with the invoice price.

This is for a new model purchase. When dealing with year-end sales (like getting a 2008 now), there may be better deals. And of course demand/availability will affect margins.

Regardless, Euro Delivery is an amazing experience and a bargain to boot. One of the best things about a BMW purchase in my book.

With zsp and a Dec. delivery do not forget to rent snowtires.
__________________
My not-so-recent ED: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31829
Quaife, BMW Perf & M3 suspension, V5, M-sport, ...
Please join BMWCCA http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=c...&ref_by=300279
stressdoc is offline   Dominica
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
Gig103
Major
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Posts: 1,289
iTrader: (1)

Congrats on the deal, you're gonna love european delivery!!
__________________
Was: 2008 335xi sedan 6MT Black Sapphire Metallic
Is: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Nero (black metallic)
Gig103 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
badassfajita
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

STOP! Call Chris Markey in BMW of Austin if you haven't already. I got 1200 over ED INVOICE just 5 months ago for my ED in May for an 08 335i coupe. Also a $2500 deposit sounds high to me. I think mine was $1000 and the whole process was completely painless. Definitely worth the 150 mile drive from Houston.
badassfajita is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Mk23
Major
 
Mk23's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Florida

Posts: 1,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassfajita View Post
STOP! Call Chris Markey in BMW of Austin if you haven't already. I got 1200 over ED INVOICE just 5 months ago for my ED in May for an 08 335i coupe. Also a $2500 deposit sounds high to me. I think mine was $1000 and the whole process was completely painless. Definitely worth the 150 mile drive from Houston.
But thats for an 08...

Just an fyi to the OP, I was told that I only needed 1k down too.
Mk23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #12
Jimmeh
Major General
 
Jimmeh's Avatar
 
Drives: Ms. Daisy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 7,627
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
My advice is: (1) never work with MSRP -- always start with invoice/wholesale; and (2) establish a relationship with a CA. If you are doing ED, work with ED invoice. Then add about $1200 for the CA/dealer. The wholesale ED price for a 328i E93 is $31,060. The option prices (invoice ED) are zpp $3050, zsp $1320, navi $1910, 677 $795, 6fl $365. [not sure what sports steering wheel you are referring to that is not standard with zsp]. That invoice totals to $38500 + $895 shipping = $39395 Note that there is no training fee on ED.

A good deal on this car would be $40500. That is about what my CA would sell it for.

The ED MSRP is 33760 + 3350 + 1450 + 2100 + 875 + 400 + 895 = 42830

If you develop a relationship with a quality CA at a good dealership you should be able to negotiate a price that is more than 2k off ED MSRP. But the gap between invoice and MSRP will be different depending on the car and options, so again, always work with the invoice price.

This is for a new model purchase. When dealing with year-end sales (like getting a 2008 now), there may be better deals. And of course demand/availability will affect margins.

Regardless, Euro Delivery is an amazing experience and a bargain to boot. One of the best things about a BMW purchase in my book.

With zsp and a Dec. delivery do not forget to rent snowtires.

What about November ED???
Jimmeh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #13
MrSteak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf398 View Post
I'm buying a 2009 328i coupe with ED in Munich this December.


After stopping by dealerships and encountering clueless and/or non-dealing salespeople in the Houston area, I emailed my specs (Premium, Sport, Nav/iDrive, Premium Sound, iPod Adapter, and Sport Steering Wheel) to ten different Texas BMW dealerships that feature Internet Sales. I told them that I was ready to buy right now and was planning a European Delivery. Five responded. Two made full MSRP offers; one wanted to 'discuss' the price with me; one (Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth) offered me $500 off retail; the remaining dealership that responded (BMW of Corpus Christi) offered $1,000 off MSRP for ED. I went with this offer and provided a $2500 deposit to start the process.

I realize that it's difficult to obtain discounts on brand-new models, but it worked this time. I would recommend this dealership, as they delivered their deal without quibbling. They're even arranging a free "courtesy delivery" to a Houston dealership to save my having to travel 300 miles to pick up the car after it arrives in the US.

If you live in Texas, keep these guys in mind!

The 328i coupe is not a brand new model. It has an minor update, but it's not like you're getting a X6, M3, or 1-Series. So there's no reason for them not to discount the car. $1k over invoice is MORE than enough.




Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
My advice is: (1) never work with MSRP -- always start with invoice/wholesale; and (2) establish a relationship with a CA. If you are doing ED, work with ED invoice. Then add about $1200 for the CA/dealer. The wholesale ED price for a 328i E93 is $31,060. The option prices (invoice ED) are zpp $3050, zsp $1320, navi $1910, 677 $795, 6fl $365. [not sure what sports steering wheel you are referring to that is not standard with zsp]. That invoice totals to $38500 + $895 shipping = $39395 Note that there is no training fee on ED.

A good deal on this car would be $40500. That is about what my CA would sell it for.

The ED MSRP is 33760 + 3350 + 1450 + 2100 + 875 + 400 + 895 = 42830

If you develop a relationship with a quality CA at a good dealership you should be able to negotiate a price that is more than 2k off ED MSRP. But the gap between invoice and MSRP will be different depending on the car and options, so again, always work with the invoice price.

This is for a new model purchase. When dealing with year-end sales (like getting a 2008 now), there may be better deals. And of course demand/availability will affect margins.

Regardless, Euro Delivery is an amazing experience and a bargain to boot. One of the best things about a BMW purchase in my book.

With zsp and a Dec. delivery do not forget to rent snowtires.
x2 ALWAYS go up from ED invoice. (Including ED option pricing as well.) There is no MACO, or Advertising or any of that shit on ED cars. And $1,000 over ED invoice is PLENTY, I wouldn't go any higher. (And I didn't, when I did my 335i coupe via ED this past June.) Some people get it for like $500-750 over invoice, but anywhere between $500-1,000 over ED invoice is good IMO. I wouldn't go to $1,200 though, but it's not a big deal.
__________________
ED & PCD = DONE & DONE! 08' AW/Coral 335i coupe 6-speed (Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Heated Seats) *European Delivery
MrSteak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #14
teej361
Private First Class
 
teej361's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 e90
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 198
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Congrats on the deal. My family has bought two cars from this dealership. Which salesman did you deal with?
teej361 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
dah
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 47
iTrader: (-1)

Guess my advise is too late (I live in Houston). Sebastian over at BMW of Beaumont gave me the best pricing earlier this year on my ED - $900 over invoice on E92 before summer price increase too. Witchita Falls matched but is a further drive. Houston and Dallas dealers laughed at me.
dah is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
deal, dealership, discount, e92 coupe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST