E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Let us never forget..... 09.11.01!!

09-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #23
Craig@SupremePower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: '12 Dodge Durango R/T

7 years gone by damn....I remember the first call at work about a plane hitting the towers and the news was sketchy at first and we thought it was a cessna or somethingand laughed it off then 5 mins later my boss' wife called hysterical crying and we immediately headed home. The roads were crazy i remember flying over the bridge that goes over the raritan river on the GSP in my E46 and seeing the towers burning in the distance. Lookin over as i'm doing 120 to see a state trooper flying past me and waving me to go... I got home safely in my driveway and hop out of the car and 3 jets fly overhead about a thousand feet off the ground!! The whole day was just surreal... and going to the site a few weeks later to see church gates and walls on buildings lined with pictures of those missing and memorials to those lost! Just senseless...
      09-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #24
Joe C
Colonel

Drives: e92 335i AKA "BaLLzZz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
7 years gone by damn....I remember the first call at work about a plane hitting the towers and the news was sketchy at first and we thought it was a cessna or somethingand laughed it off then 5 mins later my boss' wife called hysterical crying and we immediately headed home. The roads were crazy i remember flying over the bridge that goes over the raritan river on the GSP in my E46 and seeing the towers burning in the distance. Lookin over as i'm doing 120 to see a state trooper flying past me and waving me to go... I got home safely in my driveway and hop out of the car and 3 jets fly overhead about a thousand feet off the ground!! The whole day was just surreal... and going to the site a few weeks later to see church gates and walls on buildings lined with pictures of those missing and memorials to those lost! Just senseless...
Thats exactly what I though if anyone could remember a few days earlier a lil flyer hit the statue of liberty. I laughed it off and thought it was something to that degree. Until I turned on the tv. I had left school very quickly and on the way home I seen the tower go down. It was horrible. Then 2 f16s rocketed pasy my whole neighborhood. SAD DAY. Its on of those days you know exactly where you were when you heard.

08 e92 n54
Joe C is offline   United_States
      09-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #25
Mystiquek333
Mystiquek333

Drives: 08' 328i/Alpine White

Send a message via AIM to Mystiquek333
never forget...
Mystiquek333 is offline   United_States
      09-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #26
infamous Murci
Private First Class

Drives: Murcielago

Amazing how after this day 7 years ago the whole country came together. Now 7 years later people remember but its back to the old days of everyone fighting. I like most here lost plenty of friends that day and if I had listened to my boss and gone back upstairs to work I myself would have lost my life..

Weird feeling I get every year at this time. It is good to see the support from the people on the forums..
      09-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #27
JBiddy
Brigadier General

Drives: e90 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous Murci View Post
Amazing how after this day 7 years ago the whole country came together. Now 7 years later people remember but its back to the old days of everyone fighting. I like most here lost plenty of friends that day and if I had listened to my boss and gone back upstairs to work I myself would have lost my life..

Weird feeling I get every year at this time. It is good to see the support from the people on the forums..
wow!!! thats crazy.... we are glad you made it out bro....
      09-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #28
brtnrdr1x
Private First Class

Drives: by u w/ the finger ;)

Send a message via AIM to brtnrdr1x
i was asked this in history class today actually at my county college ..i remember i was only in 7th grade at a catholic school starting trouble like KLUBHOPPER lol..my mom picked me up and when the t.v. was on at home i was like whattttttt??...daddy worked in the city so i didn't know where he worked at that age and my mom was just crying her eyes out so i was like ummm wheres dadddy.. ..luckily he was uptown that day he managed a couple JP Morgan Chase buildings but only went near the WTC once a week. everyone knows what they were doing that day, everything seemed to stop and of course we are back to our old ways. It is odd how we go on so easily although we still have that in our hearts..GOD BLESS!!

MODS: 5% tint / JUN-TW roof spoiler / 8000K Oracle xenon(lows) / 3000K JDM Luminics fogs / Smoked tails / Full LED interior;puddles;back-ups
brtnrdr1x is offline   United_States
      09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #29
Kodak
The Law

Drives: 06 325xi, 4dr, Alpine

PO Ramon Suarez Memorial 9/11< NEVER FORGET

That was definitely one of the worse days in my life , I lost friends and co workers and I say there isn't a day that I don't forget and I can bravely state that I still shed tears about that fateful day.

[center]
God Bless all those that we lost
NEVER FORGET

Below is a link to one of my buddies who was killed on 9/11
Word of advice , you might shed a tear while viewing
P.O.Ramon Suarez - NYPD Memorial
http://www.jamesarnett.com/suarez/

Last edited by Kodak; 09-12-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: correcting link
Kodak is offline   United_States
      09-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #30
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

I lost my baseball coach from little league...PAPD cop RIP
      09-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #31
gmazet
Lieutenant

Drives: No bimmer.. Bummer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I do miss the towers. My ex gf and I would frequent NYC on our spring break days while in highschool and sight see. We always made a stop at the twin towers to go to the top.

And yes, no more war, don't vote for mcsame and failin.

I always feel funny looking at the city now, it really is not the same, and it always makes me sad and mad at what happened.

I was working at ML in Princeton watching in horror in our Network Ops Center as the second plane slammed in.. I left work to go be with my then pregnant wife and was listening in on the radio as they reported the crash of FLT 93, I sped home thinking this was it, that full scale war was being brought to us, wondering how many more crashes and bombs would be going off. I wasn't especially close to anyone who died during those attacks, but I still feel a sense of significant loss because of the damage done to the fabric of our community, yet I am also very proud of how that same community came back strong - american flags flying on overpasses, flagpoles in front yards, and in how people responded with real action, including many giving their lives in the middle east..

god bless america, and those who gave all to help rescue others and protect our freedom..

2012 F25 28i, SG/Chestnut|Msport|Premium|Tech|Cold1&2
Me: Still miss my 2008 E92tt, F82 ED coming in 2015 (if I can hold out)