E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Review: Eisenmann Sport for 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
loco310
Total white boyee
loco310's Avatar
8
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down Review: Eisenmann Sport for 335i

So I just installed an Eisenmann Sport exhaust on my 335i. I was told that this was the recommended version for car because of my bi-turbo engine-- that is, get the Sport versus the Race to avoid annoying drone.

Unfortunately I dropped over $2k on it, waited for months and months, finally got it on and I'm just not super stoked.

I've been driving it all morning and it's at most, 10% - 15% louder than stock. I swear on my life, most of the time, it's totally dead silent at normal speeds. I mean, there's no drone, of course. But there's not much of ... anything... really.

Even the exhaust shop guys were dumbfounded. One of them yelled, "hey! did you just put the stock BACK on??" While I was revving it up in the shop.

Maybe I'm spoiled? My last two cars were S4s that had amazingly ballsy V8s up front. When you dropped $900 on an exhaust for it, people drooled when you drove by.

I'm gonna see about returning this thing and getting a different unit. (fingers crossed). Julius??

So a word of caution to you all, the Eisenmann Sport IS NOT for you if you're looking for loud. If you're looking for a slightly different sound than stock -- or want something even slightly quieter than stock, then this IS the system for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
nebz
Captain
nebz's Avatar
7
Rep
684
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: nyc

iTrader: (6)

i got the race and im loving it. im plannin to get DPs im hopin it wont change the sound lol
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
dragazn
Major
13
Rep
1,006
Posts

 
Drives: i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dfw

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.88]
Send a message via Yahoo to dragazn
Is that a full cat back or just the muffler?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
loco310
Total white boyee
loco310's Avatar
8
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

if you're referencing my post, just the mufflers and tips.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Nate@IND
Nate@IND's Avatar
491
Rep
10,450
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the Sport performance sound. The Sport system is TUV approved and has the same db level as stock. For some of our customers the tone is perfect.

We will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Please contact the Julius and he will take care of you. Would you like to get a Race performance system? I can get one shipped out ASAP.

Thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
262
Rep
17,021
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
The sport is definitely going to be on the milder end of aftermarket exhausts but I like it given that it retains the stock sportiness of the car and is not too obnoxious. Have you thought about removing the center piping to make it louder?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
kuvesh
Lieutenant
kuvesh's Avatar
Singapore
13
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i juiced
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

iTrader: (1)

i had the eisenmann race and it sounded great but i couldn't handle the drone. now i'm using bastuck, it has no drone, but the sound is nothing like the eisenmann race which is hands down the best sounding exhaust around in my book....
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
kuvesh
Lieutenant
kuvesh's Avatar
Singapore
13
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i juiced
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
The sport is definitely going to be on the milder end of aftermarket exhausts but I like it given that it retains the stock sportiness of the car and is not too obnoxious. Have you thought about removing the center piping to make it louder?

i assume you talking about running catless mid-pipes? does that cause any drone?

i'm considering doing that for my bastuck but dont want to cause any drone.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
loco310
Total white boyee
loco310's Avatar
8
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Nate, you guys and Julius have been amazing and very helpful. I appreciate it.

YES! I definitely wanted that Eisenmann sound and it's just not there in the Sport.

Please send me the Race mufflers as soon as you can. The tips I currently have / am waiting for will work with the Race mufflers, correct?

It's a bummer to have to pay these dudes another $200 for the take-off/install, but I guess that's the hand I have to play.

Where should I send the Sport mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Mr. 5's Avatar
Scotland
270
Rep
8,626
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Don't waste your money on getting the race.
Do you have an e90 (sedan) or e92 (coupe)?
If you have the e90 then get the section 2 piping that will eliminate your resonator with the X pipe.
I'll guarantee you'll like the sound better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco310 View Post
So I just installed an Eisenmann Sport exhaust on my 335i. I was told that this was the recommended version for car because of my bi-turbo engine-- that is, get the Sport versus the Race to avoid annoying drone.

Unfortunately I dropped over $2k on it, waited for months and months, finally got it on and I'm just not super stoked.

I've been driving it all morning and it's at most, 10% - 15% louder than stock. I swear on my life, most of the time, it's totally dead silent at normal speeds. I mean, there's no drone, of course. But there's not much of ... anything... really.

Even the exhaust shop guys were dumbfounded. One of them yelled, "hey! did you just put the stock BACK on??" While I was revving it up in the shop.

Maybe I'm spoiled? My last two cars were S4s that had amazingly ballsy V8s up front. When you dropped $900 on an exhaust for it, people drooled when you drove by.

I'm gonna see about returning this thing and getting a different unit. (fingers crossed). Julius??

So a word of caution to you all, the Eisenmann Sport IS NOT for you if you're looking for loud. If you're looking for a slightly different sound than stock -- or want something even slightly quieter than stock, then this IS the system for you.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
loco310
Total white boyee
loco310's Avatar
8
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

e92. But ya know, I'm a paranoid amateur tuner -- aka -- so afraid to eff with my warranty guarantee.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Mr. 5's Avatar
Scotland
270
Rep
8,626
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco310 View Post
e92. But ya know, I'm a paranoid amateur tuner -- aka -- so afraid to eff with my warranty guarantee.
You'll only begin to mess with the waranty if you start eliminating the cats.
Since you have the e92 then you already have a stock X pipe.
Good thing you didn't have the e90--you would have really been pissed.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Nate@IND
Nate@IND's Avatar
491
Rep
10,450
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco310 View Post
Nate, you guys and Julius have been amazing and very helpful. I appreciate it.

YES! I definitely wanted that Eisenmann sound and it's just not there in the Sport.

Please send me the Race mufflers as soon as you can. The tips I currently have / am waiting for will work with the Race mufflers, correct?

It's a bummer to have to pay these dudes another $200 for the take-off/install, but I guess that's the hand I have to play.

Where should I send the Sport mufflers?
Will work out all the details on Monday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and sorry for all the troubles
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335i, eisenmann, review, sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST